After useing this new format since it started i am not digging it

meeting.jpg

Still not happy with it, not able to locate functions I need to mod.

(and no mike, I haven't lost the ability to delete posts, or ban people)

No one cares. Just so long as we click informative. But if you give it a while it will probably be all fixed up.

While I can understand the necessity of the change based upon the admins' explanation, I am personally missing the warm and welcoming feeling or mood ( ambiance ) I remember the previous format having. There was more intimacy although I can't remember any details. I remember only a coziness the format contained. I will become accustomed to this one as time goes on and the memory of the last two formats fades. :sigh2:
jesus H holy Christ! How can you be intimate with a piece of software??? Call out the the men with the nets!
In this context: to communicate delicately and indirectly, a sense of welcoming.

Yes, I still vote to:

1. Ditch the thumbs down button
2, Give us back our funny & agree button
3. Give us back our informative button.
4. And again a sympathy or prayers button would be helpful when we just want to empathize with somebody.
And I would add to that our "thank you" button.

Personally I think xenforo sucks, myBB 1.8 (FREE forum software allows full inline moderation in the offending post) , no need to visit moderation que or the administration board at all.

My favorite FREE forum software, myBB1.8 version, at bottom of the thread page:

Inline Post Moderation: Soft Delete PostsRestore PostsDelete Posts PermanentlyMerge PostsSplit PostsMove PostsApprove PostsUnapprove Posts

Moderation Options: Delayed ModerationEdit / View Thread NotesOpen / Close ThreadSoft Delete ThreadDelete Thread PermanentlyStick / Unstick ThreadMove / Copy ThreadSplit ThreadMerge ThreadsRemove RedirectsRemove All SubscriptionsUnapprove Thread

Forum Jump: Private MessagesUser Control PanelWho's OnlineSearchForum Home Administrative-- Site Announcement-- Moderation Resources-- Meteorological sources-- Published Science Papers-- Climate Gate-- Forums to visit-- Science Presentations Blog "Lite"-- Climate Science-- Climate Politics General Discussions-- Climate and Weather-- Climate Change Politics-- Charts and Cartoons---- Worthy Comments to read from the internet---- Video Hidden forum-- Restricted access

======

Within the target post at the bottom, each are clickable buttons:

PM Find Rate Edit Delete Reply Quote Report Warn

Warn is where you can shut down someone for a time.

Username:
Warning Type:
Notify User:

Paid IP board software is better, have been a moderator in it, even paid vBULLETIN 4 software is better, been a Administrator in it.

I prefer FREE forum software, save a lot of money...….

Last edited:

Forum List

Back