A way to improve our country starting November 4th

The fear that you might take home less in a paycheck because of increased taxes would have less of a mental impact on people if people just realized that you can still fully enjoy life without many unnecessary material possessions and wants that end up being the main driver of the need of personal wealth.
This is one of the most dangerous attitudes on the planet today.

"From each according to their ability, to each according to their needs"

"This is one of the most dangerous attitudes on the planet today.

Today?

Did you miss Bolshevik Russia and Mao's China?

You seem to be bereft of either a cogent argument or a cerebrum.
Both?

What you fail to understand is we live in a Constitutional Republic with laws to protect us from govt tyranny. We have inherent basic human rights that exceed any legitimate ability for a govt to take from us. Once we see our rights being violated by a govt, it's our duty to put a stop to it. Who are you to tell us how much money we should be allowed to keep? Are we no longer allowed to enjoy the fruits of our own labor or is that not a right, just a privilege?
You think we should stand down to get along, even if it means compromising our own beliefs & moral code because 51% of voters have gone batsh!t crazy? That is not freedom, that is tyranny by mob rule.
BTW, your assumption that Creepy Joe is going to win is wishful thinking, probably based on false polling purposely misleading sheople to influence this election for a desired outcome.
This debate tonight is going to be interesting. How long till Trump starts with the Obiden family corruption that MSM ignores or lies about?
ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTELY, YOU ARE SPOT ON!

" And before it's said this is not a call for communism. "

Yes it is, although you don't seem to realize it. You're talking about raising taxes on everybody and redistributing it according to the gov'ts determination of needs. That is de facto communism, perhaps not your intended result but it is the final outcome once the gov't gets control of who gets what. Should someone with more talent, ambition, perseverance, and hard work benefit from that? You say no, that person has to pay more in taxes to pay for improving the lifestyle of someone who doesn't even make the effort. Merit gets you nothing or next to nothing extra, but I'd bet your connections would in your world. That's how reality works, if you're Hunter Biden then you're all for it; but if you're nobody then you're fucked.

Yes it is, although you don't seem to realize it. You're talking about raising taxes on everybody and redistributing it according to the gov'ts determination of needs. That is de facto communism, perhaps not your intended result but it is the final outcome once the gov't gets control of who gets what. Should someone with more talent, ambition, perseverance, and hard work benefit from that? You say no, that person has to pay more in taxes to pay for improving the lifestyle of someone who doesn't even make the effort. Merit gets you nothing or next to nothing extra, but I'd bet your connections would in your world. That's how reality works, if you're Hunter Biden then you're all for it; but if you're nobody then you're fucked.

They don't understand word, or concepts.....and history is verboten!!!

I've typed this out maybe like four times now and i'll probably never be abel to get these thoughts out properly. In my opinion, and this is just as I see it, in all likelihood Joe Biden will be our next president and there will be economic and social tilts back towards the left side of politics over the next four years which will make millions of people happy and millions of people mad. We've seen what hyper partisanship gets us in this country from both sides and it's pretty unappealing to me. The pendulum focus of every four years giving the other side relative pain for your four years of political happiness just doesn't work and it isn't a long term system that will bring us together or make our country better in my opinion. We have to change our focus.

I thought about this last night and then again early this morning. A good way of helping to increase happiness in this country is a focus on the simpler things in life that add mental comfort to our life. Starting November 4th there will be millions of people who are angry about the outcome of the election. They will assume the worst and will look around at all of their material possessions, their finances, their social beliefs, their preferences, and will be certain that it will all come crashing down around them resulting in pain and years of miserableness. Most of that, in my opinion, is based on months or years of manufactured fear and usually doesn't translate to reality. All the while they will be surrounded by people they love and mental comforts that no politician can really take from them.

Let's say if Biden wins and you are mad. There is a probability that your taxes will go up in order to help all Americans regardless of their position or status have quality healthcare. You may lose some physical money to those taxes upfront or have some anger or resentment that your lifestyle isn't going to be as materially acceptable as you hoped because your take home isn't as much anymore, but you haven't lost your ability to find peace in nature and with those you love. You really haven't lost your ability to sit outside on a cold night and get together with close friends, light some candles, cover with blankets and have drinks together around a fire nearly for free which is one of our favorite things to do personally. You really haven't lost your ability to spend time with your spouse, your dog, your kids if you have kids, your parents or grandparents doing activities that cost very little money but are fulfilling in your mind and your heart. You really haven't lost your ability to determine what truly matters most in your life all because a politician or political party that you don't like is now in power and affected your temporary wants or desires.

Our country needs a mentality switch, a different focus, in my opinion. There are greater things in our lives already than winning and political triumph. Would you be willing to live a slightly more minimalist lifestyle if it meant more quality time with family and friends and less time focusing on upgrading, buying, and having? Would you be willing to live a little more simply if it means others that have had more struggles than you in their lives can feel some relief and live similarly to you because they are able to take care of their health and start living? Would you be willing to be ok with a loss politically if it means people can be their full self without the fear of bigotry or judgment? Would you be willing to sacrifice at the pump or in other ways to help the health of our planet which in turn will mean long term health and happiness for you and your family? I know I would and I already try to. My basic point is that more money, more material possessions, more profit, more political winning, more guns, more anger, more division, more selfishness, more pollution, more looking to the past will not help our collective well-being or our country in the future.

And before it's said this is not a call for communism. I've had a thread before on here that talked about how I am for adopting a more ethical and functional form of capitalism which is I advocate for. This is mainly just to highlight that right now regardless of politics there are things in our lives that can bring joy and happiness that cost very little money and that exist regardless of who is president, but it seems like millions of people seem to value the material wants and the political wins more, and that's where I think we should work the a change in our country post-election.

I've rarely met a Liberal who does much reading, and I'd be happy to provide a curriculum for you.....but here would be a good place to begin:

View attachment 405156

This Coyote person may 'disagree' but I'll bet can't find a single thing in error in my posts.

Begin here: did you read the book?

Can you name three or four books that you can point to as having informed your geopolitical perspective.

You can always 'disagree' with this post.

I read mostly fiction books but a few non-fiction books that immediately come to mind that I have read that helped create my perspective would be:

The Bible
Bonhoeffer
Rewilding

among other

I've typed this out maybe like four times now and i'll probably never be abel to get these thoughts out properly. In my opinion, and this is just as I see it, in all likelihood Joe Biden will be our next president and there will be economic and social tilts back towards the left side of politics over the next four years which will make millions of people happy and millions of people mad. We've seen what hyper partisanship gets us in this country from both sides and it's pretty unappealing to me. The pendulum focus of every four years giving the other side relative pain for your four years of political happiness just doesn't work and it isn't a long term system that will bring us together or make our country better in my opinion. We have to change our focus.

I thought about this last night and then again early this morning. A good way of helping to increase happiness in this country is a focus on the simpler things in life that add mental comfort to our life. Starting November 4th there will be millions of people who are angry about the outcome of the election. They will assume the worst and will look around at all of their material possessions, their finances, their social beliefs, their preferences, and will be certain that it will all come crashing down around them resulting in pain and years of miserableness. Most of that, in my opinion, is based on months or years of manufactured fear and usually doesn't translate to reality. All the while they will be surrounded by people they love and mental comforts that no politician can really take from them.

Let's say if Biden wins and you are mad. There is a probability that your taxes will go up in order to help all Americans regardless of their position or status have quality healthcare. You may lose some physical money to those taxes upfront or have some anger or resentment that your lifestyle isn't going to be as materially acceptable as you hoped because your take home isn't as much anymore, but you haven't lost your ability to find peace in nature and with those you love. You really haven't lost your ability to sit outside on a cold night and get together with close friends, light some candles, cover with blankets and have drinks together around a fire nearly for free which is one of our favorite things to do personally. You really haven't lost your ability to spend time with your spouse, your dog, your kids if you have kids, your parents or grandparents doing activities that cost very little money but are fulfilling in your mind and your heart. You really haven't lost your ability to determine what truly matters most in your life all because a politician or political party that you don't like is now in power and affected your temporary wants or desires.

Our country needs a mentality switch, a different focus, in my opinion. There are greater things in our lives already than winning and political triumph. Would you be willing to live a slightly more minimalist lifestyle if it meant more quality time with family and friends and less time focusing on upgrading, buying, and having? Would you be willing to live a little more simply if it means others that have had more struggles than you in their lives can feel some relief and live similarly to you because they are able to take care of their health and start living? Would you be willing to be ok with a loss politically if it means people can be their full self without the fear of bigotry or judgment? Would you be willing to sacrifice at the pump or in other ways to help the health of our planet which in turn will mean long term health and happiness for you and your family? I know I would and I already try to. My basic point is that more money, more material possessions, more profit, more political winning, more guns, more anger, more division, more selfishness, more pollution, more looking to the past will not help our collective well-being or our country in the future.

And before it's said this is not a call for communism. I've had a thread before on here that talked about how I am for adopting a more ethical and functional form of capitalism which is I advocate for. This is mainly just to highlight that right now regardless of politics there are things in our lives that can bring joy and happiness that cost very little money and that exist regardless of who is president, but it seems like millions of people seem to value the material wants and the political wins more, and that's where I think we should work the a change in our country post-election.

Jot this down: without being communist/collectivist/Democrat, Americans are the most charitable people on the earth.
Your suggestion, government coercion, has been tried.....throughout the 20th century, with well over 100 million slaughtered in the name of 'sharing.'

Only the most educationally deprived individuals believe as you do.
I'm guessing that you are a government school grad.

The Generosity of America
Adam Meyerson has been president of The Philanthropy Roundtable since 2001.

404 Not Found - Hillsdale College

1. To begin with, charitable giving in America has never been the exclusive province of wealthy people. Throughout our history, Americans from all walks of life have given generously for charitable causes. Indeed, the most generous Americans today—the group that gives the most to charity as a proportion of their income—are the working poor.
  2. Today, Americans voluntarily give over $30 billion a year to support higher education, and—thanks in part to philanthropy—America has the best colleges and universities in the world. Even our great flagship state universities depend on private contributions for much of their excellence.
  3. Private charitable giving is also at the heart and soul of public discourse in our democracy. It makes possible our great think tanks, whether left, right or center. Name a great issue of public debate today: climate change, the role of government in health care, school choice, stem cell research, same-sex marriage. On all these issues, private philanthropy enriches debate by enabling organizations with diverse viewpoints to articulate and spread their message.
  4. We usually hear about charity in the media when there is a terrible disaster. For example, after Hurricane Katrina, we heard about the incredible outpouring of private generosity that amounted to $6 billion. What gets less attention is that Americans routinely give that much to charity every week. Last year Americans gave $300 billion to charity. To put this into perspective, that is almost twice what we spent on consumer electronics equipment—equipment including cell phones, iPods and DVD players. Americans gave three times as much to charity last year as we spent on gambling and ten times as much as we spent on professional sports. America is by far the most charitable country in the world. There is no other country that comes close.

BTW.....every survey shows that conservatives are far.....FAR......more charitable than Liberals.

I've gone to a mixture of public and private schools. As for your last part I'm not really talking about charity in this though. I'm talking about the realization that the most important things in our lives are not political wins and material gain, and that we can access those important things at any time for free in most cases.

Last edited:
The fear that you might take home less in a paycheck because of increased taxes would have less of a mental impact on people if people just realized that you can still fully enjoy life without many unnecessary material possessions and wants that end up being the main driver of the need of personal wealth.

That's not my point. I'm not opposed to you having more. What I am saying is that "more" is not necessary for happiness.

That's not my point. I'm not opposed to you having more. What I am saying is that "more" is not necessary for happiness.
No, you quite plainly said that Biden would take more money from everyone, and thus more possessions, and that they don't need it.

You are okay with government deciding what you need and taking what they decide you don't.

I've rarely met a Liberal who does much reading, and I'd be happy to provide a curriculum for you.....but here would be a good place to begin:

View attachment 405156

This Coyote person may 'disagree' but I'll bet can't find a single thing in error in my posts.

Begin here: did you read the book?

Can you name three or four books that you can point to as having informed your geopolitical perspective.

You can always 'disagree' with this post.

I read mostly fiction books but a few non-fiction books that immediately come to mind that I have read that helped create my perspective would be:

The Bible
Bonhoeffer
Rewilding

among other

Excellent. My offer for a few suggestions stands.

But this would be a good time for you to use your learning to give examples of where your sort of 'sharing' has worked in history.

The last time it worked was.......never.

You should read about Robert Owen.
“Robert Owen (/ˈoʊən/; 14 May 1771 – 17 November 1858… philanthropic social reformer, and one of the founders of utopian socialism and the cooperative movement. Owen is best known for his efforts to improve the working conditions of his factory workers and his promotion of experimental socialistic communities. ….In 1824 Owen travelled to America, where he invested the bulk of his fortune in an experimental socialistic community at New Harmony, Indiana, the preliminary model for Owen's utopian society. The experiment was short-lived, lasting about two years. Other Owenite utopian communities met a similar fate.”
Robert Owen - Wikipedia

A good man, sorely misguided. He wrote: we must “merge all individualism in the social.”
. Robert Owen was a socialist with the very best of intentions.

“In July 1799 Owen and his partners bought the New Lanark mill from David Dale, and Owen became the New Lanark mill's manager in January 1800.[11][12]Encouraged by his success in the management of cotton mills in Manchester, Owen hoped to conduct the New Lanark mill on higher principles than purely commercial ones. …. About 2,000 individuals were associations with the mill; 500 of them were children who were brought to the mill at the age of five or six from the poorhouses and charities of Edinburgh and Glasgow.” Robert Owen - Wikipedia

The experiment failed miserably, as has every other commune.

How about trying it on a much larger scale?

Owen’s “system of public property…was put into place in the Soviet Union in 1917, and the experiment lasted for the average human lifespan. The Soviet regime believed, as ardently as Owen, that human nature was malleable, and could be changed by nature, education, and indoctrination. But far from bringing about savings of labor and capital, public property brought with it tyranny, injustice, stagnation and ruin.” Bethell, “The Noblest Triumph,” p. 124

Thank you for responding.

No, you quite plainly said that Biden would take more money from everyone, and thus more possessions, and that they don't need it.

You are okay with government deciding what you need and taking what they decide you don't.

I'm sorry but no, i'm not saying that government should decide what you need. I am saying that despite less take home income due to increased taxes you can still find happiness in your lives that has more meaning than a material possession or bigger bank account.

Jot this down: without being communist/collectivist/Democrat, Americans are the most charitable people on the earth.
Your suggestion, government coercion, has been tried.....throughout the 20th century, with well over 100 million slaughtered in the name of 'sharing.'

Only the most educationally deprived individuals believe as you do.
I'm guessing that you are a government school grad.

The Generosity of America
Adam Meyerson has been president of The Philanthropy Roundtable since 2001.

404 Not Found - Hillsdale College

1. To begin with, charitable giving in America has never been the exclusive province of wealthy people. Throughout our history, Americans from all walks of life have given generously for charitable causes. Indeed, the most generous Americans today—the group that gives the most to charity as a proportion of their income—are the working poor.
  2. Today, Americans voluntarily give over $30 billion a year to support higher education, and—thanks in part to philanthropy—America has the best colleges and universities in the world. Even our great flagship state universities depend on private contributions for much of their excellence.
  3. Private charitable giving is also at the heart and soul of public discourse in our democracy. It makes possible our great think tanks, whether left, right or center. Name a great issue of public debate today: climate change, the role of government in health care, school choice, stem cell research, same-sex marriage. On all these issues, private philanthropy enriches debate by enabling organizations with diverse viewpoints to articulate and spread their message.
  4. We usually hear about charity in the media when there is a terrible disaster. For example, after Hurricane Katrina, we heard about the incredible outpouring of private generosity that amounted to $6 billion. What gets less attention is that Americans routinely give that much to charity every week. Last year Americans gave $300 billion to charity. To put this into perspective, that is almost twice what we spent on consumer electronics equipment—equipment including cell phones, iPods and DVD players. Americans gave three times as much to charity last year as we spent on gambling and ten times as much as we spent on professional sports. America is by far the most charitable country in the world. There is no other country that comes close.

BTW.....every survey shows that conservatives are far.....FAR......more charitable than Liberals.

I've gone to a mixture of public and private schools. As for your last part I'm not really talking about charity in this though. I'm talking about the realization that the most important things in our lives are not political wins and material gain, and that we can access those important things at any time for free in most cases.

I'm telling you that Americans do it without being compelled. I gave you two sources to check.

How about answering: how much of one's earnings should an American be docked by government before it results in the populace being serfs or slaves?

One more thing, a truth without which you will never understand the world you live in:
Antonio Gramsci, Italian Marxist theoretician and founding member and one-time leader of the Communist Party of Italy. Gramsci’s motto is that of liberals today: “that all life is "political."

I'm sorry but no, i'm not saying that government should decide what you need. I am saying that despite less take home income due to increased taxes you can still find happiness in your lives that has more meaning than a material possession or bigger bank account.
You could not be more plain about being okay with government taking what you think a person does not need!

How much taxes?

Not quite what I am saying. If I were to go into more detail about a redistribution then I would not go along with what many in the Democratic Party are advocating for which is increased taxes on the wealthiest to help supplement the income or lives of the poorest people or even people that basically mooch off of the system. The redistribution of wealth and the dismantling of capitalism is not a belief that I have. My belief is in using capitalism to create systems that benefit all that pay in. So for example with healthcare for me everybody would pay in to that system, janitor to CEO to doctor to fisherman, and so on, and create that system to where it gives everybody equal interest and equal ownership in seeing it succeed. This a lengthier topic though.

Just accept more thievery. Thats a way to bring us together, for sure. :rolleyes:

I don't really view the existence of taxation in order to help fund shared investments within our country to be theft.
Thats what it is. Stealing the fruit of my labor to give to people who refuse to do it.
Especially when the fed gov doesnt even have those powers to spread the wealth.
Well even if what you posted is true, and I don't really, how is that any different from the Trumpian trade view that I should pay more for a tv, or washing machine, or car so some American earns more than he does with a service job, the earned income tax credit and expanded Medicaid/Obamacarevoucher?

Deluded leftist post of the month.

That's a really reflective post Grace...thanks for posting it, definitely food for thought.
If you like rat poison yeah, it's great food.

Both left-leaning and right-leaning analysts say Biden's plans will not increase taxes on the middle class. Just the rich.

What I think will happen if the Democrats win the House, the Senate, and the Executive is that the Right will challenge every piece of legislation in court, and demand the Supremes be activist judges.

They have shown themselves to be profound hypocrites on everything else, so why not.

Watch and see.
Tax the rich is a typical focus tested term that has been proven to result in lower growth rates or even stagnation. Our economy was booming before the dempanic hit. It would be growing even faster if key Dem controlled states would open up again instead of focusing on the panic porn of positive test results for a virus not much worse than a bad flu.
Funny you think it's the cons on the SCOTUS that are the judicial activists. That couldn't be more false. They are supposed to be constitutionalists who follow the original meaning of our founding document. The left is the side constantly trying to legislate from the bench.

How much taxes?

A flat tax rate on income of at least 25% of your income would be a start for me and then an additional percentage based on your income bracket. Plus an increased sales tax. Businesses would also be taxed at a higher rate as well but all this money would go towards systems that all citizens would ultimately be investing in such as healthcare. Although if we were to go into more detail about healthcare it wouldn't be "free" like Democrats push for.

Forum List

Back