Abbott No-Shows Uvalde Funerals of 21 Killed

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
You would think that the Governor of Texas attended at least one funeral.
Stepping up isn't in him. Seems to be a problem with politicians.
Some sign of empathy is in order.

"AUSTIN (Nexstar) — Gov. Greg Abbott is receiving criticism from some for not attending any of the funerals for the 21 victims who were killed in the Robb Elementary School shooting in Uvalde on May 24."

"During a press conference on July 13, Angel Garza — the father of one of the Uvalde victims — was also critical of Abbott, saying, “Since this happened, Gov. Abbott has yet to reach out…. We've had Sen. Gutierrez in our living room, willing to come and talk to us. We've had Beto O'Rourke coming to our private meeting to fight with us. He marched with us. That means something to us. The fact that you're reaching out just to see how we're doing means something to us."

Why are you acting like this is the 1st time a politician has chosen not to attend a funeral so as not to distract / divert attention from the victims / family / the solemn occassion?

Are you THAT pathetically desperate to make this a political issue so you can turn this into a partisan 'hate fest' for the left?

Let the families grieve and have a moment to privately say good-bye to loved ones without assholes like you turning this into a politically divisive circus!

"AUSTIN (Nexstar) — Gov. Greg Abbott is receiving criticism from some for not attending any of the funerals for the 21 victims who were killed in the Robb Elementary School shooting in Uvalde on May 24."

"During a press conference on July 13, Angel Garza — the father of one of the Uvalde victims — was also critical of Abbott, saying, “Since this happened, Gov. Abbott has yet to reach out…. We've had Sen. Gutierrez in our living room, willing to come and talk to us. We've had Beto O'Rourke coming to our private meeting to fight with us. He marched with us. That means something to us. The fact that you're reaching out just to see how we're doing means something to us."

Abbott is much the same as trump. A self serving, deplorable jerk who lacks any sense of empathy.

Why are you acting like this is the 1st time a politician has chosen not to attend a funeral so as not to distract / divert attention from the victims / family / the solemn occassion?

Are you THAT pathetically desperate to make this a political issue so you can turn this into a partisan 'hate fest' for the left?

Let the families grieve and have a moment to privately say good-bye to loved ones without assholes like you turning this into a politically divisive circus!
You've proved to be a hypocrite, many more times. Of course he loves the gun lobby and doesn't want to offend them - he wants the dark money so he might beat the other guy who has real empathy and concern of the people.

I'm no Abbott fan, but not attending is the right move.

Look who's talking. A True HYPOCRITE.

Abbott is much the same as trump. A self serving, deplorable jerk who lacks any sense of empathy.
Yeah, how dare Abbot not show up and make the funerals about himself, partisan politics, or - as Democrats say - never let a crisis go to waste by pushing some agenda?!

Holy shit, you snowflakes are pathetic, cold-hearted, 'Democrat/Politics 1st', 'F* the people and their grief' SOBs .

Reminds me of how Beto staged that 'Campaign Photo Op' by attacking Abbot & others at the 1st shooting status briefing immediately after the shooting, disrespecting the victims, survivors, and their famikies for his own political benefit!

The left relies on emotion while Abbott is trying to fix the problem. There were about 600 corpses left around on the Texas border as a result of Biden's secret invasion but the V.P. who is supposed to handle the situation hasn't been to the border yet.

You've proved to be a hypocrite, many more times.
Thanks for that despicable, emotional personal attack after beig called out for wanting so desperately to use the funerals for these victims as a political hit on a man smart and compassionate enough to choose to avoid attending, avoiding giving you fucking ghouls the opportunity to attack him and make him the focus of the event.

You think you are so smart, but your BS is transparent, predictable as day following night -

You damn-well know if Abbot attended the fake news media and you vultures would attack him for going. It would be another 'Beto' moment.

The lefts' tactics of attacking any / every action by their 'enemies' is SOP. 'Damned if they do, damned if they don't'

So spare us the bullshit.

Thanks for that despicable, emotional personal attack after beig called out for wanting so desperately wanting to use the funerals for these victims as a political hit on a man smart and compassionate enough to choose to avoid attending, giving you fucking ghouls the opportunity to attack him and make him the focus.

You think you are so smart, but your BS is transparent as day, predictsble as day following night - you damn-well kn9w if Abbot attended the fake news media and you vultures would attack him for going. It would be another 'Beto' moment.

The lefts' tactics of attacking any / every action by their 'enemies' is SOP. 'Damned if they do, damned if they don't'

So spare us the bullshit.
LOL, go do what the VP Cheney told that Senator to do. GFY.

Yeah, a very very very far right move.
Compassionate, concerned, putting / thinking of others before himself, smart enough to avoid obvious desperate Democrats' attempts to politicize everything for their personal benefit, like Beto already did...

Thanks for that great compliment!

Why must you bring your perverted fantasies up? You and AOC should compare...
It's not my "perverted fantasies", it was the Vice President of the United States, Dick Cheney who made this statement. In fact, speaking of perverted behaviors, The Donald is number one in the category. Dozens of Women complained of his illicit behavior and two of them have accused him of rape.

Now, since if I insulted you with my GFY comment I will offer my Mea culpa, and instead tell you to keep your head out of your colon.

It's not my "perverted fantasies",

YOU were the one who brought it up about ME, perv.

I would say I am flattered....

NO, no I wouldn't either. EWWW!

As I said, stick to the topics of discussion, & keep your perv fantasies to yourself.

Yeah, how dare Abbot not show up and make the funerals about himself, partisan politics, or - as Democrats say - never let a crisis go to waste by pushing some agenda?!

Holy shit, you snowflakes are pathetic, cold-hearted, 'Democrat/Politics 1st', 'F* the people and their grief' SOBs .

Reminds me of how Beto staged that 'Campaign Photo Op' by attacking Abbot & others at the 1st shooting status briefing immediately after the shooting, disrespecting the victims, survivors, and their famikies for his own political benefit!
You haven't the sense of real empathy!

exactly what some posters here are posting about , BETO attended so he must be the *good caring guy * he made it political. ABBOT did the right thing let them morn in peace as they asked

Forum List

Back