A simple statement:

The results indicate that it voting already is easier:
2020 U.S. election:
155 MILLION votes cast

2020 U.S. shootings:
53,700 (including 17,400 shooting deaths)

You’ll find that if you go back year by year that the proportion doesn’t change much.

I should be able to do it from home on my computer just like when I buy stuff.
That might be a little over the top.
Hardly since I am already verified with several governmental agencies via my IP addy.
An ingress IP address isn’t NEARLY sufficient to validate the identity of a voter, it’s far to easy to alter (proxies, VPN, TOR, etc..,) and doesn’t have any viable mechanism to validate who’s actually sitting behind the keyboard.

Voting should be easier than shooting someone.

Yes or no?

Voting is too easy already. The easier you make it to vote, the more stupid and politically ignorant people vote evidenced by this last presidential election.

If it were up to me, no early voting; voting is on one day only. You would have to present very reliable identification. You would have to take a simple and short test before being handed a ballot to make sure you have the minimum knowledge to be able to vote. The only mail-in voting would be restricted to people who cannot be in town that day, the mentally or physically challenged people who don't have the ability to stand in line or at the voting table.

Yes or no?

Voting is too easy already. The easier you make it to vote, the more stupid and politically ignorant people vote evidenced by this last presidential election.

If it were up to me, no early voting; voting is on one day only. You would have to present very reliable identification. You would have to take a simple and short test before being handed a ballot to make sure you have the minimum knowledge to be able to vote. The only mail-in voting would be restricted to people who cannot be in town that day, the mentally or physically challenged people who don't have the ability to stand in line or at the voting table.
Ray, why get rid of early voting if you’re going to put a civics test in place before allowing someone to vote?

I agree on the basic civics test, but do not see the need to eliminate early voting if you put one in place. Early voting not only makes it more convenient for the voter, it makes it easier for employers and poll staff to handle as well.

When I saw the title of this post and saw it was Crepitus, it made perfect sense, since he is incapable of anything that ISN'T simple.

My own reaction, though, is that if his idea of "difficult" is getting a free I.D., he is setting the bar at such a place that he must believe an entire segment of the population is as stunted intellectually as he.

Ray, why get rid of early voting if you’re going to put a civics test in place before allowing someone to vote?

I agree on the basic civics test, but do not see the need to eliminate early voting if you put one in place. Early voting not only makes it more convenient for the voter, it makes it easier for employers and poll staff to handle as well.

If it were up to me, voting would be a national holiday just like Memorial day or Independence day. People could vote morning, noon or night. I would also like to see people able to take their ballots home with them, fill them out in their car, at work, whatever. When you bring the ballot back, present ID, take the short and simple test, and then feed the ballot into the ballot reader. Then again also if it were up to me, we'd get rid of technology in voting. It's way too easy to rig the system with technology.

If it were up to me, voting would be a national holiday just like Memorial day or Independence day. People could vote morning, noon or night. I would also like to see people able to take their ballots home with them, fill them out in their car, at work, whatever. When you bring the ballot back, present ID, take the short and simple test, and then feed the ballot into the ballot reader. Then again also if it were up to me, we'd get rid of technology in voting. It's way too easy to rig the system with technology.
It already kind of is a “national holiday” given that Employers are required by law to give employees time off to go and vote.

The problem IMHO is, many employers don’t provide time off for holidays (e.g. the entire hospitality industry), so what they end up with is a massive loss of staff on voting day that represents a significant cost to compensate for. I already see this being abused (employees requesting time off that have no intention of voting). You also have the issue with overworked staffers at polling locations trying to handle the very high volumes on Election Day. Lastly you have our busy daily schedules that often prohibit being able to block out hours of time on a single day to stand in long lines in order to vote.

It already kind of is a “national holiday” given that Employers are required by law to give employees time off to go and vote.

The problem IMHO is, many employers don’t provide time off for holidays (e.g. the entire hospitality industry), so what they end up with is a massive loss of staff on voting day that represents a significant cost to compensate for. I already see this being abused (employees requesting time off that have no intention of voting). You also have the issue with overworked staffers at polling locations trying to handle the very high volumes on Election Day. Lastly you have our busy daily schedules that often prohibit being able to block out hours of time on a single day to stand in long lines in order to vote.

Yes, not all people are off on holidays, not even for Christmas. But like I said, mail-in would be allowable for such people if they cannot get to the polls. The employer would have to sign a federal form punishable by law for incorrect information, and that employees schedule will then not be interrupted.

The best system we had for voting was punch card ballots. We were forced to get rid of them because Democrats were too stupid to figure out how to use them. If anything, it's time to bring them back.

Yes or no?
voting is easier,, all you do is walk in show ID and vote,,

to shoot someone you have to first work to get money to buy a gun which takes days or weeks depending on the gun, and then you have to go and find what you want and fill out a background check if its an FFL and wait to see if you pass, sometimes it takes days or weeks,
and then you have to wait for days weeks, months or yrs for someone to put your life in danger that would require shooting them,

so yeah voting is far easier to do than shoot someone,,

Yes, not all people are off on holidays, not even for Christmas. But like I said, mail-in would be allowable for such people if they cannot get to the polls. The employer would have to sign a federal form punishable by law for incorrect information, and that employees schedule will then not be interrupted.

The best system we had for voting was punch card ballots. We were forced to get rid of them because Democrats were too stupid to figure out how to use them. If anything, it's time to bring them back.
I think you’re forgetting one important consideration, you want a basic civics test, how’s administering that and validating results going to work if it all has to be done on a single day? Seems to me in order to do it, you would need to EXTEND early voting windows not eliminate them, since it would require people to physically show up at the polls, unless of course you’re up for allowing everybody to mail in their tests or rely on registration outlets to administer them.

Forum List

Back