Zone1 Abortion viewed through the lens of life expectancy.

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2014
I am almost 60 years old. If someone were to kill me today, I would have already lived most of my expectant life. At most I might live another 40 or so years. Actually, I will be fortunate to live to be 80 which would be just a little over 20 years. I have already lived longer than my older brother who died unexpectantly at 56 years old.

If an 18 year old high school graduate is killed, he has been robbed of his adult life, but at least he got to live his childhood.

You can see where I'm going with this. The taking of a life through abortion takes everything form that individual.

What is the greater crime, taking the life of someone old who has already lived most of his life, or taking the life of someone young who has his whole life in front of him?

Not any sort of crime. Be glad you weren't aborted. Don't have one. Mind your own beeswax.

Those who want to do evil always want good people to “Mind your own beeswax.”

“What I particularly admire in him [Pablo Casals] is the firm stand he has taken, not only against the oppressors of his countrymen, but also against those opportunists who are always ready to compromise with the Devil. He perceives very clearly that the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it. — Albert Einstein​

I am almost 60 years old. If someone were to kill me today, I would have already lived most of my expectant life. At most I might live another 40 or so years. Actually, I will be fortunate to live to be 80 which would be just a little over 20 years. I have already lived longer than my older brother who died unexpectantly at 56 years old.

If an 18 year old high school graduate is killed, he has been robbed of his adult life, but at least he got to live his childhood.

You can see where I'm going with this. The taking of a life through abortion takes everything form that individual.

What is the greater crime, taking the life of someone old who has already lived most of his life, or taking the life of someone young who has his whole life in front of him?W
When studying human history, it appears evident that genocide is merely the human condition.

Never apologize for standing for life, but don't expect the genocidal maniacs from ever changing or agreeing with you. Unfortunately, they usually subvert the state to do their bidding.

The state has murdered more people than any organized body in human history, not even close.

When studying human history, it appears evident that genocide is merely the human condition.

Never apologize for standing for life, but don't expect the genocidal maniacs from ever changing or agreeing with you. Unfortunately, they usually subvert the state to do their bidding.

The state has murdered more people than any organized body in human history, not even close.
God has killed more.

What is the greater crime, taking the life of someone old who has already lived most of his life, or taking the life of someone young who has his whole life in front of him?
This is a question of civil damages rather than criminal culpability.

This is a question of civil damages rather than criminal culpability.
Damages are often an element of criminal culpability. For example, the difference between petty theft and grand larceny is the value of what is stolen.

That said, perhaps I should have used the phrasing "greater wrong" or "greater evil" rather than "greater crime" because I did not intend this thread to be a discussion of something being a crime because of the existence of or nonexistence of a law against it.

A person is a person and every person is of equal value regardless of their age, infirmity, wealth, religion, race, etc.

Those who want to do evil always want good people to “Mind your own beeswax.”

“What I particularly admire in him [Pablo Casals] is the firm stand he has taken, not only against the oppressors of his countrymen, but also against those opportunists who are always ready to compromise with the Devil. He perceives very clearly that the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it. — Albert Einstein​
Sure, sure, because gun nuts would never claim anything about "cold, dead hands" or anything. And when things got tough in Germany.. When they got really perilous and shit.. Einstein got going.. He ran away. Ran away. He did. Ran away.. Came over here and helped develop the bombs we, none other, used to reign great, disproportionate evil upon Japan. Oh and he could be mighty cocky. But, unlike all the women hating ghouls around here, at least he wrote about being haunted by many, many regrets later on in life.

Quotation-Epictetus-Keep-your-attention-focused-entirely-on-what-is-truly-your-74-11-42.jpg

Epictetus

The trouble is though, there are people who don't want to accept the consequences of heterosexual sex and be inconvenienced by another human life. That's why they're hell bent on discarding human life to the bucket. If only the human race was an intelligent species that could to put their "my body, my choice" BEFORE conceiving.

Last edited:
The trouble is though, there are people who don't want to accept the consequences of heterosexual sex and be inconvenienced by another human life. That's why they're hell bent on discarding human life to the bucket.

And if they simply gave birth, after 9 months, they can give the baby up for adoption...giving that child a chance at life....

The program Long Lost Family shows how great an act this can be....and not all of the stories start out happily......there are women who were raped as an act of incest, and one woman in particular who was kidnapped as a girl, dragged from state to state and raped constantly by her attacker....she gave the baby up for adoption and decades later, on this show, finally met that child......

A person is a person and every person is of equal value regardless of their age, infirmity, wealth, religion, race, etc.
Thats a fine belief; however, I would consider the murder of a child that has a long life ahead of him much more tragic than the murder of a 100 year old in Hospice care. Both are horrific, but IMO one can be more horrific than the other.

Sure, sure, because gun nuts would never claim anything about "cold, dead hands" or anything. And when things got tough in Germany.. When they got really perilous and shit.. Einstein got going.. He ran away. Ran away. He did. Ran away.. Came over here and helped develop the bombs we, none other, used to reign great, disproportionate evil upon Japan. Oh and he could be mighty cocky. But, unlike all the women hating ghouls around here, at least he wrote about being haunted by many, many regrets later on in life.

Quotation-Epictetus-Keep-your-attention-focused-entirely-on-what-is-truly-your-74-11-42.jpg

Epictetus
So which is it. This? Or "it takes a village."

You don't dictate anothers morality.

Thats a fine belief; however, I would consider the murder of a child that has a long life ahead of him much more tragic than the murder of a 100 year old in Hospice care. Both are horrific, but IMO one can be more horrific than the other.
Both are horrific. That child has no idea how precious life is but the old man certainly does.

Fine belief, but IYO does every abortion (including miscarriage) equate to "murder of a child that has a long life ahead of him"? Does a pregnant woman's life really bear no mention?

Forum List

Back