Admin......Please Fix the "Has this topic been discussed" feature.

It could be the usual for this time of day, but it does seem that the number of posts are way down.

It could be the usual for this time of day, but it does seem that the number of posts are way down.
Too many Creepy Ones on the site now, people are probably choosing a more objective source in which to express themselves.

Just like a liberal, you would not know humor if it reached-up and bit you in the ass.
After that it looks like there's no harm in straying off topic. Can you tell me something about the 45-60 w.c.f./w.r.a cartridge as opposed to a cartridge that is slightly longer and has no stamp to i.d. it. I'm thinking it's a 45-70 military round and possibly black powder that's dating back some. Found both close together the other day while M.D.'ing. The longer one is about 3/16 to 1/4 longer than the 45-60. I haven't bother to measure yet.

The shills that get the talking points in e-mail blasts from their handlers every AM never care if a thread is duped.

They'll even go out of their way to camoflauge the same topic so maybe they can get the hits and the character count.

They even start multiple threads on the same exact thing over and over and over.

Like The Wanker.

That said, the "check if this is being discussed" thing is broken right now.

After that it looks like there's no harm in straying off topic. Can you tell me something about the 45-60 w.c.f./w.r.a cartridge as opposed to a cartridge that is slightly longer and has no stamp to i.d. it. I'm thinking it's a 45-70 military round and possibly black powder that's dating back some. Found both close together the other day while M.D.'ing. The longer one is about 3/16 to 1/4 longer than the 45-60. I haven't bother to measure yet.
^This
This is why we need to bring negging and STFU buttons back. :D

Too many Creepy Ones on the site now, people are probably choosing a more objective source in which to express themselves.
Could be but it's probably too early to say if even the site's owner is concerned,

I would expect that the owner of this site would be instructing the moderators to act accordingly to boost participation, That would necessitate the moderators being instructed on what can be done to keep the place alive.

All assuming the the advertising dollars brought in is dependent on participation?

The feature isn't coming back. Hardly anyone used it anyway and it was an inconvenience every other time. As per usual, if the rules are in place to police only the lowest of the low at the detriment of others, then it is not worth it.

The feature isn't coming back. Hardly anyone used it anyway and it was an inconvenience every other time. As per usual, if the rules are in place to police only the lowest of the low at the detriment of others, then it is not worth it.
Thanks for the answer.

It's rather interesting to hear you say, 'then it's not worth it'.

That seems to be saying that moderating isn't worth it anymore.

How is it any different from closing threads due to 'clean start' rules? Or moving threads ya'll don't like to the Rubber Room or Conspiracy forum???

Seems all the same to me......part of the job

How is it any different from closing threads due to 'clean start' rules? Or moving threads ya'll don't like to the Rubber Room or Conspiracy forum???

Seems all the same to me......part of the job

Those things don't punish innocent people who have done nothing wrong and haven't duplicated a thread with a popup every time. Nor does it put an extra load on the database for every single create thread query ever.

The small benefits don't outweigh the very real downsides. Thus, it was removed.

Thanks for the answer.

It's rather interesting to hear you say, 'then it's not worth it'.

That seems to be saying that moderating isn't worth it anymore.

These threads are still being removed and moderated. It's just not punishing innocent people or loading up the database. Search queries are the most difficult thing the server has to deal with. I'd prefer not to search the entire database for similar threads on every thread creation if it is going to have minimal benefits.

These threads are still being removed and moderated. It's just not punishing innocent people or loading up the database. Search queries are the most difficult thing the server has to deal with. I'd prefer not to search the entire database for similar threads on every thread creation if it is going to have minimal benefits.
Thanks for the info. I see how you're trying to make the best of the situation.

How would you determine who is the lowest of the low in a forum chock full of the lowest of the low, anyway?

The real point of moving threads to the Taunting Arena is so they can't seen by those who aren't registered and logged in. 'Violating rules' isn't the case with many of those down there.

Forum List

Back