After a week in, President Biden has already achieved what Trump never did

He tried to overrule the law with the EO
Now you are getting it. Us non-statists call that "abuse of power"
Do you understand now?
You can call it that if you want to be a drama Queen or you can’t be real and recognize that this is all part of governing. Did you jump down Trumps throat when he did the travel ban on Muslim countries that got struck down by courts twice? Just curious
Abusing a EO to go around congressional legislation isnt abuse of power? Lol Ok boomer
Biden as the chief executive is in charge of DHS and immigration enforcement. It’s part of his responsibilities. If he feels that there should be a pause in deportations while he figures out is next moves then that seems perfectly reasonable. I think there is a valid argument against stopping existing judgments from being carried out. But I don’t see a problem with him deferring or pausing future cases. Will be interesting to see how it plays out in court.
The president doesnt control immigration. Congress does.
I am so glad we have 3 branches of fed gov. It would be even worse if you statists had your way.
My gawd.
Close but you’re not quite right. Congress is responsible for making laws and the executive is responsible for enforcement of those laws. Let’s get on the same page and look at the law shall we? Which law are you referring to that says illegals need to be deported within 90 days?
executive is responsible for enforcement of those laws.
Lol do you even know what day it is?
I didnt claim there was such a law.
Yes, responsible for enforcement. So let’s look at the law that you claim the executive is inappropriately enforcing. If there is no law then how can Biden be abusing his power by failing to enforce it?

And yes, it’s pwn Harley Day
So, you are saying if a President thinks a law is bad, he can just tell everyone to back off? :lol:
I didnt claim there was no such law, either. Jesus lol You are as delusional as those men that are in womens sports.
But there is one.
8 U.S. Code § 1231 - Detention and removal of aliens ordered removed | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)
Thank you! If you actually read the law then I assume you know what’s coming...

take a look at the following sections. Looks as if there are plenty of exceptions for the 90 day removal within the LAW and at the discretion of the AG whose boss is POTUS. Thoughts?

(3)Supervision after 90-day periodIf the alien does not leave or is not removed within the removal period, the alien, pending removal, shall be subject to supervision under regulations prescribed by the Attorney General. The regulations shall include provisions requiring the alien—
(A)
to appear before an immigration officer periodically for identification;
(B)
to submit, if necessary, to a medical and psychiatric examination at the expense of the United StatesGovernment;
(C)
to give information under oath about the alien’s nationality, circumstances, habits, associations, and activities, and other information the Attorney Generalconsiders appropriate; and
(D)
to obey reasonable written restrictions on the alien’s conduct or activities that the Attorney Generalprescribes for thealien.

(7)Employment authorizationNo alien ordered removed shall be eligible to receive authorization to be employed in the United States unless the Attorney Generalmakes a specific finding that—

(B)
the removal of the alien is otherwise impracticable or contrary to the public interest.

(2)Stay of removal
(A)In generalThe Attorney General may stay the removal of analien under this subsection if the Attorney Generaldecides that—
(i)
immediate removal is not practicable or proper; or

(C)Release during stayThe Attorney General may release an alien whose removal is stayed under subparagraph (A)(ii) on—
The 90 day period can be suspended by the illegals actions. Not by the govt.
/discussion
Doesn’t sound like you read everything. Here is a specific clause that gives the AG discretion

Stay of removal
(A)In generalThe Attorney General may stay the removal of analien under this subsection if the Attorney Generaldecides that—
(i)
The complaint or the EO said nothing about the AG. It was about the DHS.
1 Complaint_0.pdf (texasattorneygeneral.gov)
AG oversees DHS. POTUS overseas both departments. The EO that you are calling abuse of power has carve outs in the law for discretion on enforcement

Do you understand now?
You can call it that if you want to be a drama Queen or you can’t be real and recognize that this is all part of governing. Did you jump down Trumps throat when he did the travel ban on Muslim countries that got struck down by courts twice? Just curious
Abusing a EO to go around congressional legislation isnt abuse of power? Lol Ok boomer
Biden as the chief executive is in charge of DHS and immigration enforcement. It’s part of his responsibilities. If he feels that there should be a pause in deportations while he figures out is next moves then that seems perfectly reasonable. I think there is a valid argument against stopping existing judgments from being carried out. But I don’t see a problem with him deferring or pausing future cases. Will be interesting to see how it plays out in court.
I am so glad we have 3 branches of fed gov. It would be even worse if you statists had your way.
My gawd.
Close but you’re not quite right. Congress is responsible for making laws and the executive is responsible for enforcement of those laws. Let’s get on the same page and look at the law shall we? Which law are you referring to that says illegals need to be deported within 90 days?
Yes, responsible for enforcement. So let’s look at the law that you claim the executive is inappropriately enforcing. If there is no law then how can Biden be abusing his power by failing to enforce it?

So, you are saying if a President thinks a law is bad, he can just tell everyone to back off? :lol:
I didnt claim there was no such law, either. Jesus lol You are as delusional as those men that are in womens sports.
But there is one.
8 U.S. Code § 1231 - Detention and removal of aliens ordered removed | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)

take a look at the following sections. Looks as if there are plenty of exceptions for the 90 day removal within the LAW and at the discretion of the AG whose boss is POTUS. Thoughts?

(3)Supervision after 90-day periodIf the alien does not leave or is not removed within the removal period, the alien, pending removal, shall be subject to supervision under regulations prescribed by the Attorney General. The regulations shall include provisions requiring the alien—
(A)
(B)
to submit, if necessary, to a medical and psychiatric examination at the expense of the United StatesGovernment;
(C)
to give information under oath about the alien’s nationality, circumstances, habits, associations, and activities, and other information the Attorney Generalconsiders appropriate; and
(D)
to obey reasonable written restrictions on the alien’s conduct or activities that the Attorney Generalprescribes for thealien.

(7)Employment authorizationNo alien ordered removed shall be eligible to receive authorization to be employed in the United States unless the Attorney Generalmakes a specific finding that—

(B)
the removal of the alien is otherwise impracticable or contrary to the public interest.

(2)Stay of removal
(i)

(C)Release during stayThe Attorney General may release an alien whose removal is stayed under subparagraph (A)(ii) on—

So where does it say "just because the commies don't want to follow the law"?

It doesn’t say "just because the commies don't want to follow the law" I never claimed it said that.

No quid pro joe is saying that.

Sorry it’s too early for me to engage in this kind of low IQ grade school banter. You win. I forfeit. I don’t have the patience to talk to you right now. Congrats.

FOAD.

Do you understand now?
My gawd.

But there is one.

(A)
(B)
(C)
(D)

(B)

(2)Stay of removal
(i)

/discussion
Doesn’t sound like you read everything. Here is a specific clause that gives the AG discretion

Stay of removal
(i)
AG oversees DHS. POTUS overseas both departments. The EO that you are calling abuse of power has carve outs in the law for discretion on enforcement
AG oversees DHS

Do you understand now?
My gawd.

But there is one.

(A)
(B)
(C)
(D)

(B)

(2)Stay of removal
(i)

/discussion

Stay of removal
(i)
You got a link about the AG overseeing DHS?
None of that is relevant to the EO. Read the complaint.

Do you understand now?
My gawd.

But there is one.

(A)
(B)
(C)
(D)

(B)

(2)Stay of removal
(i)

/discussion

Stay of removal
(i)
I meant to say deportations

Do you understand now?
My gawd.

But there is one.

(A)
(B)
(C)
(D)

(B)

(2)Stay of removal
(i)

/discussion

Stay of removal
(i)
Its still irrelevant. Read the complaint. Read the EO.

Cuomo still has a high approval rating and he was like the fucking grim reaper last year with his terrible management.

Means nothing even if you 100% believe the polls. Simply being alive is enough for some idiots on the left (once not that long ago this wasn't true)

Very unlikely Trump never hit 50% approval. Just very likely they wren't polling his supporters properly. As seen during the election

Do you understand now?
My gawd.

But there is one.

(A)
(B)
(C)
(D)

(B)

(2)Stay of removal
(i)

/discussion

Stay of removal
(i)
You’ve been saying that Biden is abusing power because he doesn’t have the authority to override the law, but the law clear allows for discretion in the sentencing of deportees.

I don’t know how everything links up but it seems with in thePresidents power to give the AG a directive to pause deportations for a specified amount of time while they develop their immigration agenda during a pandemic. The law that you posted gives the AG the authority to do this. Would you agree with that?

Do you understand now?
My gawd.

But there is one.

(A)
(B)
(C)
(D)

(B)

(2)Stay of removal
(i)

/discussion

Stay of removal
(i)
You’ve been saying that Biden is abusing power because he doesn’t have the authority to override the law, but the law clear allows for discretion in the sentencing of deportees.

I don’t know how everything links up but it seems with in thePresidents power to give the AG a directive to pause deportations for a specified amount of time while they develop their immigration agenda during a pandemic. The law that you posted gives the AG the authority to do this. Would you agree with that?
The EO directs DHS to halt all deportations. The law doesnt mention any of that shit.
Therefore, <drumroll please> its abuse of power!
If you would actually read the complaint and the EO instead of spending 20 minutes typing out a bunch of bullshit, we would have moved on already.

Do you understand now?
My gawd.

But there is one.

(A)
(B)
(C)
(D)

(B)

(2)Stay of removal
(i)

/discussion

Stay of removal
(i)
I read the EO. He is directing the SOS, AG, and departments heads to act within the law to execute his directive. that seems fine.

The Texas complaint has to do with an agreement Trump made with Texas just before he left office. That’s not congressional law like you were saying earlier. The merits of this argument can be reviewed in court. Texas judge sided with Texas. I’m sure this will go further though. Seems thin to me but we will see how it plays out

Do you understand now?
My gawd.

But there is one.

(A)
(B)
(C)
(D)

(B)

(2)Stay of removal
(i)

/discussion

Stay of removal
(i)
I read the EO. He is directing the SOS, AG, and departments heads to act within the law to execute his directive. that seems fine.

The Texas complaint has to do with an agreement Trump made with Texas just before he left office. That’s not congressional law like you were saying earlier. The merits of this argument can be reviewed in court. Texas judge sided with Texas. I’m sure this will go further though. Seems thin to me but we will see how it plays out
The texas complaint outlines multiple laws that were violated. Please read it.

Yet another RW troll thread.
Like approval ratings mean a damn thing in one week.

My guess...however... is the 11,000 people he put out of work within the first few hours killing the pipeline were not contacted.

Yup and just add in the rest of the crap he did. I'm sure Winger will continue to tell one and all what a great POTUS that jack ass is.

Hell the dumbass was signing EO's and had no idea what he was signing. 40 of them and none of them help America or Americans at all.

No more drilling for oil in America. His green shit and climate change hoax shit are now front and center. Get ready for four years of misery under the Biden/Harris shit show. Hope the country can survive and everyone who voted for that jack ass regrets is. New Mexico is already regretting it.

Do you understand now?
My gawd.

But there is one.

(A)
(B)
(C)
(D)

(B)

(2)Stay of removal
(i)

/discussion

Stay of removal
(i)

The courts basically said a lot of what obama did on immigration was illegal but because reversing it would effect people's lives they would let teh exectuive action stand.

Which really doesn't make any sense on the face of it.

But you're both right. The law on this issue is so fucked up both things can be true simultaneously.

He and trump may have overstepped their bounds in a legal sense. But there is also a possibility a court lets these orders stand. Precedent says it could go either way.

I thought this was going to be about his 40 EOs :rolleyes:
40 EOs?! Wow. He must be blowing Trump out of the water with the accomplishments!! It’s like something that nobody has ever seen before. Historical accomplishments so far. Go Biden!

Harley's (and I've seen it elsewhere) "argument" about "number of EOs" reminds me of the old Monty Python sketch where they talk about Shakespeare plays in terms of how many words. "Well there they all are, now let's get them in the right order". :cuckoo: Argumentum ad Ridiculum.
Yeah, abusing your power is no big deal. Thanks statist :rolleyes:
Abusing power? How so?

By violating immigration law on day one.

Isn’t the executive in charge of immigration enforcement?

No, actually the law is. The law says an alien with a final deportation order must be removed within 90 days, there is no exception. quid pro joe delayed all deportations for a minimum of 100 days. That was a violation of the law and his oath. I guess it's time to impeach his ass.

Haha. Go for it. Let the snowflakin begin.

He's already got his ass kicked in court. I guess you figure we are only a nation of laws that you like.

Nope, we are a nation of laws from all sides. The system seemed to work just fine. So what are you bitching about?

That’s not research, that’s opinion. Here is opposing opinion.

In 1976, when Richards entered her first professional tournament as a transgender athlete, 23 players withdrew. “It's damn unfair to a woman who has devoted her whole life to tennis to lose a spot in a draw to a man and to become involved in the ‘psychological effects’ of losing to someone with a transsexual background,” said a spokesman for the Women’s Tennis Association.

Women’s sports would soon be “taken over by a giant race of surgically created women,” declared an irate reader in The New York Times. (
Sound familiar?)

Forty-some years later, women’s tennis seems OK.[...]

In reality, 16 states already have trans-friendly policies governing sports, which differ in details but allow students to compete according to their gender identification in current school records and daily-life activities. So far, girls’ sports in those states seem OK.

40 EOs?! Wow. He must be blowing Trump out of the water with the accomplishments!! It’s like something that nobody has ever seen before. Historical accomplishments so far. Go Biden!

Harley's (and I've seen it elsewhere) "argument" about "number of EOs" reminds me of the old Monty Python sketch where they talk about Shakespeare plays in terms of how many words. "Well there they all are, now let's get them in the right order". :cuckoo: Argumentum ad Ridiculum.
Abusing power? How so?

No, actually the law is. The law says an alien with a final deportation order must be removed within 90 days, there is no exception. quid pro joe delayed all deportations for a minimum of 100 days. That was a violation of the law and his oath. I guess it's time to impeach his ass.

He's already got his ass kicked in court. I guess you figure we are only a nation of laws that you like.

Nope, we are a nation of laws from all sides. The system seemed to work just fine. So what are you bitching about?

That’s not research, that’s opinion. Here is opposing opinion.

In 1976, when Richards entered her first professional tournament as a transgender athlete, 23 players withdrew. “It's damn unfair to a woman who has devoted her whole life to tennis to lose a spot in a draw to a man and to become involved in the ‘psychological effects’ of losing to someone with a transsexual background,” said a spokesman for the Women’s Tennis Association.

Women’s sports would soon be “taken over by a giant race of surgically created women,” declared an irate reader in The New York Times. (
Sound familiar?)

Forty-some years later, women’s tennis seems OK.[...]

In reality, 16 states already have trans-friendly policies governing sports, which differ in details but allow students to compete according to their gender identification in current school records and daily-life activities. So far, girls’ sports in those states seem OK.
All men need to stop getting married to women. It ain't worth it.

Abusing power? How so?

So, are the aliens being deported as the law demands, or is Biden overruling the law with his eo?
He tried to overrule the law with the EO. It was challenged in court and a judge decided to overrule the EO. That’s how the system works. Biden can now appeal it or let it go

I am pleasantly shocked that the system worked as it is supposed to.

I assume that the judge was a republican appointed judge?

Abusing power? How so?

So, are the aliens being deported as the law demands, or is Biden overruling the law with his eo?
He tried to overrule the law with the EO. It was challenged in court and a judge decided to overrule the EO. That’s how the system works. Biden can now appeal it or let it go

It shouldn’t matter who appoints the judge. The law is the law

Do you understand now?
My gawd.

But there is one.

(A)
(B)
(C)
(D)

(B)

(2)Stay of removal
(i)

/discussion

Stay of removal
(i)

The texas complaint outlines multiple laws that were violated. Please read it.
I read the complaint and it reads like somebody trying to throw everything including the kitchen sink in hopes something sticks. The bulk of his complaints are in regards to the agreement Trumps made with Texas. This agreement is not law it is an agreement between an outgoing admin and a state. If the new Admin wants to change the agreement then they can do that. The unconstitutional argument is weak... Saying that the EO violates POTUS's responsibility to faithfully execute the laws. I shouldn't need to counter that argument. The other major point had to do with the law that you referenced. But I showed you sections that literally gave the AG the discretion to enforce or delay deportations.

Abusing power? How so?

It shouldn't but it does.

There is a real distinction in judicial philosophy and has been for quite some time. Liberals more and more see the courts as a place to "make the world a better place" by deciding the law based on what they view as "right".

While conservative judges, hold to the old school view that their job is to apply the law the legislature handed down, within the bounds of the constitution.

Abusing power? How so?

It shouldn't but it does.

There is a real distinction in judicial philosophy and has been for quite some time. Liberals more and more see the courts as a place to "make the world a better place" by deciding the law based on what they view as "right".

While conservative judges, hold to the old school view that their job is to apply the law the legislature handed down, within the bounds of the constitution.
I think that’s a pretty loose and generalized statement. I think most judges rule according to the law and merits of the cases presented

Forum List

Back