Admirals, generals: Let gays serve openly

I'm sure women will be fine with all women units to start. However if you're going to say its ok now for men to be showering, sleeping, changing, etc. in extremely close quarters with other men who are now able to openly admit that they are gay and attracted to them...you're going to be hard-pressed to explain why thats ok...but women serving in combat isn't ok...

Oh my look who I see!!! How are ya young lady?

sorry for the disruption folks..Later.

I'm sure women will be fine with all women units to start. However if you're going to say its ok now for men to be showering, sleeping, changing, etc. in extremely close quarters with other men who are now able to openly admit that they are gay and attracted to them...you're going to be hard-pressed to explain why thats ok...but women serving in combat isn't ok...

You won't find many people advising we allow gays to openly serve. And I notice you ignored the fact we have historical data to prove it is a BAD idea.

I dunno, I guess I just don't see it. I wouldn't be uncomfortable sharing quarters with lesbians so it's hard for me to imagine men being uncomfortable sharing quarters with gays...unless they are unsure of their own masculinity.

And perhaps I've seen too many movies, where soldiers are normally portrayed as above all the petty bullshit when they are under fire and are actually loyal to each other.

There are plenty of gay men in the military at present, and they aren't posing major problems. What is posing major problems is our idiotic policy that keeps good people from being able to serve.

I worked in a police department, and shared a locker room with several gay women (and there were several gay men on the force as well). You are right, the only people who have issues are those with latent tendencies who are afraid of their own sexuality.

And, you deal with gay people who go over the line in the same way you deal with hetero people who sexually harass other people. Harassment is harassment.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back