Adam Kinzinger's family disowns him - Calls him "possessed by the Devil!"

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Can Adam's soul be saved? :laugh:

Rep. Adam Kinzinger on Sunday offered a glimpse of what it’s like being one of the 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach former President Donald Trump: Friends and family turned against him, and he was told he’s “possessed by the devil.”​
“Look it’s really difficult. I mean, all of a sudden imagine everybody that supported you, or so it seems that way, your friends, your family, has turned against you. They think you're selling out,” the Illinois congressman said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”​
“I was disappointed over the last few weeks to see what seemed like the Republican Party waking up and then kind of falling asleep again and saying, ‘Well, you know, what matters if we can win in two years and we don't want to tick off the base,’” Kinzinger said.​

Rep. Adam Kinzinger on Sunday offered a glimpse of what it’s like being one of the 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach former President Donald Trump: Friends and family turned against him, and he was told he’s “possessed by the devil.”​
“Look it’s really difficult. I mean, all of a sudden imagine everybody that supported you, or so it seems that way, your friends, your family, has turned against you. They think you're selling out,” the Illinois congressman said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”​
“I was disappointed over the last few weeks to see what seemed like the Republican Party waking up and then kind of falling asleep again and saying, ‘Well, you know, what matters if we can win in two years and we don't want to tick off the base,’” Kinzinger said.​

I like this dude. Wish there were more Conservatives with guts and values like Kinz.

I like this dude. Wish there were more Conservatives with guts and values like Kinz.
Their lack of guts and values was bad enough, but now they'd literally be risking their lives if they go against Trump.

How did that happen?

There wont be more of them because, they wont have their jobs much longer. They committed political suicide. I wouldnt expect anyone else to follow them.

Their lack of guts and values was bad enough, but now they'd literally be risking their lives if they go against Trump.

How did that happen?
"Risking their lives"? Settle down, dork. :laugh:

How did that happen?
It happened through the unfiltered provocation of lies and hyperbolic spin. That’s became accepted as part of the game and the media companies and elected leaders ran with it. Our leaders are no longer managers and law makers, they are marketers promoting their party and trying to demonize the other party. Now they are doing it with lies and the people are believing it. Sad state we are in

I like him too. The sad thing is how few of the honest to God "conservatives" have had the balls to stand up and do what's right. They're petrified of a man who can't tweet or appoint judges anymore. Why?

The Cult of Trump is incredibly WEIRD.

There wont be more of them because, they wont have their jobs much longer. They committed political suicide. I wouldnt expect anyone else to follow them.
I sure hope youre wrong and I hope Kinz has a bright political future. The fact that Biden was elected over Trump gives me hope.

They signed their political death warrant

How did that happen?
"Risking their lives"? Settle down, spaz. :laugh:
You are ignorant, Q.

1612119970761.jpeg

1612120011353.jpeg

How did that happen?
It takes no guts to be a Prog. For they have near complete power. But a funny thing. When someone starts shooting at them, they get the hell out of Dodge like they are doing a 100 year dash.

How did that happen?
Half my family are Trumpers and the one thing they all have in common when I talk politics with them is an inability to dive into details. I’ve found the same is true for many on this message board as well. They all tune out the news and only repeat talking points. When I try and dig in they check out and claim fake news. It’s pretty Sad and unfortunately an intended effect of what Trump has done over the past 4 years. I hate to give such a destructive person credit but he played his base like a master. I’m sorry but those who buy into his crap are fools

You have Graham, Kemp and Thune - for now. Enjoy them while you can

But he is not conservative...he should be a democrat....he is more loyal to the dems base than the republican base....and if he thinks the election was not stolen he is stupid too....

The Bully's Mob rules..... how wonderful!

How did that happen?

"How did that happen" is the best question I've seen asked all week. I have no F-ing idea other than Trumpy Bear saw an opportunity to become the most dangerous and powerful man in the world and he seized it. BIGLY.

As a Masterful Carnival Barker (Degree from Trump U) he prayed on the bigotry and hate that already existed in the party and rode that tiger to near perfection. IOW, he very nearly succeeded and turned us into an Autocracy utilizing Putin strong-arm tactics.

Our institutions held - But just BARELY. The next populist autocrat may be smarter and finish the job Donald started. It will be up to our kids and grandkids to know better, resist, and VOTE. Democracy is a fragile thing.

How did that happen?
"Risking their lives"? Settle down, dork. :laugh:

When the House took up impeachment proceedings, Republican members of the U.S. House of Representatives reportedly felt afraid to vote to impeach Trump – even fearing for their lives. A video also captured a group accosting Republican Lindsey Graham, a U.S. senator from South Carolina, screaming that he was a “traitor” after he declared that Joe Biden had been lawfully elected president.

These threats do not simply reflect increased levels of anger and depravity among individual Americans. Rather, they appear to be evidence of a more systemic use of fear and intimidation in U.S. politics, seeking to force fealty from Republicans and reinforce the authoritarian turn that defined Donald Trump’s leadership.

You have Graham, Kemp and Thune - for now. Enjoy them while you can
Graham doesn’t have guts he is a coward that shifts to where he thinks is the safest space. Kemp is a moron but at least has enough values to not lie about an election. Thune is alright

How did that happen?
Half my family are Trumpers and the one thing they all have in common when I talk politics with them is an inability to dive into details. I’ve found the same is true for many on this message board as well. They all tune out the news and only repeat talking points. When I try and dig in they check out and claim fake news. It’s pretty Sad and unfortunately an intended effect of what Trump has done over the past 4 years. I hate to give such a destructive person credit but he played his base like a master. I’m sorry but those who buy into his crap are fools
It was old fashioned target marketing. He zeroed in on a large, gullible, easily identifiable, easily reachable group of people and spoke exclusively to them, in their language, for four years. He never changed that, and now they'd do anything for him.

Did you ever think his Fifth Avenue rule would not only be literal, but an understatement?

Forum List

Back