A true Mystery: Why do Republicans say they kept the country safe?

I've heard the Republicans claim over and over again they "kept the country safe". I can't figure out exactly what that means.

Some examples:

Republicans put at least 100,000 people into carcinogenic trailers after Katrina and then sat on the reports detailing why they were getting "sick".

FEMA Trailers for Katrina Victims Tainted by Toxic Chemical - ABC News

In 2007, a bridge collapsed during rush hour. This led to a report that at least 70,000 bridges in the US were a danger. What did Republicans do to alleviate this danger?

4 dead, 79 injured, 20 missing after dozens of vehicles plummet into river | StarTribune.com

More than 4000 young American patriots have been killed in Iraq. More than 30,000 injured or crippled. The Iraqis want us gone. A man who threw shoes at our president, one of the worst insults in Islam, became a "national hero" to the Iraqis. We are going bankrupt to rebuild a country that is now a religious theocracy by Constitution with Islam the "national religion" (Article 2) and want us gone. We have done nothing to help the million Christians who have been murdered or exiled.

40,000 Americans die each year because they have no health care. The Iraqis have the "public option" written into a constitution supported by American Republicans. See Article 31 and 32. What did Republicans do for health care here? Why do Republicans help the Iraqis, who don't even want help, but not the US?

Full Text of Iraqi Constitution - washingtonpost.com

Federal Spending Was on ‘Starvation Diet’ During Bush Years. That means the "infrastructure". Keeping roads and bridges and trains modern is very important to keeping Americans safe. Why nothing for the US? Don't we deserve a safe country?

CNSNews.com - Federal Spending Was on ‘Starvation Diet’ During Bush Years, Says Democratic Senator

So, I'm just trying to understand how Republicans kept America "safe". Throwing water at a "firecracker" when the house was burning was keeping us safe?

What are Republicans doing now to help "keep us safe"?

it all depends on the definition of what safe is.

Wow, you have to marvel at the true insight and keen intellect of Republican Master Debaters. Each and every one a cunning linguist.

Your comments throughout this thread have been filled with non-truths and logical fallacies. Who are you to criticize?

Sorry Spaz but the FACT is that the vast majority of tax cuts went to the wealthiest Americans.

Well of course they did. The wealthiest Americans pay the vast majority of income taxes. How are you going to cut taxes and not have the people paying the bulk of them see a decrease?

That wasn't what rdean said, however.

Gosh I don't know maybe you give the tax breaks to the MIDDLE CLASS instead of the WEALTHIEST 10% of Americans who DON'T NEED A TAX BREAK!!!

Maybe fully refundable tax credits for continued education. Maybe tax credits for medical costs for lower class people who have to choose to either pay bills or get needed medical treatment. Maybe tax credits for small business owners like my buddy's parents who are about to lose the bar that they own. Maybe tax credits for low income home owners who bought houses they could afford before losing their jobs so they can keep their homes through the bad times until they can find new jobs. Maybe more credits for improving energy efficiency of homes. I could go on and on and on with a hundred BETTER ways to cut taxes than to give them to the ULTRA WEALTHY!

Gosh I don't know maybe you give the tax breaks to the MIDDLE CLASS instead of the WEALTHIEST 10% of Americans who DON'T NEED A TAX BREAK!!!

Tax breaks to the middle class were exactly what they did. I'm middle class and my tax obligation went down. The child tax credits were doubled and even given to people who already had no Federal tax obligation. Tens of thousands of middle and lower middle class people were completely moved off of the tax rolls.

As far as the wealthiest 10% of Americans, who are you to determine what they need or don't need? The amount of money somebody else has, how they made it, and what they do with it is none of your business. You should spend more time improving your own situation instead of jealously seething over the fact that there are other people who have more than you. Maybe then you would be less bitter of a person.

Maybe fully refundable tax credits for continued education.

They already have the Hope credit. I claim it myself. I am currently working on my MBA.

Maybe tax credits for medical costs for lower class people who have to choose to either pay bills or get needed medical treatment.

How do you give a tax credit to someone who isn't paying taxes?

Maybe tax credits for small business owners like my buddy's parents who are about to lose the bar that they own.

I agree. I would love to see tax credits for small business owners. Why don't you get on the horn with Obama and tell him to actually do something that will fix the economy instead of fucking around with all of that wasteful and ineffective "stimulus" spending.

Maybe tax credits for low income home owners who bought houses they could afford before losing their jobs so they can keep their homes through the bad times until they can find new jobs.

Again, if they are low income they aren't paying taxes, so how do you give them a tax credit? Asking for a credit or a handout? Furthermore, a lot of those people shouldn't have qualified for a mortgage in the first place. That is precisely what lead to the economic crash we are experiencing. You can thank the politicians for that.

I could go on and on and on with a hundred BETTER ways to cut taxes than to give them to the ULTRA WEALTHY!

Wealthier Americans are also not entitled to what they work for? It is the "ultra wealthy" who invest and put capital into business entities all over the globe. It is that investment that allows companies to expand and put more people like you and me to work. The economy has recovered every time the Federal tax obligation has been cut because it stimulates more investment and growth in the marketplace. If I were Obama one of the first things I would have instructed Congress to do is temporarily suspend the Capital Gains tax for a year or two or however long is needed for employment to return to acceptable levels. Instead he went on a spending spree to a level never before seen in this nation's history and the economic environment has only gotten worse and stagnant and world wide confidence in the American dollar is at a historical and dangerous low.

The AVERAGE wage has gone down over the last decade. The AVERAGE American has LESS money while the cost of living has INCREASED. DO YOU FUCKING GET IT!!!??? So if you think I give a fuck about a BILLIONAIRE having to pay more income tax you are sadly mistaken.

"My life is a shit sandwich, so I LIKE making everyone else as miserable as I am!"

Hey, if you can live with the picture this paints of your character, I certainly can. By all means, wallow proudly in being a pusbag.

rdean = FUCKTARD

Hey asswipe... 40% of Americans don't pay income taxes... who'd you suggest we give tax cuts too? The 40 eprcenters who are laying on the 60 percenters' legs?

So you are saying the dems are a bunch of fucking IDIOTS.

Way to disingenuously conflate two entirely different topics. Tell me, did you have to take special classes to be such a dishonest sack of feces, or did it come naturally?

Between his knees? He already has his head between his ass cheeks.

That might be because the FACT is that the wealthiest Americans pay the most taxes.

How big a tax cut did you expect on your minimum wage?

Wow, you have to marvel at the true insight and keen intellect of Republican Master Debaters. Each and every one a cunning linguist.

I can't decide which is funnier: the fact that you think it cuts any of us to the quick to hear that we don't have the respect of someone we clearly wouldn't piss on if he were on fire, or the fact that you think you rate any more serious rejoinder than for us to mock you mercilessly.

Either way, you flatter yourself hugely.

Sorry Spaz but the FACT is that the vast majority of tax cuts went to the wealthiest Americans.

Well of course they did. The wealthiest Americans pay the vast majority of income taxes. How are you going to cut taxes and not have the people paying the bulk of them see a decrease?

That wasn't what rdean said, however.

You give the tax breaks to the PEOPLE WHO PAY TAXES. You can only cut so much for people who already are shifting most of the burden elsewhere.

Maybe fully refundable tax credits for continued education. Maybe tax credits for medical costs for lower class people who have to choose to either pay bills or get needed medical treatment. Maybe tax credits for small business owners like my buddy's parents who are about to lose the bar that they own. Maybe tax credits for low income home owners who bought houses they could afford before losing their jobs so they can keep their homes through the bad times until they can find new jobs. Maybe more credits for improving energy efficiency of homes. I could go on and on and on with a hundred BETTER ways to cut taxes than to give them to the ULTRA WEALTHY!

Maybe you ought to study the tax code a little closer, moron.

And by the way, it amuses the hell out of me that you're so viciously hateful and hostile toward rich people, and THEN get outraged that THEY aren't all warm and fuzzy and concerned about YOU. Can you give me one reason, from your own behavior, that they should lose money themselves in order to give YOU a job? If someone spat such nasty vituperation at ME, I would sure as hell take his job away and give it to someone less expensive who was more grateful for it.

rdean = FUCKTARD

Hey asswipe... 40% of Americans don't pay income taxes... who'd you suggest we give tax cuts too? The 40 eprcenters who are laying on the 60 percenters' legs?

So you are saying the dems are a bunch of fucking IDIOTS.

Way to disingenuously conflate two entirely different topics. Tell me, did you have to take special classes to be such a dishonest sack of feces, or did it come naturally?

Between his knees? He already has his head between his ass cheeks.

That might be because the FACT is that the wealthiest Americans pay the most taxes.

How big a tax cut did you expect on your minimum wage?

I can't decide which is funnier: the fact that you think it cuts any of us to the quick to hear that we don't have the respect of someone we clearly wouldn't piss on if he were on fire, or the fact that you think you rate any more serious rejoinder than for us to mock you mercilessly.

Either way, you flatter yourself hugely.

You mock me? Now that is funny. Funny and sad. Sad for you because we both know you are "nothing". Funny, because I know you can't possibly have been "cut". Republicans are like children's scissors, cute, colorful, not too sharp.

a true mystery: why is rdean such a stupid fuck?
genetics or environment?

Maybe you ought to study the tax code a little closer, moron.

And by the way, it amuses the hell out of me that you're so viciously hateful and hostile toward rich people, and THEN get outraged that THEY aren't all warm and fuzzy and concerned about YOU. Can you give me one reason, from your own behavior, that they should lose money themselves in order to give YOU a job? If someone spat such nasty vituperation at ME, I would sure as hell take his job away and give it to someone less expensive who was more grateful for it.

Why do you care? You're not rich. Rich doesn't mean living in a trailer that you owe three months back rent on. But don't worry, your mom's not going to throw you out. She would rather have you out there than in the house.

a true mystery: why is rdean such a stupid fuck?
genetics or environment?

Oh stop. You don't even know what those words mean except one. And you were told to stop doing that to the dog over an hour ago. You must be exhausted.

For whatever criteria the Republicans think they kept America safe, the truth is, under the Bush administration, more Americans died than anytime since Vietnam.

Civilian Casualties in WWI - 700

Civilian Casualties WWII - 1,700

Civilian Casualties WTC - 2,752

World War I casualties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

World War II casualties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CNN.com - New York reduces 9/11 death toll by 40 - Oct. 29, 2003

Germany - defeated

Japan - defeated

Bin Laden - ignored

Regardless of whether Bush or Clinton was "responsible" for 9/11, the truth is, it happened on Bush's watch and he let Bin Laden go. If he wanted to go after Saddam, fine, he should have done that later, but his FIRST responsibility was to get the guy that killed more Civilian Americans than WWI and WWII PUT TOGETHER.

There is no way for Republicans to wriggle out of that. No out. No excuse. No finger pointing.

Bin Laden killed more American Civilians than WWI and WWII put together and Bin Laden was ignored. Bush said, "I don't think about him". And Republicans never disagreed. Republicans let the country down and they let Bin Laden go to plan more attacks. THEY DID NOT KEEP THE COUNTRY SAFE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back