Afterlife….How About For You?

They have been smashing atoms and observing subatomic particles for decades and not once have they discovered anything close to resembling dark matter and dark energy.

It doesn't exist.

Funny that most physicists think it does exist.

The 2011 Nobel Prize was awarded to the astronomers who actually discovered that the universal expansion was accelerating.

And we have no way of detecting what we call dark matter all we know is that there is something out there that is causing expansion to accelerate when the physics we understand tells us the opposite should be happening
Show me one who explains it's role in the creation of the universe. Can you do that?

Because from where I sit this is a red herring to distract from the discussion that the universe popped into existence.

What we think it means is that there is much more matter in the universe is needed to account for this acceleration and that in turn was why the term "dark matter" was coined.
There is no reason to make up things that cannot be proven. You said it yourself. They made it up to make things work. :lol:

It has been proven that the expansion of the universe is accelerating
And can be explained by other things without creating a preposterous there's 95% of matter we can't see, have never observed, have never been able to capture, have never been able to directly measure and have never seen in any super collider experiments.

They have been smashing atoms and observing subatomic particles for decades and not once have they discovered anything close to resembling dark matter and dark energy.

It doesn't exist.

The 2011 Nobel Prize was awarded to the astronomers who actually discovered that the universal expansion was accelerating.

And we have no way of detecting what we call dark matter all we know is that there is something out there that is causing expansion to accelerate when the physics we understand tells us the opposite should be happening
It almost sounds like you believe dark matter is God. :lol:

What we think it means is that there is much more matter in the universe is needed to account for this acceleration and that in turn was why the term "dark matter" was coined.
There is no reason to make up things that cannot be proven. You said it yourself. They made it up to make things work. :lol:

Actually no. That doesn't prove it. You are kidding, right?

Is that how you prove something?

By making up something to make equations work? That's called garbage in garbage out.

It doesn't exist.

Show me one who explains it's role in the creation of the universe. Can you do that?

Because from where I sit this is a red herring to distract from the discussion that the universe popped into existence.
We only know what happened the instant AFTER the universe came into being. I have never said anything refuting the age or the time of the origin of the universe onlythat there are things in the universe we don't understand.

And it only makes sense to think that if what we call dark matter is causing the acceleration of the expansion then that same dark matter came into existence with the universe.

It's not too great a leap to think there are things in the universe we don't and may not ever understand.

It doesn't exist.

Wrong.

I do not believe in any gods.

I have made that quite clear.

Actually no. That doesn't prove it. You are kidding, right?

Is that how you prove something?

By making up something to make equations work? That's called garbage in garbage out.

We have observed galaxies accelerating away from each other at an increasing we cannot explain it so we posit a theory to explain the observation then we try to prove or disprove the theory.

That's the way science works

It doesn't exist.

We only know what happened the instant AFTER the universe came into being. I have never said anything refuting the age or the time of the origin of the universe onlythat there are things in the universe we don't understand.

And it only makes sense to think that if what we call dark matter is causing the acceleration of the expansion then that same dark matter came into existence with the universe.

It's not too great a leap to think there are things in the universe we don't and may not ever understand.
Do you believe that objects will equilibrate in temperature?

Because if you do - and you should - it is not possible for matter/energy to exist forever without equilibrating. Thus, matter and energy must have a beginning.

Why is this concept so hard for you to understand? Because this is how we know that matter and energy did not create the universe.

As to your ridiculous assumption that dark matter came into existence with the universe... 1. you have already admitted not understanding it so no conclusions can be drawn by you. and 2. and most importantly, that's not the prevailing model for dark matter. I suggest you do a little research on this before making foolish statements. Or you could continue along this line and I will do it for you.

It doesn't exist.

Because if you do - and you should - it is not possible for matter/energy to exist forever without equilibrating. Thus, matter and energy must have a beginning.

Why is this concept so hard for you to understand? Because this is how we know that matter and energy did not create the universe.

As to your ridiculous assumption that dark matter came into existence with the universe... 1. you have already admitted not understanding it so no conclusions can be drawn by you. and 2. and most importantly, that's not the prevailing model for dark matter. I suggest you do a little research on this before making foolish statements. Or you could continue along this line and I will do it for you.

I have already told you that the theory of dark matter does not refute the theory of the origin of the universe. Why you keep harping on this I don't know.

It doesn't exist.

I have already told you that the theory of dark matter does not refute the theory of the origin of the universe. Why you keep harping on this I don't know.

Because you keep bringing it up to disparage it.

Without ever understanding what you are discussing.

It doesn't exist.

Wrong.

You could have fooled me.

You have no proof of dark matter but you believe it exists.

It doesn't exist.

OK quote me where I have ever once said that I dispute the time of the origin of the universe.

WHat I am saying that you don't seem to comprehend is that there are things that exist that we don't understand

The fact is we cannot account for what we observe in the universe and I think I'll believe the Nobel Prize winning scientists over you any day.

It doesn't exist.

Wrong.

SOMETHING exists out there because we cannot explain what we are observing in the universe

How many thousands of years did humans not know atoms or subatomic particles existed?

How many thousands years did humans not understand genetics?

You seem to believe that not knowing about something means it doesn't exist.

It doesn't exist.

OK quote me where I have ever once said that I dispute the time of the origin of the universe.

WHat I am saying that you don't seem to comprehend is that there are things that exist that we don't understand

The fact is we cannot account for what we observe in the universe and I think I'll believe the Nobel Prize winning scientists over you any day.
Let's test that. How was the universe created?

It doesn't exist.

Wrong.

SOMETHING exists out there because we cannot explain what we are observing in the universe

How many thousands of years did humans not know atoms or subatomic particles existed?

How many thousands years did humans not understand genetics?

You seem to believe that not knowing about something means it doesn't exist.
Incorrect. Dark matter is the modern day cosmological constant. It does not exist in reality. It's only purpose is to make the equations work.

For the thousandth time... the chimera of dark matter only applies to the expansion of the universe. It does not apply to the creation of the universe.

It doesn't exist.

We don't know HOW because everything we know and can observe happened the microsecond AFTER the universe came into being. All we have ever observed is the result of the event that created the universe

You'll notice that the HOW has nothing to do with the WHEN

It doesn't exist.

We don't know HOW because everything we know and can observe happened the microsecond AFTER the universe came into being. All we have ever observed is the result of the event that created the universe

Wrong. Inflation Theory, the First Law of Thermodynamics and quantum mechanics tells us that it is possible for matter to have a beginning. In a closed universe the gravitational energy which is always negative exactly compensates the positive energy of matter. So the energy of a closed universe is always zero. So nothing prevents this universe from being spontaneously created. Because the net energy is always zero. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. There is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws that describe the evolution of the universe also describe the appearance of the universe which means that the laws were in place before the universe itself.

It doesn't exist.

Do you know what the cosmic background radiation is in practical terms?

Forum List

Back