A Reminder to Left: Why Trump Won

Did i ever say Trump won in a "landslide"?

Again, you crow over beating a flawed candidate after the democrat MSM pulled a fast one and sat on a story until the Republicans co do nothing to fix the situation.

Trump got the same sex accusations that Moore did, and yet Trump managed to win.

Quit using that to defend your hero Roy Moore.

Trump never got accused of gunning for underaged girls.

Roy Moore is an asshole, but It's not my place to tell the people of Alabama not to elect an asshole. That your side had to resort to using your lapdog press to torpedo him speaks more to how much they didn't like your own candidate than what it says about moore.

He was 'torpedoed' in the Alabama press.

The Washington Post is based in Alabama?

You think the average Joe in Alabama reads the Washington Post? Are you that retarded?

The Wapo broke the story, the National media took on the rest of the task.

Alabama doesn't get CNN?

the people who don't give a shit what their side does but wants to execute you for jaywalking is what the biggest issue is today. we've lost a sense of justice in an effort to be emotionally correct, supported via the news and like minds patting us on the back saying YEA when attack mode is on.

the need to have 24x7 attack mode on is what is such bullshit anymore.

My sig at the bottom often can apply to both sides, but currently the left is the "champion" of "we know whats better for you better than you do"
both sides can tend to dig in and go nuts. i don't see the right do it as much but that's likely cause i'm more "on" the right - but they do it too.

when i was like 7 years old vietnam was coming to an end. college violence like we've seen lately was common and from what i recall, worse. but what always stuck out was the basic mantra was GIVE US PEACE OR WE WILL KICK YOUR ASS. i didn't call it "liberal" or "progressive" then, just stupid. even at 7 i could see the contradiction in the methods "adults" were using.

right now we look to beat up the other side as some moral victory we can cherish til we realize that last post that was "oh so clear" in how stupid the "other" side was fell on deaf ears and another excuse came to life to justify why hypocrisy is ok for "their" side.

common ground. wish we'd look for that first. wish we'd NOT look to tell people how stupid they are and instead listen up a bit in how right they may be. but that also goes with "drop the arrogance" out of the tone or it's just another internet argument firing up.

Trump won because he ran against the most corrupt and flawed candidate is modern US history. A candidate who basically quit campaigning in September.

And despite those facts and a well timed FBI announcement Trump still lost the popular vote and won the EC by one of the smallest margins of victory in the history of the country.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

"One of the smallest" is a bit of a stretch, considering it isn't even in the top 10.

the people who don't give a shit what their side does but wants to execute you for jaywalking is what the biggest issue is today. we've lost a sense of justice in an effort to be emotionally correct, supported via the news and like minds patting us on the back saying YEA when attack mode is on.

My sig at the bottom often can apply to both sides, but currently the left is the "champion" of "we know whats better for you better than you do"
both sides can tend to dig in and go nuts. i don't see the right do it as much but that's likely cause i'm more "on" the right - but they do it too.

when i was like 7 years old vietnam was coming to an end. college violence like we've seen lately was common and from what i recall, worse. but what always stuck out was the basic mantra was GIVE US PEACE OR WE WILL KICK YOUR ASS. i didn't call it "liberal" or "progressive" then, just stupid. even at 7 i could see the contradiction in the methods "adults" were using.

right now we look to beat up the other side as some moral victory we can cherish til we realize that last post that was "oh so clear" in how stupid the "other" side was fell on deaf ears and another excuse came to life to justify why hypocrisy is ok for "their" side.

common ground. wish we'd look for that first. wish we'd NOT look to tell people how stupid they are and instead listen up a bit in how right they may be. but that also goes with "drop the arrogance" out of the tone or it's just another internet argument firing up.

I think the difference is that the moralists on the right had their shot in the 80's and early 90's and lost. From the Music hearings, to the Moral majority the backlash from the libertine eras of the 60's and 70's petered out without much of an impact.

It's ironic that we are now seeing most of the puritan/victorian preening coming from the left. The difference is the Moral Majority people wanted to apply the same standards across the board, the current crop of people seeking to control how others act have added identity politics to the mix, and now who or what you are dictates how much you can get away with.

Trump won because he ran against the most corrupt and flawed candidate is modern US history. A candidate who basically quit campaigning in September.

And despite those facts and a well timed FBI announcement Trump still lost the popular vote and won the EC by one of the smallest margins of victory in the history of the country.

"One of the smallest" is a bit of a stretch, considering it isn't even in the top 10.

I think number 10 out of 56 qualifies as one of the smallest ever.

But whatever word you wish to use it was not an emphatic victory.

I think number 10 out of 56 qualifies as one of the smallest ever.

But whatever word you wish to use it was not an emphatic victory.

It was actually 13, and except for one, the bottom #39 to the end were all below 60% margin.

The fact he won at all was pretty emphatic.

I think the difference is that the moralists on the right had their shot in the 80's and early 90's and lost. From the Music hearings, to the Moral majority the backlash from the libertine eras of the 60's and 70's petered out without much of an impact.

It's ironic that we are now seeing most of the puritan/victorian preening coming from the left. The difference is the Moral Majority people wanted to apply the same standards across the board, the current crop of people seeking to control how others act have added identity politics to the mix, and now who or what you are dictates how much you can get away with.
the answers, as usual when you calm down, are found in the middle. but when you only see the world as binary, me right, you wrong, you miss the billions of shades of gray lost in the in-between.

Here's the whole thing because I really don't want you to hesitate about clicking on a link:

From the Spectator

It happened because you banned super-size sodas. And smoking in parks. And offensive ideas on campus. Because you branded people who oppose gay marriage ‘homophobic’, and people unsure about immigration ‘racist’. Because you treated owning a gun and never having eaten quinoa as signifiers of fascism. Because you thought correcting people’s attitudes was more important than finding them jobs. Because you turned ‘white man’ from a description into an insult. Because you used slurs like ‘denier’ and ‘dangerous’ against anyone who doesn’t share your eco-pieties. Because you treated dissent as hate speech and criticism of Obama as extremism. Because you talked more about gender-neutral toilets than about home repossessions. Because you beatified Caitlyn Jenner. Because you policed people’s language, rubbished their parenting skills, took the piss out of their beliefs. Because you cried when someone mocked the Koran but laughed when they mocked the Bible. Because you said criticising Islam is Islamophobia. Because you kept telling people, ‘You can’t think that, you can’t say that, you can’t do that.’ Because you turned politics from something done by and for people to something done to them, for their own good. Because you treated people like trash. And people don’t like being treated like trash. Trump happened because of you.
The Left’s condescending smears are widely illustrated in social media. Stuart Rothenberg, senior editor at Inside Elections, brought the haterade to the people of West Virginia.

The Dems and their political tools in the media and academia are pretty adept at marginalizing people who don’t fit with their arrogant world view. The only people who support the GOP, the Tea Party, and especially Trump, are ‘dirty ignorant redneck hillbilly inbred crackers’.

Stereotypes are very unPC unless the target is despised by the Left. That usually means white working class people. Minorities, on the other hand, are patronized and exploited for their vote.

Rothenberg’s dismissive sneer at poor whites is an excellent example of why Trump was elected and will likely be reelected.

Another tactic of the Left is to incessantly harp on the wealth of Trump’s family. In spite of setbacks, bankruptcies, and recessions, he made bold business decisions that always helped him bounce back.

They conveniently forget that Dem politicians are not impoverished. Hillary and Bubba’s shady business deals and the corrupt money laundering/pay for political favors Clinton Foundation, have lined their pockets with millions of dollars.

Ten of the wealthiest people in Congress are Dems. The Top 20 Richest People in America (from Forbes Top 100) reveals that a full 60% are actually Democrats.

We elected Trump because we’re sick of the status quo; the swamp needs draining. We want him to do everything he can to reverse the damage Barky and the Dems did to America.

Right now, he’s doing just that.

After 40 years of Dems using accusations of bigotry, sexism, racism, and exploiting minorities, Americans are fed up with the shit. It’s worn thin.

So, to all the tantrum-throwing children and thugs: Hillary (thank god) lost. The only thing for you to do now is jump in front of a train.

The OP is spot on; but now for the reality------------> why Trump and the Republicans will win again, or lose.

It all has to do with the collusion/delusion, period! If come January 3rd or thereabout that it was all a fabrication using the dossier, the left might as well close up shop until 2022.

Why------------>because the only thing masking the economy and the taxbreak, is the MSMs insistence on the collusion/delusion being covered constantly. If the script is flipped as it appears it will be, the MSM/left have few talking points. What are they gonna say; oh never mind about the delusion since our peeps are caught in it, and our side got busted........or maybe, vote for us, we want to raise your taxes, and have open borders, lol.

No folks, it is all the collusion/delusion. Whomever wins this battle, and since the FBI and DOJ are hiding everything they can from congress, it is apparent to anyone with any logic, the race is on for the facts. Who will win! Since Trump can declassify it at any time, I would say no matter how hard the left tries, they are going to lose!

They beat a guy they accused of being a pervert 2 months before the election, and after he couldn't be removed from the ballot, and they only beat him by 1.5%.

That ain't winning, that's getting a quick gotcha moment.

That was one of the reactions I predicted before that election, in the event Moore lost.

...btw...your 'only 1.5%' line is priceless, given how much we hear about the Trump 'landslide'.

Again, you crow over beating a flawed candidate after the democrat MSM pulled a fast one and sat on a story until the Republicans co do nothing to fix the situation.

Trump got the same sex accusations that Moore did, and yet Trump managed to win.

Roy Moore is an asshole, but It's not my place to tell the people of Alabama not to elect an asshole. That your side had to resort to using your lapdog press to torpedo him speaks more to how much they didn't like your own candidate than what it says about moore.

Trump admitted to going into the changing rooms of teenage beauty contestants.

He was in charge of the beauty pageants and entered in the company of others in charge and producers. Open dressing rooms are not even considered to be "private" and those using them, along with their parents/guardians, are well aware of that.

That was one of the reactions I predicted before that election, in the event Moore lost.

...btw...your 'only 1.5%' line is priceless, given how much we hear about the Trump 'landslide'.

He was in charge of the beauty pageants and entered in the company of others in charge and producers. Open dressing rooms are not even considered to be "private" and those using them, along with their parents/guardians, are well aware of that.

Jesus Christ you people can come up with an excuse for anything!

Not an excuse, reality.

66_zpsgetuzo0e.gif~original

As they become more intolerant and stamp out free speech, they will alienate and destroy themselves. They're already reviled.

I TOTALLY agree. The Dems will be energized in 2020 & their forces of HATE & FASCISM will be out in full force! So is Trump going to win re-election in 2020??

Not an excuse, reality.

It's a reality that they have 'open' dressing rooms at the Miss Teen America pageant where anyone connected with that pageant is free to walk into?

I'd like to see some credible evidence of that.

Not an excuse, reality.

So you take the position that men of power and privilege should be able to take advantage of that status to exploit young girls...

eek!

Not an excuse, reality.

It's a reality that they have 'open' dressing rooms at the Miss Teen America pageant where anyone connected with that pageant is free to walk into?

I'd like to see some credible evidence of that.

No, you wouldn't, because it would ruin your narrative.

Not an excuse, reality.

So you take the position that men of power and privilege should be able to take advantage of that status to exploit young girls...

eek!

bill Clinton did it. do you "eek" about his exploits? or condone them?

Not an excuse, reality.

eek!

Considering that most of those guys are on your side, and idiots like you let it be kept hidden for decades due to political expediency, your sudden Victorian Vapors attacks seem a bid hypocritical.

Forum List

Back