Adam Toledo - 13yo Shot And Killed By Officer

I think this one is pretty obvious, that it was a clean shooting. The part that I don't understand is why the media picked this up and made a national story over it??? Most the coverage I've seen has a consensus that it was clean so why did they make it a top story? The result of doing so just stirs up protests and smears this cop who was doing his job honorably.

The part that I don't understand is why the media picked this up and made a national story over it???

doing so just stirs up protests and smears this cop who was doing his job honorably

Sometimes you answer your own question.

Adam toledo, a 13 yr old boy gets shot by police after fleeing from police and discarding a hand gun he had with him as he ran away. the boy was out there in the street at 3.00 am. chicago mayor lori lightfoot says we fail adam. NO MAYOR LIGHTFOOT, HIS PARENTS FAIL ADAM. parents are responsible for their children.
Attack the victim..standard right wing tactic. Who gives a damn what time it was..the kid dropped the gun and put his hands up like he was commanded to do and was still shot..that's the topic.
No thats not what happened. When he was told to stop he kept running, when he was told to drop the gun he kept running. He ran to a fence so he could throw and hide the gun but the cop could not see that. All he saw was the kid quickly turn around. The shooting was justified. The cop has the right and responsibility to protect himself. I don't see how you can argue against that.
The cop said drop the gun and turn around with your hands up, after chasing him down the ally..that's what the kid did and still got shot. No matter how you try to spin it, that's what happened.

It's the latest development in the heartbreaking story of Toledo's disappearance and death. It took authorities almost three days to notify Toledo's mother that her son had been fatally shot by the (as-yet-unnamed) police officer, despite her having filed a missing persons report for him on March 28. And only now has the body cam footage revealed the true circumstances of his death, specifically the fact he was not holding a gun when shot.
The whole LEO culture is one of death to minorities. This is our police state.
So what? The wannabe hood rat had a gun he just dropped it that's all. If you were a cop, and hesitated you could be room temperature instead of the little hood rat.

The cop said drop the gun and turn around with your hands up, after chasing him down the ally..that's what the kid did and still got shot. No matter how you try to spin it, that's what happened.
How many times do we have to say it? When you are stopped by law enforcement and have a gun, don't run!!! Hey that rhymes.....;)

I think this one is pretty obvious, that it was a clean shooting. The part that I don't understand is why the media picked this up and made a national story over it??? Most the coverage I've seen has a consensus that it was clean so why did they make it a top story? The result of doing so just stirs up protests and smears this cop who was doing his job honorably.

The part that I don't understand is why the media picked this up and made a national story over it???

doing so just stirs up protests and smears this cop who was doing his job honorably

Sometimes you answer your own question.
I think its a half truth. I believe there is intent to stir up protest, activism, and debate but I think the smearing of a good cop is overlooked and should be considered before elevating stories like this. I guess drama and ratings take precedent over the life of this cop though. Pathetic.

It's the latest development in the heartbreaking story of Toledo's disappearance and death. It took authorities almost three days to notify Toledo's mother that her son had been fatally shot by the (as-yet-unnamed) police officer, despite her having filed a missing persons report for him on March 28. And only now has the body cam footage revealed the true circumstances of his death, specifically the fact he was not holding a gun when shot.
The whole LEO culture is one of death to minorities. This is our police state.
So what? The wannabe hood rat had a gun he just dropped it that's all. If you were a cop, and hesitated you could be room temperature instead of the little hood rat.
If the cop had hesitated the kid would have picked the gun back up and shot him??

Worst case scenario for a LEO. He tells an kid to put his hands up after he is known to be carrying a firearm and on top of it his one hand is behind a fence. Hands come up fast, and kid is shot...

If the cop had hesitated the kid would have picked the gun back up and shot him??
It appears from video and accounts that the kid did not drop it right away. Why should a cop wait to be shot? You just hate law enforcement and are a racist pig.

Adam toledo, a 13 yr old boy gets shot by police after fleeing from police and discarding a hand gun he had with him as he ran away. the boy was out there in the street at 3.00 am. chicago mayor lori lightfoot says we fail adam. NO MAYOR LIGHTFOOT, HIS PARENTS FAIL ADAM. parents are responsible for their children.
Attack the victim..standard right wing tactic. Who gives a damn what time it was..the kid dropped the gun and put his hands up like he was commanded to do and was still shot..that's the topic.
No thats not what happened. When he was told to stop he kept running, when he was told to drop the gun he kept running. He ran to a fence so he could throw and hide the gun but the cop could not see that. All he saw was the kid quickly turn around. The shooting was justified. The cop has the right and responsibility to protect himself. I don't see how you can argue against that.
No the kid kept running after the cop said that. He ran to a fence so he could hide the gun. You are acting like the kid was obedient and following orders. He wasn't. He was running with a gun. The way he disposed of the gun and turned around was a risk and threat to the cop who responded out of self defense and when he realized the kid had tossed the gun he administered aid. He acted appropriately.

When you try and attack a good cop for doing his job you diminish your position on legit stances and beef up the narrative the the anti cop left is unhinged and dishonest. You should pick and choose your battles better. This one is not a battle that should be fought.

Worst case scenario for a LEO. He tells an kid to put his hands up after he is known to be carrying a firearm and on top of it his one hand is behind a fence. Hands come up fast, and kid is shot...
How does the cop know a gun is not in the perp's hand behind the fence? It takes but a split second for the perp to shoot. I just love all these armchair cops on this Forum.....

The only "we" that failed Adam is his parents, and the liberal restrictions placed on law enforcement to stop the crime in these super high crime areas.
Chicago is a perfectly safe place to live for over 90% of the population in over 90% of the city.
The vast majority of violent crimes in Chicago occur in tiny pockets of the city.
But cops are not allowed to target these areas... because it goes against the narrative. It goes against the virtue signalers that want to pretend the problem in Chicago is cops, not the criminals.
Like him, hate him. Mayor Giuliana in New York was highly successful in cleaning up crime there by targeting where the crimes occur.
Today - you can't do that. Instead you have liberals actually wanting less police enforcement.
Oh well, that certainly excuses shooting an unarmed 13 year old.

If you approved of the shooting of Ashli Babbitt (and you did), you can't say shit about this, hypocrite. You've been documented supporting police shooting unarmed people. You have zero credibility here.

No she was not as anyone who watched the video(s) can tell. She was the first of many.....and now, due to her own stupidity, she's dead. bummer.

How does the cop know a gun is not in the perp's hand behind the fence? It takes but a split second for the perp to shoot. I just love all these armchair cops on this Forum.....

Agreed. No amount of training can prepare ANYONE for such a scenario.

You're right, nothing good can come from a 13 year old having a gun in an alley at that time of the morning. His parents should be charged with child endangerment resulting in death. But you know that will never happen.

You want to charge his parents huh? Without knowing anything about the situation?? So if they say they thought he was sleeping over at a friends house your reply would be...

The same, they should have verified his whereabouts. They have tracking apps on phones so parents know where their kids are. Do you seriously think this was the first time that kid was out like that?

The only "we" that failed Adam is his parents, and the liberal restrictions placed on law enforcement to stop the crime in these super high crime areas.
Chicago is a perfectly safe place to live for over 90% of the population in over 90% of the city.
The vast majority of violent crimes in Chicago occur in tiny pockets of the city.
But cops are not allowed to target these areas... because it goes against the narrative. It goes against the virtue signalers that want to pretend the problem in Chicago is cops, not the criminals.
Like him, hate him. Mayor Giuliana in New York was highly successful in cleaning up crime there by targeting where the crimes occur.
Today - you can't do that. Instead you have liberals actually wanting less police enforcement.
Oh well, that certainly excuses shooting an unarmed 13 year old.

If you approved of the shooting of Ashli Babbitt (and you did), you can't say shit about this, hypocrite. You've been documented supporting police shooting unarmed people. You have zero credibility here.

No she was not as anyone who watched the video(s) can tell. She was the first of many.....and now, due to her own stupidity, she's dead. bummer.
I most certainly CAN say something about it. Was this child at the head of a violent mob breaking into a barracaded room where the police were responsible for protecting some people there? Yes or no?

The only victim was the officer.

You're right, nothing good can come from a 13 year old having a gun in an alley at that time of the morning. His parents should be charged with child endangerment resulting in death. But you know that will never happen.

You want to charge his parents huh? Without knowing anything about the situation?? So if they say they thought he was sleeping over at a friends house your reply would be...

The same, they should have verified his whereabouts. They have tracking apps on phones so parents know where their kids are. Do you seriously think this was the first time that kid was out like that?

I didn't say this was the first time the kid was out, don't put words in my mouth. I'm saying you have no clue what the parents situation was so maybe take a breath and learn that before you call for them to be arrested.

Last time I checked we don't arrest parents for neglect if they don't have their kids on a smart phone tracking system.

Forum List

Back