Fri
Sunny

94°
62°
Sat
Sunny

93°
62°

Yes it will be hot with some record highs.

It is expected to be even hotter in MY city:

Today to next Friday:

106, 111, 113, 116, 110, 108, 108 degrees F

LINK

The Washington state record is 118 F in 1961

Dr. Mass explains WHY this occurring on his latest post:

Watts Up With That?

Update 2 on Northwest US Heat Wave Predictions​

Reposted from the Cliff Mass Weather Blog

June 26. 2021

Excerpt:

The Reason for the Extreme Warmth on Monday–And My Podcast on the Heat Wave is Out​

I think I understand why the temperatures in western Oregon and Washington will be so stunningly extreme on Sunday and Monday.

A unique combination of factors will come together to make the unthinkable possible. Forget the “heat dome” explanations found in the Seattle Times and some media outlets, or those saying that the extreme heat can only be explained by global warming.

I will call the phenomenon a downslope heat surge on the western slopes of the Cascades.

A relative of the extreme heat associated with Santa Ana winds in southern California, but with a twist.

LINK

======

He says CO2 has nothing to do with it as it is generated by natural forces.

Hmmmm............. I guess this qualifies as an extreme weather event;

About 78,000,000 results (0.48 seconds)

Search Results​

Weather Result​

Sunny

°F°C
Precipitation: 1%
Humidity: 68%
Wind: 1 mph
Portland, OR
Saturday 7:00 AM
Sunny

Sat
Sunny

107°
74°
Sun
Sunny

115°
80°
Mon
Sunny

114°
67°
Tue
Sunny

98°
64°
Wed
Partly cloudy

90°
62°
Thu
Partly cloudy

92°
62°
Fri
Sunny

94°
62°
Sat
Sunny

93°
62°

Today to next Friday:

LINK

Watts Up With That?

June 26. 2021

Excerpt:

The Reason for the Extreme Warmth on Monday–And My Podcast on the Heat Wave is Out​

I think I understand why the temperatures in western Oregon and Washington will be so stunningly extreme on Sunday and Monday.

A unique combination of factors will come together to make the unthinkable possible. Forget the “heat dome” explanations found in the Seattle Times and some media outlets, or those saying that the extreme heat can only be explained by global warming.

I will call the phenomenon a downslope heat surge on the western slopes of the Cascades.

A relative of the extreme heat associated with Santa Ana winds in southern California, but with a twist.

LINK

======

You're in the Tri-Cities??? If so, you guys are more used to triple digits than us on the westside, especially in S/E part of the state. Either way, try to keep cool & drink plenty of water

Search Results​

Weather Result​

Sunny

°F°C
Portland, OR
Sunny

Sat
Sunny

107°
74°
Sun
Sunny

115°
80°
Mon
Sunny

114°
67°
Tue
Sunny

98°
64°
Wed
Partly cloudy

90°
62°
Thu
Partly cloudy

92°
62°
Fri
Sunny

94°
62°
Sat
Sunny

93°
62°

Today to next Friday:

LINK

Watts Up With That?

June 26. 2021

Excerpt:

LINK

======

You're in the Tri-Cities??? If so, you guys are more used to triple digits than us on the westside, especially in S/E part of the state. Either way, try to keep cool & drink plenty of water

My SWAMP Cooler is already running as the low temperature was never below 75 F last night.

Search Results​

Weather Result​

Sunny

°F°C
Portland, OR
Sunny

Sat
Sunny

107°
74°
Sun
Sunny

115°
80°
Mon
Sunny

114°
67°
Tue
Sunny

98°
64°
Wed
Partly cloudy

90°
62°
Thu
Partly cloudy

92°
62°
Fri
Sunny

94°
62°
Sat
Sunny

93°
62°
temperature is not constant

In Seattle it's just over a 100 now, 108 forecast for Monday, the highest temperature every recorded in over a hundred years. That might not sound so bad to you but in the Seattle area less than 1/3 of the population has air conditioning. There has never been a need for it. The average high temperature in Seattle in June is 66. It is now now 101 and rising.

This morning a study was released of the drought in the west revealing that the the current drought is the beginning of a mega drought that could last decades. The last drought this bad was in 1200 AD.

Global Warming no, just typical weather changes. I wonder what climate change deniers will be saying when temperatures in the southwest are topping a 155 degrees in 2100.

When we first moved to Seattle in 1997, the high temp for year was 87 in August, the hottest month of the summer. Today the high is 101 in June the coolest month of the summer. I can hardly wait to what August will bring.

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW
Extreme weather events are not new. What is new is the increasing frequency over the last the last 20. From 2000 to 2019, there were 7,348 major natural disasters this compares to 4,212, the previous 20 years. Climate-related disasters jumped 83 percent.

In Seattle it's just over a 100 now, 108 forecast for Monday, the highest temperature every recorded in over a hundred years. That might not sound so bad to you but in the Seattle area less than 1/3 of the population has air conditioning. There has never been a need for it. The average high temperature in Seattle in June is 66. It is now now 101 and rising.

This morning a study was released of the drought in the west revealing that the the current drought is the beginning of a mega drought that could last decades. The last drought this bad was in 1200 AD.

Global Warming no, just typical weather changes. I wonder what climate change deniers will be saying when temperatures in the southwest are topping a 155 degrees in 2100.

When we first moved to Seattle in 1997, the high temp for year was 87 in August, the hottest month of the summer. Today the high is 101 in June the coolest month of the summer. I can hardly wait to what August will bring.
A 155 degrees?

Extreme weather events are not new. What is new is the increasing frequency over the last the last 20. From 2000 to 2019, there were 7,348 major natural disasters this compares to 4,212, the previous 20 years. Climate-related disasters jumped 83 percent.

LINK?

A 155 degrees?

He is being absurd as it is IMPOSSIBLE for that to happen.

The paper doesn't exist as the page of the link doesn't exist.

From your Yale link is this unsupported bullshite:

From 2000 to 2019, there were 7,348 major natural disasters around the world, killing 1.23 million people and resulting in $2.97 trillion in global economic losses.

By comparison, the previous 20-year period, 1980-1999, had 4,212 natural disasters, claiming 1.19 million lives and causing $1.63 trillion in economic losses

From HERE for the below sampling of official data:

Where Is The “Climate Emergency”?​

Here is the actual official data death rate for climate and none climate related events.

1624766589535.png

Storminess has not gone up, and there’s been no increase in hurricane strength or frequency … no “emergency” there.

maue-ace-2019-1.png

Global weather disaster losses as a percentage of assets at risk (global GDP) are decreasing, not increasing.
1624766819524.png

Very hot days in the US, over 100°F (38°F) were much higher in the 1930s than at any other time in the last 125 years.

extremely-hot-days.png

Strong tornadoes in the US are decreasing.

strong-to-violent-tornadoes.png

There are more in the link.

You destroyed your own argument. It was warmer 100 YEARS AGO!

Duh.

Forum List

Back