Abortion Trade Off/Compromise

I've been thinking a lot over the last several months about the abortion topic and was wondering about a possible compromise. From what I understand, there can be a fairly safe pharmaceutically induced abortion up to about 12 weeks, which is around the time frame that most of Europe accepts abortions. Since miscarriages can happen during those first 12 weeks, not usually requiring a D&C, a pharmaceutically induced abortion wouldn't really be much different than a miscarriage which, unfortunately, happens 10%-20% of the time anyway. I would personally be very opposed to an abortive medical procedure that isn't pharmaceutical at any time unless the mother or the child are having life threatening complications. Rape and incest pregnancies would have to be aborted within that 12 week period. So, that leaves me asking the following main questions to both sides:

1. Directed at the left: If pharmaceutically induced abortions were a legal right during those first 12 weeks, would you accept the fact that after that 12 week period was over women DO NOT have the right to choose anymore and that after that 12 week period the only abortions that could be done are if the woman's life or her child were in danger?

2. Directed at the right: Assuming that my compromise would be enacted and made into law, would you then accept pharmaceutically induced abortions during those first 12 weeks, something that really isn't too much different than miscarriages?

From what I understand, pHARMaceutical abortions which may or may not be relatively safe up to a certain point of gestation can become very dangerous, not only to the child that's being killed but to the mother, as well.

If the mother is not being honest or intelligent about conception date, for some reason, the risk can get pretty serious.

My own personal experience working for a doctor who performed abortions showed me that a surprising number of women were stupid or dishonest about their conception dates.

You hate all women.

I don’t promote abortion. I promote reproductive healthcare for women. Just the fact that you would refer to any woman as a “skank” displays your hatred and ignorance of women.

And then you wish death on them. Some pro lifer you are.
if she needs an abortion reproduction has already happened,, so its not healthcare its murder,,,

yes if a women kills her child she deserves to die with it,,

in fact I dont hate women that get abortions,, more like feel sorry for them since they have to live the rest of their life knowing they murdered their own child,,,

just like how I have to live with it,,

if she needs an abortion reproduction has already happened,, so its not healthcare its murder,,,

in fact I dont hate women that get abortions,, more like feel sorry for them since they have to live the rest of their life knowing they murdered their own child,,,

1,000,000 women have miscarriages in the first trimester and 20% are incomplete of them need surgical help to restore the bodies to full health. The fetus has already died.

Another 20,000 women miscarry between 12 and 19 weeks. Any miscarriage in the second trimester may result in life threatening blood loss and requires medical assistance.

20,000 more women will have a “stillbirth” wherein in the fetus will die after 20 weeks.

Abortion laws in 20 states ban abortion care for any of these women, or for ectopic pregnancies where the fetus is in the fallopian not viable cannot be carried to term. When the tube explodes, there is less than 10 minutes before the woman will bleed to death.

These are the women that are dying because of the stupid laws enacted by men, like you, who know nothing about birthing babies.

In the middle ages, you burned the midwives as “witches”. Clueless assholes. Now you’re killing women who are trying to have babies. Who want to have babies.

Nobody carries a baby for 20 weeks and then suddenly decides they don’t want it. Every baby that is aborted past the third trimester was unwanted child, and the mother is heartbroken that she is going home empty-handed.

I’m done with you misogynistic, piece of shit.

Last edited:

You have no business worrying about women's medical procedures. Mind your own business.

Abortion is a medical procedure.
Lie.

Contract killings are not medical procedures.
It is no one's business
Violent homicides are every human’s business.

You really need to learn how to mind your business. We know how to - ban this human rights abuse like civilized human beings should.

women's medical services
This is about abortion, retard, don’t change the subject.

You’re using children as a punishment for women daring to engage in the sex act. Children aren’t a punishment. Children should be wanted and welcomed when a family is ready, not inflicted on poor families who can barely afford to raise the children they already have
No. I just accept that children are a potential consequence of sexual activity, no matter how many of the numerous options one uses to try and prevent pregnancy.

I can honestly say I’ve never had sex with a woman I wasn’t prepared to marry and raise a child with. That’s how I was brought up.
With you, the cruelty is always there. The hate shines through. Your life is a misery, and you want everyone else to be one too.
Misery is the intent of human life. The Soul cannot be tested without trouble, misery, and pain.
And if she has never willingly and knowingly, engaged in the sexual act, and her pregnancy is the result of violence, does she lose her right to determine her own life?
That (rape) is the one circumstance under which I believe abortion to be an appropriate OPTION, and should be available to the woman… so long as she’s willing to assist in the prosecution of her assailant.

Abortion is a medical procedure. It is no one's business but the Dr. and the patient. Keep your hand off women's medical services.
IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS
It has always fascinated me how you pro-abortion people deliberately overlook the fact a human being is being terminated.

If you stomp on a sea turtle egg, the Left starts foaming at the mouth and calling for your death.

If you kill a human fetus, the Left says, "It just a clump of cells!"

Abortion should always be a matter between a woman and her doctor. It’s a medical decision that the state has no right in interfering in.
Exactly.

Whatever one’s personal, subjective opinion as to abortion – religious or moral – it’s not within the purview of the state to interfere with the private decision as to whether to have a child or not.

Individuals know best how to conduct their private lives, not the state.

Exactly.

Whatever one’s personal, subjective opinion as to abortion – religious or moral – it’s not within the purview of the state to interfere with the private decision as to whether to have a child or not.

Of course it is within the purview of the state to decide matters of life and death.

I've been thinking a lot over the last several months about the abortion topic and was wondering about a possible compromise. From what I understand, there can be a fairly safe pharmaceutically induced abortion up to about 12 weeks, which is around the time frame that most of Europe accepts abortions. Since miscarriages can happen during those first 12 weeks, not usually requiring a D&C, a pharmaceutically induced abortion wouldn't really be much different than a miscarriage which, unfortunately, happens 10%-20% of the time anyway. I would personally be very opposed to an abortive medical procedure that isn't pharmaceutical at any time unless the mother or the child are having life threatening complications. Rape and incest pregnancies would have to be aborted within that 12 week period. So, that leaves me asking the following main questions to both sides:

1. Directed at the left: If pharmaceutically induced abortions were a legal right during those first 12 weeks, would you accept the fact that after that 12 week period was over women DO NOT have the right to choose anymore and that after that 12 week period the only abortions that could be done are if the woman's life or her child were in danger?

2. Directed at the right: Assuming that my compromise would be enacted and made into law, would you then accept pharmaceutically induced abortions during those first 12 weeks, something that really isn't too much different than miscarriages?
This is a bad faith ‘compromise.’

It usually isn’t until 20 weeks before a woman discovers she’s pregnant.

12 weeks is unreasonable and a de facto ban.

1,000,000 women have miscarriages in the first trimester and 20% are incomplete of them need surgical help to restore the bodies to full health. The fetus has already died.

Another 20,000 women miscarry between 12 and 19 weeks. Any miscarriage in the second trimester may result in life threatening blood loss and requires medical assistance.

20,000 more women will have a “stillbirth” wherein in the fetus will die after 20 weeks.

Abortion laws in 20 states ban abortion care for any of these women, or for ectopic pregnancies where the fetus is in the fallopian not viable cannot be carried to term. When the tube explodes, there is less than 10 minutes before the woman will bleed to death.

These are the women that are dying because of the stupid laws enacted by men, like you, who know nothing about birthing babies.

In the middle ages, you burned the midwives as “witches”. Clueless assholes. Now you’re killing women who are trying to have babies. Who want to have babies.

Nobody carries a baby for 20 weeks and then suddenly decides they don’t want it. Every baby that is aborted past the third trimester was unwanted child, and the mother is heartbroken that she is going home empty-handed.

I’m done with you misogynistic, piece of shit.
save it baby killer,,,

theres not enough words in the english language for me to use to describe what a disgusting person you are,,,

Forum List

Back