Aaron David Gordon on Zionism

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Just more proof that the Jews themselves choose to live elsewhere besides Palestine.

Aaron David Gordon (Hebrew: ืื”ืจืŸ ื“ื•ื“ ื’ื•ืจื“ื•ืŸโ€Ž; 9 June 1856 โ€“ 22 February 1922), more commonly known as A. D. Gordon, was a Zionist ideologue and the spiritual force behind practical Zionism and Labor Zionism. He founded Hapoel Hatzair, a movement that set the tone for the Zionist movement for many years to come. Influenced by Leo Tolstoy and others, it is said that in effect he made a religion of labor. However, he himself wrote in 1920, "Surely in our day it is possible to live without religion."

The Jewish people has been completely cut off from nature and imprisoned within city walls for two thousand years. We have been accustomed to every form of life, except a life of labor- of labor done at our behalf and for its own sake. It will require the greatest effort of will for such a people to become normal again. We lack the principal ingredient for national life. We lack the habit of laborโ€ฆ for it is labor which binds a people to its soil and to its national culture, which in its turn is an outgrowth of the people's toil and the people's labor. ... We, the Jews, were the first in history to say: "For all the nations shall go each in the name of its God" and "Nations shall not lift up sword against nation" - and then we proceed to cease being a nation ourselves.

Gordon wrote:

[W]e are a parasitic people. We have no roots in the soil, there is no ground beneath our feet. And we are parasites not only in an economic sense, but in spirit, in thought, in poetry, in literature, and in our virtues, our ideals, our higher human aspirations. Every alien movement sweeps us along, every wind in the world carries us. We in ourselves are almost non-existent, so of course we are nothing in the eyes of other people either[3]

A. D. Gordon - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Please check footnotes.

Penelope, et al,

I'm not even sure what this says; or if it even has a contemporary meaning.

Just more proof that the Jews themselves choose to live elsewhere besides Palestine.

Aaron David Gordon (Hebrew: ืื”ืจืŸ ื“ื•ื“ ื’ื•ืจื“ื•ืŸโ€Ž; 9 June 1856 โ€“ 22 February 1922), more commonly known as A. D. Gordon, was a Zionist ideologue and the spiritual force behind practical Zionism and Labor Zionism. He founded Hapoel Hatzair, a movement that set the tone for the Zionist movement for many years to come. Influenced by Leo Tolstoy and others, it is said that in effect he made a religion of labor. However, he himself wrote in 1920, "Surely in our day it is possible to live without religion."

The Jewish people has been completely cut off from nature and imprisoned within city walls for two thousand years. We have been accustomed to every form of life, except a life of labor- of labor done at our behalf and for its own sake. It will require the greatest effort of will for such a people to become normal again. We lack the principal ingredient for national life. We lack the habit of laborโ€ฆ for it is labor which binds a people to its soil and to its national culture, which in its turn is an outgrowth of the people's toil and the people's labor. ... We, the Jews, were the first in history to say: "For all the nations shall go each in the name of its God" and "Nations shall not lift up sword against nation" - and then we proceed to cease being a nation ourselves.

Gordon wrote:

[W]e are a parasitic people. We have no roots in the soil, there is no ground beneath our feet. And we are parasites not only in an economic sense, but in spirit, in thought, in poetry, in literature, and in our virtues, our ideals, our higher human aspirations. Every alien movement sweeps us along, every wind in the world carries us. We in ourselves are almost non-existent, so of course we are nothing in the eyes of other people either[3]

Please check footnotes.
(COMMENT)

AD Gordon died even before the Mandate for Palestine was published.

As we look at the term parasite, one has to ask --- given the time interval of nearly a century --- who is the regional parasite? (It is almost an Article 22 criteria.) The Arab Palestinians are the people that have their hand extended out --- begging for donations to keep their politically corrupt government operating. The Israelis can stand alone.

Most Respectfully,
R

Penelope, et al,

Gordon wrote:

Please check footnotes.
(COMMENT)

As we look at the term parasite, one has to ask --- given the time interval of nearly a century --- who is the regional parasite? (It is almost an Article 22 criteria.) The Arab Palestinians are the people that have their hand extended out --- begging for donations to keep their politically corrupt government operating. The Israelis can stand alone.

Most Respectfully,
R

What I'm trying to show is that Zionism was a movement, started by some, but most Jews did not want to return to Palestine and start working . they preferred to live off of others, and at first they sent the poor workers there. If you read enough you'll find that most Zionist felt those who died in WWII was worth the state of Israel. I also want to show that Jews were not a majority in Palestine.

ISRAEL WAS EVERTHING

By MARTIN GILBERT; Martin Gilbert's most recent books are ''Winston S. Churchill: Road to Victory 1941-1945,'' ''Shcharansky: Hero of our Time'' and ''The Holocaust: A History of the Jews of Europe During the Second World War.''

Published: June 21, 1987

At a conference in London in January 1939, Ben-Gurion pleaded in vain for the British to allow the Jews to become a majority in Palestine (as Churchill had envisaged in 1922 and reiterated in 1937).

Ben-Gurion returned to Palestine on the eve of World War II convinced that Britain would now never agree to a Jewish majority in Palestine.

Ben-Gurion returned to Palestine on the eve of World War II convinced that Britain would now never agree to a Jewish majority in Palestine. Immediately after his return he told a secret meeting of his party: ''If I knew that it was possible to save all the children of Germany by transporting them to England, and only half by transferring them to the Land of Israel, I would choose the latter, for before us lies not only the numbers of these children but the historical reckoning of the people of Israel.''

Mr. Teveth is in no doubt that in regard to rescue, Ben-Gurion adhered to a ''philosophy of what might be called the beneficial disaster.'' This is almost exactly what the British playwright Jim Allen accused Ben-Gurion of in his play ''Perdition,'' which recently aroused such indignation among British Jews, myself included. Yet Mr. Teveth is emphatic that before the summer of 1944, when Ben-Gurion and his colleagues first appreciated the true scale of the Holocaust, he regarded it as ''a relatively modest catastrophe that his Zionist concept defined as suitable for exploitation.''

ISRAEL WAS EVERTHING - NYTimes.com

Please check out the writer Mr. Teveth and also the reviewer of the book.

Gordon wrote:

Please check footnotes.

And he is correct as the Jews were forced into being parasites living of other peoples land because that had no homeland of their own. Now the arab muslim Palestinians are facing the same problems and they don't like it. They are hated and derided by their own brothers in islam, shunned no matter where they go and treated as pariahs by everyone. Only the arab muslims have gone one step further that the Jews have and are parasites living of the money of other people that they refuse to work for. Living from the kindness of other peoples charity, then turning round and killing them because they cant give more.

Penelope, et al,

Gordon wrote:

Please check footnotes.
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

What I'm trying to show is that Zionism was a movement, started by some, but most Jews did not want to return to Palestine and start working . they preferred to live off of others, and at first they sent the poor workers there. If you read enough you'll find that most Zionist felt those who died in WWII was worth the state of Israel. I also want to show that Jews were not a majority in Palestine.

ISRAEL WAS EVERTHING

By MARTIN GILBERT; Martin Gilbert's most recent books are ''Winston S. Churchill: Road to Victory 1941-1945,'' ''Shcharansky: Hero of our Time'' and ''The Holocaust: A History of the Jews of Europe During the Second World War.''

Published: June 21, 1987

At a conference in London in January 1939, Ben-Gurion pleaded in vain for the British to allow the Jews to become a majority in Palestine (as Churchill had envisaged in 1922 and reiterated in 1937).

Ben-Gurion returned to Palestine on the eve of World War II convinced that Britain would now never agree to a Jewish majority in Palestine.

Ben-Gurion returned to Palestine on the eve of World War II convinced that Britain would now never agree to a Jewish majority in Palestine. Immediately after his return he told a secret meeting of his party: ''If I knew that it was possible to save all the children of Germany by transporting them to England, and only half by transferring them to the Land of Israel, I would choose the latter, for before us lies not only the numbers of these children but the historical reckoning of the people of Israel.''

Mr. Teveth is in no doubt that in regard to rescue, Ben-Gurion adhered to a ''philosophy of what might be called the beneficial disaster.'' This is almost exactly what the British playwright Jim Allen accused Ben-Gurion of in his play ''Perdition,'' which recently aroused such indignation among British Jews, myself included. Yet Mr. Teveth is emphatic that before the summer of 1944, when Ben-Gurion and his colleagues first appreciated the true scale of the Holocaust, he regarded it as ''a relatively modest catastrophe that his Zionist concept defined as suitable for exploitation.''

ISRAEL WAS EVERTHING - NYTimes.com

Please check out the writer Mr. Teveth and also the reviewer of the book.

Don't need to as history shows that he was right and that Britain would turn against the Jews and assist in the final solution. Then ignore International law and refuse to allow the Jews from Europe to migrate freely to Palestine as Palestinian citizens but send them to die in death camps. Is it any wonder the Jews turned against the British very shortly after and started killing the soldiers and government officials in reprisal for the many murders of Jews. Will you now deny this as a fact and ignore the truth as you usually do.

Hey I quoted from Jews and Zionist, not much you can say , Zionist sacrificed other Jews to create the state of Israel. How sad.

Hey I quoted from Jews and Zionist, not much you can say , Zionist sacrificed other Jews to create the state of Israel. How sad.

Only according to the warped and twisted minds of the islamonazi's and their stooges

Wow, that's deep.

Total bullshit.

But deep.

Not my words, all from Zionist jews. Very sad.

Zionism is within the eye of the beholder.

Zionism is the reason your in Israel , your a Zionist. Don't like what one of the Zionist said, I think he spoke from the heart.

Have you ever heard of the list of people who should be slapped in the face? you know, people who park in the handicapped lot, women who smoke, kids who mix their milky.... people who write your instead of you're...
54.gif

I'm in Israel because I'm Israeli. Being Zionist is besides the point. Duh

Have you ever heard of the list of people who should be slapped in the face? you know, people who park in the handicapped lot, women who smoke, kids who mix their milky.... people who write your instead of you're...
54.gif

I'm in Israel because I'm Israeli. Being Zionist is besides the point. Duh

because I say your, I should be slapped. YOUR a Zionist and should be slapped down a peg or two.

Penelope, et al,

Gordon wrote:

Please check footnotes.
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Israelis can "stand alone" because they keep stealing Palestinian tax revenues and leech $ billions in US aid. If you are talking parasites....

Wow, that's deep.

Total bullshit.

But deep.

Not my words, all from Zionist jews. Very sad.

Zionism is within the eye of the beholder.

Zionism is the reason your in Israel , your a Zionist. Don't like what one of the Zionist said, I think he spoke from the heart.

How about you define what Zionist means to you in your own words, lets see it is something like IS, hamas, fatah, boko haram and A.Q.

Penelope, et al,

Gordon wrote:

Please check footnotes.
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Israelis can "stand alone" because they keep stealing Palestinian tax revenues and leech $ billions in US aid. If you are talking parasites....

Then look no further than the arab muslims who leech even more $ billions from the US. The same arab muslims that steal water, gas and electricity when they refuse to pay for them, the best reason in the world for Israel to legally withhold tax revenues to help pay of a small part of the due monies. For a "nation" that receives $10 billion in aid it is very poor when it comes to using it sensibly, and not giving it to the families of terrorists to live the high life.

Forum List

Back