Actor forbids ‘bigots and homophobes’ from watching his work following Supreme Court ruling

It hasn't taken long for the tit-fo-tat to open up over the SCOTUS decision on Colorado's public accommodations law. With the court now deciding that a product involving creative expression can be withheld if the creator doesn't like the buyer's lifestyle choices, why should an actor not also have a right to deny people access to their work as well?

There are a growing contingent of "Americans" who seem to think that the only way for a society to be free is to descend into endless tit-for-tat pokes in the eye every time someone doesn't like something about someone else. In the end, it can only lead to the disintegration of American society into little more than a tribal confederation, and that's only if it manages to avoid devolving entirely into petty city-states.

You cannot claim to believe in America as the greatest nation-state in the world, and that America should seek to remain the greatest, strongest, most powerful nation-state on God's green earth, while at the same time longing for it to devolve into a weak collection of loosely associated chiefdoms. China is rising and we are sinking. If you want to drive us down further then you aren't a patriot.

I’ve decided to forbid bigots and homophobes from watching The Sopranos, The White Lotus, Goodfellas oussr any movie or tv show I’ve been in,” Imperioli said in the caption of a post on his Instagram page Saturday, adding “Thank you Supreme Court for allowing me to discriminate and exclude those who I don’t agree with and am opposed to. USA! USA!”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/02/entertainment/michael-imperioli-supreme-court/index.html
If we give up on trying to use to government to force shit on each other, maybe we'll realize how stupid all this crap is and move on.

It hasn't taken long for the tit-fo-tat to open up over the SCOTUS decision on Colorado's public accommodations law. With the court now deciding that a product involving creative expression can be withheld if the creator doesn't like the buyer's lifestyle choices, why should an actor not also have a right to deny people access to their work as well?

There are a growing contingent of "Americans" who seem to think that the only way for a society to be free is to descend into endless tit-for-tat pokes in the eye every time someone doesn't like something about someone else. In the end, it can only lead to the disintegration of American society into little more than a tribal confederation, and that's only if it manages to avoid devolving entirely into petty city-states.

You cannot claim to believe in America as the greatest nation-state in the world, and that America should seek to remain the greatest, strongest, most powerful nation-state on God's green earth, while at the same time longing for it to devolve into a weak collection of loosely associated chiefdoms. China is rising and we are sinking. If you want to drive us down further then you aren't a patriot.

I’ve decided to forbid bigots and homophobes from watching The Sopranos, The White Lotus, Goodfellas or any movie or tv show I’ve been in,” Imperioli said in the caption of a post on his Instagram page Saturday, adding “Thank you Supreme Court for allowing me to discriminate and exclude those who I don’t agree with and am opposed to. USA! USA!”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/02/entertainment/michael-imperioli-supreme-court/index.html

Works for me. The artist has a right to his work. He was able to do that before the SCOTUS decision. Nothing has changed there.
It's a rare artist that owns his masters.

And even if he did, it wouldn't matter.

If your stuff's on YouTube you can't stop anyone from using it

I’ve decided to forbid bigots and homophobes from watching The Sopranos, The White Lotus, Goodfellas or any movie or tv show I’ve been in,” Imperioli said in the caption of a post on his Instagram page Saturday, adding “Thank you Supreme Court for allowing me to discriminate and exclude those who I don’t agree with and am opposed to. USA! USA!”

How many people are streaming The Godfather tonight? 6? 10? If it’s available at all?

It’s like that musician that wanted off of Spotify. Who the hell cares.

Sorry, I believe accuracy is still important.

Forum List

Back