Adam Kinzinger's family disowns him - Calls him "possessed by the Devil!"

Can Adam's soul be saved? :laugh:

Rep. Adam Kinzinger on Sunday offered a glimpse of what it’s like being one of the 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach former President Donald Trump: Friends and family turned against him, and he was told he’s “possessed by the devil.”​
“Look it’s really difficult. I mean, all of a sudden imagine everybody that supported you, or so it seems that way, your friends, your family, has turned against you. They think you're selling out,” the Illinois congressman said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”​
“I was disappointed over the last few weeks to see what seemed like the Republican Party waking up and then kind of falling asleep again and saying, ‘Well, you know, what matters if we can win in two years and we don't want to tick off the base,’” Kinzinger said.​

More like WE get a glimpse of the abject stupidity of a 2nd faux impeachment, this time with no President to actually impeach. Adam needs to go soak his head.

Rep. Adam Kinzinger on Sunday offered a glimpse of what it’s like being one of the 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach former President Donald Trump: Friends and family turned against him, and he was told he’s “possessed by the devil.”​
“Look it’s really difficult. I mean, all of a sudden imagine everybody that supported you, or so it seems that way, your friends, your family, has turned against you. They think you're selling out,” the Illinois congressman said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”​
“I was disappointed over the last few weeks to see what seemed like the Republican Party waking up and then kind of falling asleep again and saying, ‘Well, you know, what matters if we can win in two years and we don't want to tick off the base,’” Kinzinger said.​

I like this dude. Wish there were more Conservatives with guts and values like Kinz.
Their lack of guts and values was bad enough, but now they'd literally be risking their lives if they go against Trump.

How did that happen?
Half my family are Trumpers and the one thing they all have in common when I talk politics with them is an inability to dive into details. I’ve found the same is true for many on this message board as well. They all tune out the news and only repeat talking points. When I try and dig in they check out and claim fake news. It’s pretty Sad and unfortunately an intended effect of what Trump has done over the past 4 years. I hate to give such a destructive person credit but he played his base like a master. I’m sorry but those who buy into his crap are fools
I've noticed that over and over. If you ask a trumpette about details, they switch to name-calling immediately. The entire "conservative" movement does this. If you ask about a policy they espouse, and how they would avoid a detrimental effect that it likely would have on other people, it's instant name-calling, and if they are speaking in a live setting, they drop the mic, and run straight to the back door and drive into their cars.

This poor guy is "possessed by the devil"? How did this poor guy's relatives get here from the 15th Century? Those alchemists must have been better than we thought.
Pot meet kettle, bitch.

Thanks for illustrating my point so well, and promptly, too!

I like this dude. Wish there were more Conservatives with guts and values like Kinz.
There wont be more of them because, they wont have their jobs much longer. They committed political suicide. I wouldnt expect anyone else to follow them.

Read Profiles in Courage.. Maybe you'll figure it out.

It is truly disturbing that there are so few Republicans in Congress who have the courage and integrity to acknowledge the truth.

Sadly, the great majority of Republicans in Congress are cowards, they’re partisan hacks who blindly support any Republican president for no other reason than he’s a Republican, and no matter how wrong, reprehensible, and unfit for office that president in fact is – Trump being the most recent example.

But he is not conservative...he should be a democrat....he is more loyal to the dems base than the republican base....and if he thinks the election was not stolen he is stupid too....
As if you even remember what conservatism is. There is nothing "conservative" about your cult.

Their lack of guts and values was bad enough, but now they'd literally be risking their lives if they go against Trump.

How did that happen?
Half my family are Trumpers and the one thing they all have in common when I talk politics with them is an inability to dive into details. I’ve found the same is true for many on this message board as well. They all tune out the news and only repeat talking points. When I try and dig in they check out and claim fake news. It’s pretty Sad and unfortunately an intended effect of what Trump has done over the past 4 years. I hate to give such a destructive person credit but he played his base like a master. I’m sorry but those who buy into his crap are fools
I've noticed that over and over. If you ask a trumpette about details, they switch to name-calling immediately. The entire "conservative" movement does this. If you ask about a policy they espouse, and how they would avoid a detrimental effect that it likely would have on other people, it's instant name-calling, and if they are speaking in a live setting, they drop the mic, and run straight to the back door and dive into their cars.

This poor guy is "possessed by the devil"? How did this poor guy's relatives get here from the 15th Century? Those alchemists must have been better than we thought.
Conservatives resort to personal attacks because facts and the truth aren’t on their side.

Because failed, wrongheaded conservative political dogma is completely devoid of merit, all conservatives have are sophistry, lies, and personal attacks.

How did that happen?
I've noticed that over and over. If you ask a trumpette about details, they switch to name-calling immediately. The entire "conservative" movement does this. If you ask about a policy they espouse, and how they would avoid a detrimental effect that it likely would have on other people, it's instant name-calling, and if they are speaking in a live setting, they drop the mic, and run straight to the back door and dive into their cars.

Conservatives resort to personal attacks because facts and the truth aren’t on their side.

Because failed, wrongheaded conservative political dogma is completely devoid of merit, all conservatives have are sophistry, lies, and personal attacks.

There isn't on stitch of Conservative in their bones. All the Republican Presidents and hopefuls fought hard to keep these people out of the Republican Party from Eisenhower to Reagan. What you are seeing is when the John Birch Society gets to be in charge. They are such wonderful people, aren't they.

More like WE get a glimpse of the abject stupidity of a 2nd faux impeachment, this time with no President to actually impeach. Adam needs to go soak his head.

A president isn't above the law and we can't set a precedent in allowing Trump's behavior.

How did that happen?
I've noticed that over and over. If you ask a trumpette about details, they switch to name-calling immediately. The entire "conservative" movement does this. If you ask about a policy they espouse, and how they would avoid a detrimental effect that it likely would have on other people, it's instant name-calling, and if they are speaking in a live setting, they drop the mic, and run straight to the back door and drive into their cars.

Pot meet kettle, bitch.
Such is the hateful, misogynist right.

How did that happen?

Really? That's your USMB experience?

A president isn't above the law and we can't set a precedent in allowing Trump's behavior.

FYI. Biden is owned by the ChiComs

If being disowned is the only thing that happens to the guy, how much does he have to complain about exactly? Would he rather someone kill him instead?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Go Adam. I'm proud that you stand for what's right. You're on the right side of history. Trump will be in Riker's Island in a few weeks. His followers are mindless.

How did that happen?

There isn't on stitch of Conservative in their bones. All the Republican Presidents and hopefuls fought hard to keep these people out of the Republican Party from Eisenhower to Reagan. What you are seeing is when the John Birch Society gets to be in charge. They are such wonderful people, aren't they.
Disagree.

This is what conservativism has been for at least the last 50 years, if not longer.

Trump is merely a symptom of the disease that has infested conservatism for all that time; Trump is not some aberration or recent, temporary deviation from the conservative ‘norm.’

Trump is in fact a conservative, he is the perfect representative of conservatism, as are his cult members and the great majority of Republicans, conservatives, and others on the right.

The conservativism of Eisenhower and Goldwater are long dead and buried, never to return again.

Their conservativism has been forever replaced by the conservativism that is the Southern Strategy, the social right, the fundamentalist Christian right, reactionaries, racists, bigots, and misogynists.

Trump understood that to be successful he had to embrace the malignancy that conservative truly is and appease its adherents.

Are you really surprised at this. The entire republican party has become a freaking joke. Its like talking to ant with good percentage of them.

How did that happen?

Disagree.

This is what conservativism has been for at least the last 50 years, if not longer.

Trump is merely a symptom of the disease that has infested conservatism for all that time; Trump is not some aberration or recent, temporary deviation from the conservative ‘norm.’

Trump is in fact a conservative, he is the perfect representative of conservatism, as are his cult members and the great majority of Republicans, conservatives, and others on the right.

The conservativism of Eisenhower and Goldwater are long dead and buried, never to return again.

Their conservativism has been forever replaced by the conservativism that is the Southern Strategy, the social right, the fundamentalist Christian right, reactionaries, racists, bigots, and misogynists.

Trump understood that to be successful he had to embrace the malignancy that conservative truly is and appease its adherents.

Rump was born and raised in a John Birch Society. Fred Rump was one of the found members in 1957. I didn't mind when they were just putting up signs "Get Us Out Of The UN". I thought it was amusing. Now I find out what Eisenhower and Goldwater tried to prevent.

Sorry, but the Democrats have willingly let it all happen because they are so much the same and they know it. Nothing to crow about. Sanders was your chance to separate yourselves and shine but you blew it, bigly. Now it's back to doing nothing but partisan name calling. Indeed "Go Adam." Being correct beats being right or left.

Aaron Schock's family disowned him when he came out as gay after resigning from Congress. It's unfortunate people would treat family this way.

My mother is a die hard Trumpeteer and she's convinced that not only did Biden steal the election, but pretty much every election a Democrat wins is stolen. She even thinks Ted Wheeler got reelected as Mayor of Portland because the election was stolen from the Republicans. I don't think there was even a Republican in that race. LOL. Over time, this stuff obviously gets irritating and I've gotten a bit short with her once or twice in these conversations, but I would never stop talking to her or any member of my family over political disagreements.

I can't understand people who disown family over this sort of thingl

How did that happen?
"Risking their lives"? Settle down, dork. :laugh:

When the House took up impeachment proceedings, Republican members of the U.S. House of Representatives reportedly felt afraid to vote to impeach Trump – even fearing for their lives. A video also captured a group accosting Republican Lindsey Graham, a U.S. senator from South Carolina, screaming that he was a “traitor” after he declared that Joe Biden had been lawfully elected president.

These threats do not simply reflect increased levels of anger and depravity among individual Americans. Rather, they appear to be evidence of a more systemic use of fear and intimidation in U.S. politics, seeking to force fealty from Republicans and reinforce the authoritarian turn that defined Donald Trump’s leadership.
Death threats? Everyone gets death threats. Im talking about violence. These politicians have nothing to fear from right wingers. Its left wingers that get violent and murder politicians.

Oh?

I think you are seriously biased in that judgement. Political violence is a bipartisan sport, and currently, the right is upping the ante.
Right wingers arent forming violent political mobs across the country and attacking left wing rallies. Nor are they ransacking cities.

No they're ransacking the Capital, hunting down the (then) Vice President and Congress Critters and killing policemen.

That's when they're not engaged in infiltrating leftwing protests and provoking violence.
You seem to have misspelled Antifa and BLM as right wingers. Again. Infiltrating left wing protests? Sorry, the violence is on you and yours liar. Killing policemen? Go fuck yourself.
You seem to be delusional. Keep your sexual projections to yourself please, I'm not interested.

It doesn't take many braincells to research and find that in some of those riots rightwing groups were involved in provoking violence. Of course, one has to be compos mentis in order to comprehend that.
Your left wing riots were 100% caused by violent left wingers. Dont pass the blame for their bad behavior. It makes you look weak and stupid.

The police and FBI disagree with you.
What do they have to say about it? Lets see an exact quote.

I provided sources within my statement. That's as far as I'm going to go.
Nowhere in your links does anyone say a cop was murdered with a fire extinguisher.

Huh? That wasn't our conversation.
Oh, hah, youre right.

I see nothing in your links that proves right wingers were causing violence at your left wing riots all year.

No one is saying they caused violence in all the riots the entire year, but there is evidence they were involved in a number of them.
Lets see that evidence.

How did that happen?

Disagree.

If it's not along the lines of the 1956 Republican Plank then it's not conservative. Reagan was the last conservative and even with him it was questionable. Nixon was a Conservative. When you say 50 years, that would mean from about 1971 and up. There were a ton of real Conservatives still in office until the early 80s. That's when Bush Sr. allowed the John Birch Society into the Republican Party. That was something even Reagan was against. But at that time Bush Sr. was the head of the Party, not Reagan. And the changes started to happen slowly and not for the good.

Forum List

Back