A question about I.C.E.

So, this is a new agency, part of the multiple layers of government and bureaucracy that was added after 9/11.

We as a country survived and thrived for 227 years without ICE, why is it now the linchpin to our very survival as a county?

They have a budget of more than 6 billion dollars a year, what do we get for that money? Does anyone have any stats on the return we are getting for that money since ICE was started in 2003?

See how the far left will rewrite history?

Silly far left drones forget about the INS..

Immigration and Naturalization Service - Wikipedia

You are not very bright, are you?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Oh my the irony impaired far left drones and their comments!

See you show the far left facts and they will deny them every time..

So since the far left wants to hide and cover this fact, more will be posted..

The United States Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) was an agency of the U.S. Department of Labor from 1933 to 1940 and the U.S. Department of Justice from 1940 to 2003.

Referred to by some as former INS[2] and by others as legacy INS, the agency ceased to exist under that name on March 1, 2003, when most of its functions were transferred to three new entities – U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) – within the newly created Department of Homeland Security, as part of a major government reorganization following the September 11 attacks of 2001.

So, this is a new agency, part of the multiple layers of government and bureaucracy that was added after 9/11.

We as a country survived and thrived for 227 years without ICE, why is it now the linchpin to our very survival as a county?

They have a budget of more than 6 billion dollars a year, what do we get for that money? Does anyone have any stats on the return we are getting for that money since ICE was started in 2003?

We know you aren’t that’s for fking sure
He's just looking for a political angle to make the Abolish ICE movement look justified.........which it is not.........

Damage Control............the far left unhinged............Americans will not go with that..............hope they keep chanting it.......political suicide unless your in a blue district of unhinged souls.

Dump ICE, the Patriot Act, Homeland Security. Force the Gov to once again honor the 4th Amendment.
Agreed.

The terrorists won when they forced us to give up our freedom.

Actually, they lost when we forfeited some of out freedoms. Had we not done that, they would be carrying out 9/11-style attacks every week.

No, they won. Their whole goal was to change our way of life, and by handing over our rights and freedoms, they did just that.

Need I remind you of the quote...Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Better to have your habits and way of life changed a little, than to die in a terrorist attack. Like was once said: "We sleep soundly in our beds at night only because of rough men (and women) who are willing to do violence on our behalf."

Or something like that.
Shit, people didn’t use to lock their doors! GG fk is just that

I don't lock my door. . . .

:dunno:

The United States Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) was an agency of the U.S. Department of Labor from 1933 to 1940 and the U.S. Department of Justice from 1940 to 2003.

Referred to by some as former INS[2] and by others as legacy INS, the agency ceased to exist under that name on March 1, 2003, when most of its functions were transferred to three new entities – U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) – within the newly created Department of Homeland Security, as part of a major government reorganization following the September 11 attacks of 2001.

Thanks for proving I was correct, ICE was created in 2003.

You are the best!

Now, is there any indication that the 3 new agencies are doing the job better than the one they replaced?

You are the best!

Now, is there any indication that the 3 new agencies are doing the job better than the one they replaced?

See how the far left will try and spin this? They forget about the immigration laws, they forget about the INS and pretend that no enforcement is needed.

See the far left does not want the borders enforced, yet the US has a long history of legal immigration.

History of laws concerning immigration and naturalization in the United States - Wikipedia

You are the best!

I think you just triggered A LOT of folks that are really adamant about eliminating illegal immigration and securing the border.

If you had made the same post and wrote; get rid of the corrupt DHS, build the wall, and streamline the INS. . .

All of them probably would have given you a gold star. Because, let's face it, ICE has a major public relations problem, and is a disaster at this point. Like ICE, DHS is corrupt and has done more to invade our privacy, threaten our liberty, and harm us then it has done to keep us safe.

I'm all for bringing back INS.

You are the best!

See how the far left will try and spin this? They forget about the immigration laws, they forget about the INS and pretend that no enforcement is needed.

See the far left does not want the borders enforced, yet the US has a long history of legal immigration.

History of laws concerning immigration and naturalization in the United States - Wikipedia

I have not ever said border enforcement is not needed, in fact I have argued for years to put the military on the border and let them defend this country for a change.

As your link above pointed out, ICE is a result of the reaction to 9/11. Very little of the knee jerk reaction to 9/11 has turned out well. TSA is a disaster, the PATRIOT Act removed freedoms and rights. DHS is an abomination that is too big to be useful.

Why are you sheep so afraid to look at things and see if they are doing what they are supposed to be doing?

You are the best!

I think you just triggered A LOT of folks that are really adamant about eliminating illegal immigration and securing the border.

If you had made the same post and wrote; get rid of the corrupt DHS, build the wall, and streamline the INS. . .

All of them probably would have given you a gold star. Because, let's face it, ICE has a major public relations problem, and is a disaster at this point. Like ICE, DHS is corrupt and has done more to invade our privacy, threaten our liberty, and harm us then it has done to keep us safe.

It is amazing how dug in people get. It is like ICE is the only thing keeping the US in existence.

Partisan sheep are so irrational.

The original purpose for ICE was to track down people who entered on visas and didn't leave and who were potential terrorists, like the 9-11 hijackers, and if anyone is really interested that was not the only terrorist attack done by people who entered as students or something and attacked us while being here illegally overstaying visas. And I'm not so sure that just focusing on high tech skills to choose who gets to come here is really the best test.

But ICE as it originated could call on local cops who are as interested in stopping crimes as anyone. And deporting gang members probably appeals to local cops too. But when it comes to using resources to jail dishwashers and gardeners who got a dui ... well ICE is paying local sheriffs to keep people locked up

The immigration system is broken, and ICE is just one facet of the failure. Today ICE is just the topic dejour for both political edge groups.
Illegal sanctuary cities are to blame!

You are the best!

I have not ever said border enforcement is not needed, in fact I have argued for years to put the military on the border and let them defend this country for a change.

As your link above pointed out, ICE is a result of the reaction to 9/11. Very little of the knee jerk reaction to 9/11 has turned out well. TSA is a disaster, the PATRIOT Act removed freedoms and rights. DHS is an abomination that is too big to be useful.

Why are you sheep so afraid to look at things and see if they are doing what they are supposed to be doing?

See how the far left just drone on and on with their religious dogma?

Still no real solutions from the far left, just propaganda.

I would like to see Border patrol, Customs, and ICE all rolled into one organization.

Newsflash: They are! It's called Homeland Security!

Newsflash, they AREN'T. They are separate entities under the over all umbrella of HS. They need to be ONE entity, with ONE director and one group of bureaucrats. Not three of everything.

You are the best!

It is amazing how dug in people get. It is like ICE is the only thing keeping the US in existence.

Yes the far left is very irrational as you keep proving!

The original purpose for ICE was to track down people who entered on visas and didn't leave and who were potential terrorists, like the 9-11 hijackers, and if anyone is really interested that was not the only terrorist attack done by people who entered as students or something and attacked us while being here illegally overstaying visas. And I'm not so sure that just focusing on high tech skills to choose who gets to come here is really the best test.

But ICE as it originated could call on local cops who are as interested in stopping crimes as anyone. And deporting gang members probably appeals to local cops too. But when it comes to using resources to jail dishwashers and gardeners who got a dui ... well ICE is paying local sheriffs to keep people locked up

The immigration system is broken, and ICE is just one facet of the failure. Today ICE is just the topic dejour for both political edge groups.

“But when it comes to using resources to jail dishwashers and gardeners who got a dui ... well ICE is paying local sheriffs to keep people locked up”

Sooo, the Left and twisted politicians, many of whom are anchor babies and barely American get to decide how our laws are enforced?
They arbitrarily decide this shit?
Are there different levels of “illegal aliens”? A dishwasher or a gardener aren’t quite as illegal as a gang member?
Do you hear how retarded this all sounds?
You want your local sheriff to use local tax dollars to jail people who would be released for a crime they were arrested for if they were not undocumented, you are certainly free to pursue that politically.

But holding undocumented aliens costs local LE money, makes jails less safe, and puts the jails in legal peril. I'm sorry that doesn't fit with your chaffed LOSER ass.

ICE, 17 FL sheriffs announce new enforcement partnership

Some jails find the ICE money worth the effort. Some don't
Funny these illegal fks are so bad they make jails unsafe. Holy fk, and you dufus blow hards want them on the streets. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

I would like to see Border patrol, Customs, and ICE all rolled into one organization.

Newsflash, they AREN'T. They are separate entities under the over all umbrella of HS. They need to be ONE entity, with ONE director and one group of bureaucrats. Not three of everything.
My company has different departments under one name! Why are they different exactly?

You are the best!

The problem my little statist sheep is that I am right of you, as evidenced by your refusal to hold government accountable.

Now go stick your head back up Trump’s ass and wait for your next talking points email

These people love their big government, do not try and change it.

My company has different departments under one name! Why are they different exactly?

Three different Directors, and three different sets of bureaucrats pushing paper.

Three different Directors, and three different sets of bureaucrats pushing paper.
Yep, we have many many directors and many Vice Presidents under on CEO and many stockholders

You are the best!

The problem my little statist sheep is that I am right of you, as evidenced by your refusal to hold government accountable.

Now go stick your head back up Trump’s ass and wait for your next talking points email

Yes many on the far left make such arguments, but when those claiming to be on the right use far left religious dogma, well that defeats any claims they make about being on the "right".

Before Trump and under Obama, why did you far left drones not try and abolish ICE then? Why not change things then? The GOP gave Obama what he wanted after they took power so why not this?

Forum List

Back