After CHOP, no armed police officers allowed inside Molly Moon's ice cream shop

I'm conflicted about this. I know that there are problems within our law enforcement agencies that need to be addressed but I believe in rolling up one's sleeves and doing the hard work to improve things instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I'm wondering why she didn't just come out and say "No Cops Allowed" because if she requires them to go home, disarm, "shower", have some dinner and then come to her store to get some ice cream for dessert without their firearms, then she simply doesn't want on duty police officers in her store. Private property and all as she says but police officers are armed for a reason.

On the other hand, I don't know how some of these people are able to function in the real world with the possibility of a police officer popping up at any given moment, anywhere you go, if you dare venture out of your home. And it's not that I dont' have compassion for people who have been traumatized but we were brought up to face our fears, deal with any issues we may have that would limit our ability to be a fully functioning member of society and I don't see how coddling people to this extent helps them or anyone else for a matter of fact if the mere sight of a police officer in full gear is enough to enduce a panic or anxiety attack that can only be alleviated by the removal of the officer from the premises.

"by Patrick Quinn, KOMO News Reporter​
Wednesday, July 8th 2020​

After CHOP, no armed police officers allowed inside Molly Moon's ice cream shop (KOMO News)​
email.svg
SEATTLE – This week, Molly-Moon Neitzel posted a sign outside her Capitol Hill ice cream shop.​
“Police officers, Molly Moon’s is a gun free zone. Please do not come inside if you are wearing a firearm,” the sign reads.​
Moon-Neitzel, who owns nine ice cream shops across the region, said the signs only hang at the Capitol Hill location.​
She said the move comes after hundreds of armed officers visited her shop while CHOP was being dismantled.​
“We had a few hundred come in, packing their guns and it was making my employees feel uncomfortable.”​
Moon-Neitzel said all of her shops have been gun-free for roughly five years, but after CHOP, she said she felt like she needed to specifically clarify, this policy includes armed police officers.​
“They were intimidating and causing some of my black and brown employees to feel unsafe.”​
Moon-Neitzel said police officers are welcome if they are not armed.​
“I would say finish your shift, go home, take a shower, have dinner with your family, and please come to Molly Moon’s and get some ice cream. Everyone is welcome.”"​

After CHOP, no armed police officers allowed inside Molly Moon’s ice cream shop
Sure would suck if someone robbed that store and NO COPS came to help. Would be a damn shame.

Maybe just fire bomb it and be done with it.

The right-wingers have been babbling and bawling for years now that business owners have a right to run their businesses according to their "deeply held beliefs," and choose whom they will serve and whom they will not serve. I guess this business is owned by someone with "deeply held beliefs." I'm looking forward to seeing the support that the right-wingers give this business owner.

I am a registered democrat but recognize that the donkey is AT LEAST temporarily pixilated. I support the right of Ms Moon to exclude cops from her store and life and the right of the cops to make note of her exclusion and post that exclusion
in a prominent place on or near her store. People who want the ice cream can lick their cones at their own risk

This week, Molly-Moon Neitzel posted a sign outside her Capitol Hill ice cream shop.“Police officers, Molly Moon’s is a gun free zone. Please do not come inside if you are wearing a firearm,” the sign reads.
To hell with that stupid bitch

she can stick the ice cream up her ass

Who is she going to call to enforce this action?

The right-wingers have been babbling and bawling for years now that business owners have a right to run their businesses according to their "deeply held beliefs," and choose whom they will serve and whom they will not serve. I guess this business is owned by someone with "deeply held beliefs." I'm looking forward to seeing the support that the right-wingers give this business owner.

Not even the bakers who didn't want to accommodate a same sex wedding wanted to deny point of sale services to anyone, including the very same gay couple they didn't want to provide a wedding cake for.

This is direct denial of a point of sale service at a public accommodation of someone required by their job to keep their firearm on them at all times.

The real funny thing is, if they do come into the store, who is she going to call to make them leave?

The right-wingers have been babbling and bawling for years now that business owners have a right to run their businesses according to their "deeply held beliefs," and choose whom they will serve and whom they will not serve. I guess this business is owned by someone with "deeply held beliefs."

Yes, so deeply held that she happily accepted their money while they were all there spending it and then only after she made a nice profit off of them and they were mostly gone from the area did she issue her proclamation.

I'm conflicted about this. I know that there are problems within our law enforcement agencies that need to be addressed but I believe in rolling up one's sleeves and doing the hard work to improve things instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I'm wondering why she didn't just come out and say "No Cops Allowed" because if she requires them to go home, disarm, "shower", have some dinner and then come to her store to get some ice cream for dessert without their firearms, then she simply doesn't want on duty police officers in her store. Private property and all as she says but police officers are armed for a reason.

On the other hand, I don't know how some of these people are able to function in the real world with the possibility of a police officer popping up at any given moment, anywhere you go, if you dare venture out of your home. And it's not that I dont' have compassion for people who have been traumatized but we were brought up to face our fears, deal with any issues we may have that would limit our ability to be a fully functioning member of society and I don't see how coddling people to this extent helps them or anyone else for a matter of fact if the mere sight of a police officer in full gear is enough to enduce a panic or anxiety attack that can only be alleviated by the removal of the officer from the premises.

After CHOP, no armed police officers allowed inside Molly Moon's ice cream shop (KOMO News)​
email.svg
SEATTLE – This week, Molly-Moon Neitzel posted a sign outside her Capitol Hill ice cream shop.​
“Police officers, Molly Moon’s is a gun free zone. Please do not come inside if you are wearing a firearm,” the sign reads.​
Moon-Neitzel, who owns nine ice cream shops across the region, said the signs only hang at the Capitol Hill location.​
She said the move comes after hundreds of armed officers visited her shop while CHOP was being dismantled.​
“We had a few hundred come in, packing their guns and it was making my employees feel uncomfortable.”​
Moon-Neitzel said all of her shops have been gun-free for roughly five years, but after CHOP, she said she felt like she needed to specifically clarify, this policy includes armed police officers.​
“They were intimidating and causing some of my black and brown employees to feel unsafe.”​
“I would say finish your shift, go home, take a shower, have dinner with your family, and please come to Molly Moon’s and get some ice cream. Everyone is welcome.”"​

If you're "conflicted", you're no more AMERICAN than this woman

Last edited:
She had hundreds of customers come in and that made her employees uncomfortable.

m'kay....

After CHOP, no armed police officers allowed inside Molly Moon's ice cream shop
You hear that, criminals? Feel free to rob Molly Moonbats, they have no police protection.

My sense of Ms Molly Moon icecream cone----is that she believes that her proclamation will protect her against BLM vandalism and looting

email.svg

If you're "conflicted", you're no more AMERICAN than this woman
I can't speak for her since the only thing I know about her is what I've read in this story, but one thing I'm sure of is that I'm more American than you, all the way around :)

Forum List

Back