Active Shooter at ABQ Hospital

Apparently there was someone shot at a funeral home near the hospital. Our local news is kind of vague ( mostly because they are worthless) at any rate the victim was taken to the hospital. They locked it down and sent out run/ hide /fight alerts because there were reports of a person driving around shooting at random people. Scary because this is Downtown/ University area right next to the protest sight where lots of people are.

Hope they nail him very soon. these riots and left wing lunacy is going to draw all kinds of lunatics out their holes in the coming months..
Target practice??....j/k I think. Lol

Nice lie.........

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Gunfire erupted at the Strong-Thorne Mortuary during a funeral Friday morning, resulting in a non-life threatening injury, according to Gilbert Gallegos, a spokesman for the Albuquerque Police Department.

He said the victim was transported to Presbyterian Hospital and officers are with the victim. He said the hospital is on lockdown, but it is not an active shooter situation.

“We are looking for a possible offender at this point for a shooting,” Gallegos said.
How did I lie?
The hospital sent out active shooter alerts that said RUN/HIDE/FIGHT. Clearly their security felt threatened.
The shooting took place at Strong-Thorne Mortuary

What is ABQ and ALB ?? ... :dunno:
ABQ is the most common abbreviation for Albuquerque, it's nickname is Duke City. It was named for the Spanish Duke of Albuquerque in 1706. Prior to that the area was called Bosque Grande de San Francisco Xavier, there was a dusty trading post just north of what is now Albuquerque. It didn't start to become populated until the 49 California gold rush and really started to grow after the Civil War.
Sorry both are abbreviations for Albuquerque. Didn’t realize I did that.

Just go with "The 505." Those that matter will get it... lol
Or Duke City......... :thup:

Or, as my wife calls it... The Brown Town... and that has nothing to do with the people and everything to do with the paint scheme and the surrounding desert.
I didn’t realize how brown it was until I moved back from living in San Clemente CA for 3 years.
You moved from San C to New Mexico? WTF!!!!

Nice lie.........

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Gunfire erupted at the Strong-Thorne Mortuary during a funeral Friday morning, resulting in a non-life threatening injury, according to Gilbert Gallegos, a spokesman for the Albuquerque Police Department.

He said the victim was transported to Presbyterian Hospital and officers are with the victim. He said the hospital is on lockdown, but it is not an active shooter situation.

“We are looking for a possible offender at this point for a shooting,” Gallegos said.
How did I lie?
The hospital sent out active shooter alerts that said RUN/HIDE/FIGHT. Clearly their security felt threatened.
The shooting took place at Strong-Thorne Mortuary
And? I reported that in this thread long before you did.

ABQ is the most common abbreviation for Albuquerque, it's nickname is Duke City. It was named for the Spanish Duke of Albuquerque in 1706. Prior to that the area was called Bosque Grande de San Francisco Xavier, there was a dusty trading post just north of what is now Albuquerque. It didn't start to become populated until the 49 California gold rush and really started to grow after the Civil War.

Or, as my wife calls it... The Brown Town... and that has nothing to do with the people and everything to do with the paint scheme and the surrounding desert.
I didn’t realize how brown it was until I moved back from living in San Clemente CA for 3 years.

That's nothing... After living in Ventura County, California for more than thirty years, I moved to Albuquerque, where I stayed for three years. Now I'm in South Carolina... I miss Albuquerque more than California.

Beautiful city. I was right by the beach too. Cost too much to live there though.

You think this is bad? Move down to El Paso or Las Cruces........ Right now quite a bit is green until you head west into the high desert, south east where the high plains mix with the upper northeast Chihuahuan Desert it's pretty green still until you get down around Carlsbad.

Lived in both El Paso and Las Cruces. NM has the best sunsets I've ever seen anywhere, even LA, which has all that massive air pollution that creates a lot of the 'stunning colors'. If I had to live there again I would live somewhere near Gallup if I had a choice.

You think this is bad? Move down to El Paso or Las Cruces........ Right now quite a bit is green until you head west into the high desert, south east where the high plains mix with the upper northeast Chihuahuan Desert it's pretty green still until you get down around Carlsbad.

Lived in both El Paso and Las Cruces. NM has the best sunsets I've ever seen anywhere, even LA, which has all that massive air pollution that creates a lot of the 'stunning colors'. If I had to live there again I would live somewhere near Gallup if I had a choice.
Been to Gallop numerous times, wouldn't want to live there though. Roswell was nice but too small for us, we're big city suburbanites though now we actually live in Albuquerque City which we love. Was kinda funny, we moved from Northern Virginia to Colorado Springs then Trinidad CO where you'll find the Children of the Corn......... From there moved to El Paso, first impression was "how stark", how "moon like" but soon we fell in love with the desert and we haven't looked back.

I went to Phoenix once looking for Janet Leigh but they said she'd already left town ...

unnamed.png

Taos is nicer.

Taos is nicer.

Too crowded now, too many trust fund hippies littering the countryside. Great place 40 years ago, though. I can see why some like it, it's just not for me.

Taos is nicer.

Too crowded now, too many trust fund hippies littering the countryside. Great place 40 years ago, though. I can see why some like it, it's just not for me.
Yup, love to visit Taos but wouldn't live there. Our first choice was Santa Fe but it's expensive.

Yup, love to visit Taos but wouldn't live there. Our first choice was Santa Fe but it's expensive.

Santa Fe has the same problem Taos does, a lot of rich kids who spent 15 years getting that BFA and now selling each other 'authentic Navaho silver jewelry and crafts' and paintings to each other from their 'studios'. Where else can you sell $15 worth of silver for $6,000?

Forum List

Back