A reminder of what caused the economic collapse of 2008: Democrat policies

Isn't it entertaining to watch little truthmatters go ballistic when Democrats are revealed as the perpetrators behind the 2008 financial crisis? He's spewing dozens of posts, not waiting for replies, calling everyone names, changing the subject, and ignoring what was cited to show his party's guilt.

More fun than a barrel of monkeys.........! :D

No it's not funny to see someone squirm with such dishonesty.

THe wealthy bankersters in this country devised this little plan to get at mioney they could not previously get at.

HOME EQUITY

They could do all this lying and rolling becuase the day to day Brokers they had were left UNREGULATED by the Bush SEC right up until a couple of days before the crash

Why do you keep ignoring the fact that the Clinton SEC did the same thing for 14 months?

Isn't it entertaining to watch little truthmatters go ballistic when Democrats are revealed as the perpetrators behind the 2008 financial crisis? He's spewing dozens of posts, not waiting for replies, calling everyone names, changing the subject, and ignoring what was cited to show his party's guilt.

refute any of these facts gilligan

go away the adults are talking you racist

Ladies and gentlement I give you the liberal argument against conservatives. When debate breaks down due to their bad faith they resort to emotionally charged claims without explanation.

:rolleyes:

The buildup to the largest, deepest, widest and most complicated financial meltdown ever was due to far more than the actions of one political party. This was, and remains, a cultural issue, not a political issue, regardless of how much fun it is to point fingers at "the other guys".

Foolishness is all this is. Where's the details of the globalization of the economy, expanding markets in India and China, the dynamics of the Russian economy, etc and etc. There's more to this than any of us can even read about in one lifetime. Again, simple minds need simple answers.

who was it that stripped the home equity out of people homes and did great during the crash?

It was perpitrated on us and you zombies would just line up for more next time.

refute some of these facts instead of just saying in unionson

"I dont like TM"

Why did the Bush SEC hold back the Broker rules if not for why I say they did?

It is undenieable fact they did it.

What was the reasoning then?

give us the reason they did it if its different from what I say?

come on all you self professed experts?

GIVE an answer

Isn't that cute?

He desperately ignores all the quotes, references, and timelines presented in the original post...

...but insists that everyone must read and accept HIS "facts"... and demands that they refute HIM!

Classic liberal deflection and denial. :cuckoo:

I would present evidence; however, when I do you will just shake it off, ignore it, and say “He’s a con.” That’s not debate. That’s squirming around and it is neither honest nor fun. No matter what is presented to you, you will just attack the source of the information without touching the information itself. You have shown a pattern of this behavior and I am not interested in working to have an honest conversation only to see you show off your ignorance.

The fact that NOT ONE PERSON has ever even attempted to anwer that question no matter how many times I ask it is very telling

I would present evidence; however, when I do you will just shake it off, ignore it, and say “He’s a con.” That’s not debate. That’s squirming around and it is neither honest nor fun. No matter what is presented to you, you will just attack the source of the information without touching the information itself. You have shown a pattern of this behavior and I am not interested in working to have an honest conversation only to see you show off your ignorance.

then link to me where you have done so in the past.

Ill go read it

Why did the Bush SEC hold back the Broker rules if not for why I say they did?

It is undenieable fact they did it.

What was the reasoning then?

give us the reason they did it if its different from what I say?

come on all you self professed experts?

GIVE an answer

Dude, the experts don't even completely understand what all happened. The people involved don't even know the whole picture. Anyone who thinks they have it figured out is full of shit.

That's the usual dodge thrown up by Democrats after it's been demonstrated that they blew it, and got caught.

But in fact, as extensive videos and references show, It was Democrats who were almost exclusively behind efforts to expand the number of mortgage loans to people who were considered risky borrowers, and drive the program nationwide to get votes; and throttle Republican attempts to sound alarms, regulate the process, etc.

I'm not a Democrat, but I am a financial advisor, CFP ChFC CLU 7/65.

Yours is a shallow, simplistic, transparently partisan argument.

Have fun with it.

Interestingly, you do not refute its accuracy.

I'm questioning its completeness. It's one part of the story, and he's pretending it's the whole story. As I clearly pointed out, there's much more to it.

You do understand the distinction, yes?

What's with these ridiculous talking points? Do you think that the (racist) GOP was behind this push to increase minority home ownership?
Yes, it was Bush's main 2004 campaign theme.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYvtvcBKgIQ]Home Ownership and President Bush - YouTube[/ame]

USATODAY.com - Bush seeks to increase minority homeownership
USATODAY.com - Bush seeks to increase minority homeownership

Bush seeks to increase minority homeownership
By Thomas A. Fogarty, USA TODAY

In a bid to boost minority homeownership, President Bush will ask Congress for authority to eliminate the down-payment requirement for Federal Housing Administration loans.

In announcing the plan Monday at a home builders show in Las Vegas, Federal Housing Commissioner John Weicher called the proposal the "most significant FHA initiative in more than a decade." It would lead to 150,000 first-time owners annually, he said.

Nothing-down options are available on the private mortgage market, but, in general, they require the borrower to have pristine credit. Bush's proposed change would extend the nothing-down option to borrowers with blemished credit.

The FHA isn't a direct lender, but guarantees loan payments for mortgages on moderately priced owner-occupied property. The FHA guarantee now permits private lenders to finance as much as 97% of the purchase price of a home for millions of low- and middle-income borrowers.

In the proposal soon to be delivered to Congress, Bush would allow the FHA to guarantee loans for the full purchase price of the home, plus down-payment costs. As a practical matter, the FHA would guarantee mortgages as high as 103% of the value of the underlying property.

there was alot to it.

the banks saw the current system and said " gee you know how we could make a killing in this given situation".

and they did

Pretending that a crime was not perpitrated on the people is jsut horseshit.

want me to go get the prosicutions

By the beginning of 2008, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had bought up over $4 trillion in mortgages, roughly one-quarter of which was risky sub-prime mortgage paper. With interest rates rising, these rickety homeowners started defaulting on their loans. Only about 2% of them defaulted by January 2008, but the effect was disastrous. Banks began to get leery of lending money to each other, knowing that their fellow banks held substantial assets that might default and become worthless, thus making the banks unable to pay back their loans to each other.

And now the Democrats are doing the same things, all over again.

Here we go again....!

Forum List

Back