Zone1 Abortion viewed through the lens of life expectancy.

:lol:
An egg has its own meaning. A chicken has its own meaning.
A chicken egg is like a human embryo. They are in the stages of becoming a chicken and a human being.
The embryonic chicken is a chicken, it is not a hatched chick, nor an adult chicken.

It is younger. That's all. It's still alive and it's still a member of Gallus gallus domesticus. AKA, "a chicken."

No shit. Too bad you cling to your feelz
Alright, I'm going to dismiss this as bad faith trolling now.

My expertise in biology is not disputable, you're just asserting layman truisms that were never useful and I have always been familiar with, have been noted, have been refuted, and stand refuted.

"An egg is not a chicken" does not ultimately mean what you think it meant, because you fail to understand that all "a chicken" means is a member of that species.

This is all semantics ultimately; you are merely saying that a young organism is not an old organism, and while true, it's a truism, it's useless, it's obvious, it's not in dispute. But you also stupidly take it to mean that a young organism is not an organism, not a member of the species it belongs to, and that is batshit insane.

If you don't know why that's batshit insane, no one can help you.

If you do know, and you're just trolling, fuck off already.

I didnt say that at all.
"expertise in biology" but you call an egg a chicken?
"honey are you making scrambled chicken for breakfast?" :lol:
GTFO
An egg is a hard shelled reproductive body laid by birds. Its not a freakin chicken!
You people are hilarious!
Actually, what women produce once a month for a long while are called eggs too.. Not humans, babies, children, people, etc.

An egg has its own meaning. A chicken has its own meaning.
A chicken egg is like a human embryo. They are in the stages of becoming a chicken and a human being.
A human is a sage in the life cycle of the human life cycle. Thus a human embryo is a human being. Likewise, a chicken embryo is a stage of being a chicken. We don't say babies are not human because they are very different than and adult. A human is a human trough each stage of his life cycle. A chicken is a chicken through each stage of it's life cycle.

If an 18 year old high school graduate is killed, he has been robbed of his adult life, but at least he got to live his childhood.

You can see where I'm going with this. The taking of a life through abortion takes everything form that individual.

What is the greater crime, taking the life of someone old who has already lived most of his life, or taking the life of someone young who has his whole life in front of him?
If there is a fully grown beloved Oak Tree in your yard, or a beautiful and cherished Oak Tree in the center of our small Town Square, and you or the village elders ask me as an experienced Gardener who loves trees to keep it healthy ...

If I am asked to keep that tree healthy and to trim it when needed and to cut away weeds and pick up acorns that have fallen to the earth and germinated …

… and I do my job as lovingly and responsibly as a Mother keeps a beloved child or a good Doctor seeks to keep his patients healthy …

… am I committing a “sin” or a “crime”?

Is my “sin” as great as — or even greater than — if out of shear malice or jealousy or greed someone cut down that Oak Tree itself … without permission?

“You can see where I’m going with this” …

Last edited:
If there is a fully grown beloved Oak Tree in your yard, or a beautiful and cherished Oak Tree in the center of our small Town Square, and you or the village elders ask me as an experienced Gardener who loves trees to keep it healthy ...

If I am asked to keep that tree healthy and to trim it when needed and to cut away weeds and pick up acorns that have fallen to the earth and germinated …

… and I do my job as lovingly and responsibly as a Mother keeps a beloved child or a good Doctor seeks to keep his patients healthy …

… am I committing a “sin” or a “crime”?

Is my “sin” as great as — or even greater than — if out of shear malice or jealousy or greed someone cut down that Oak Tree itself … without permission?

“You can see where I’m going with this” …
I can see where you are going... but.... it's a false comparison.

Let me say my wife is to me like an Oak Tree who roots me in this earth; my daughter and granddaughter are like saplings we care for. JoeMoma, you don’t know and really couldn’t give a damn about these women or their lives. I do. This is OUR GARDEN of LIFE and we know better how to take care of each other and protect our family than any busybody religious ideologue who wants to interfere with our most intimate and momentous decisions.

Yours is a thoroughly inappropriate teleological argument that ignores completely the differences between a fertilized zygote, a 2-cell blastocyst, a tiny embryo, a fetus at 10 weeks or 8 months and a living independent child or adult. You even put the acorn’s interest above the sapling and the Oak Tree.

Probably even more important, your silly argument ignores the texture and reality that sustains human life, that leads to healthy relationships and families. Your moral absolutism doesn’t even distinguish between actions taken out of love and those taken out of malice and hatred. Likewise you put the interests & rights of women on the same base level as interfering hypocrites and religious control freaks.

Last edited:
Let me say my wife is to me like an Oak Tree who roots me in this earth; my daughter and granddaughter are like saplings we care for. JoeMoma, you don’t know and really couldn’t give a damn about these women or their lives. I do. This is OUR GARDEN of LIFE and we know better how to take care of each other and protect our family than any busybody religious ideologue who wants to interfere with our most intimate and momentous decisions.

Yours is a thoroughly inappropriate teleological argument that ignores completely the differences between a fertilized zygote, a 2-cell blastocyst, a tiny embryo, a fetus at 10 weeks or 8 months and a living independent child or adult. You even put the acorn’s interest above the sapling and the Oak Tree.

Probably even more important, your silly argument ignores the texture and reality that sustains human life, that leads to healthy relationships and families. Your moral absolutism doesn’t even distinguish between actions taken out of love and those taken out of malice and hatred. Likewise you put the interests & rights of women on the same base level as interfering hypocrites and religious control freaks.
No.. comparing humans lives to trees is a false comparison. I'm okay with you mowing down a bunch of trees to build a house... or whatever you want to do with the wood. I'm okay with most of the acorns being eaten by squirls.

All successful abortions result in the termination of a human.

Forum List

Back