A Poor Deer Killed itself

Sigh, put a .22 round (or whatever) between the eye and ear. Lights out.

At this point it's going to die of stress anyway.

We dfon't put people down when they are seriously injured,buty I do know its different and time is running out if it doesn't get better, its just so full of life except it can't use it front legs.

We dfon't put people down when they are seriously injured,buty I do know its different and time is running out if it doesn't get better, its just so full of life except it can't use it front legs.

I had a sparrow that I thought was a goner -- it had flown into my house while I wasn't watching and ran into the glass door trying to get back out. I was really sure it was nearly gone so I picked it up and put it out on the deck and kept the dog away while I tried to figure out what to do with it, and after about five minutes it simply flew away.

I pray your deer is just stunned.

Thank you for caring so much.

hubby is going to have a couple beers and use the 22. I called wildlife Fish & Game,they gave us permission to do what we need to.
Why do the kindest animals get killed the most?Not that I want any animals to die.
He will clean her and put in freezer for us or dogs.:icon_cry:

Saw a deer running full tilt and hit a corner post on a barb wire fence.
It was totally paralyzed, used one of my doe tags and shot it.
When we went to clean it it was obvious she was a goner, there were three vertebrae in her neck that were in pieces.

It done I just heard the shot, first the damn gyn jammed,so I was freaked and told him be sure it doesn't backfire. I was inside but heard the shot. I'm going to my music now.

He is out there clearning it now to put in freezer,he was taught if you kill it you eat it.
I tolod him to hide it so I don't see it in the freezer, I can't help it I'm a city slicker country girl who lived part in city ,part country but we didn't hunt, didn't have to and mama appointed herself animal caretaker.
I'm one of those hypocrites who only eat meat somebody else has killed, and from I've seen of stockyards and poultry house's, they are very cruel operations.

It was my fault hubby told me to turn around or the der would hurt itself trying to jump the fence,but I kept walking for exercise.
We see deer hair in the fence often. Top has barbed wire so people can't climb.
I also should have let him kill it soon as we saw it couldn't walk, but I thought it may get better.

Hubby did the right thing whoisit , trust me i know all too well

My wife would nurse any hurt animal , and has done so

She did a fine job w/runtly recently, butcha can't win 'em all.....

1672177590288.jpeg

1672177687704.jpeg

1672177763224.jpeg

~S~

When they find road kill that's still pretty much in one piece in Mineral County in Western Montana, they take the animal to a meat processor who grinds and packages it for the food bank. Such a pity for the animal, but I did enjoy a lot of food bank elk burger when I lived in Montana, many years ago.

It upsets me that they don't treat road kill the same way in my new home of South Dakota, and instead it gets eaten by coyotes and birds.

I agree 100%. A "L-O-T" of road kill in our USA like if the meat is good then who cares how the animal died???

who cares how the animal died???
How many here can interview their din din Jack ?

Yanno dressin a critter is the easy part, off it's head , wipe it's a**, on the grill we go

It's lookin' it in the eye before you pull the trigger that's the hardest part

~S~

I agree 100%. A "L-O-T" of road kill in our USA like if the meat is good then who cares how the animal died???

I have never seen as much road kill as I do in SD! But I guess that just means that the wildlife is plentiful. On a 135 mile trip to an appointment in Minnesota, we saw five dead skunks on the road!

I have never seen as much road kill as I do in SD! But I guess that just means that the wildlife is plentiful. On a 135 mile trip to an appointment in Minnesota, we saw five dead skunks on the road!

You aught to see the White-Tailed doe corpses littering 395 between Deer Park & north Spokane! I've actually seen corpses on both sides of 395 when travelling either north or south. The link below says the 2023 estimate for deer in Washington state is 300,000 with 100,000 being White-Tailed deer. I'd say that 10,000 of those 100,000 White-Tailed deer must be living between north Spokane & the Clayton/Loon Lake area(Mulies further north). If the Deer Park area gets any more White-Tailed deer in it, it's going to look like the 2nd link below...

You aught to see the White-Tailed doe corpses littering 395 between Deer Park & north Spokane! I've actually seen corpses on both sides of 395 when travelling either north or south. The link below says the 2023 estimate for deer in Washington state is 300,000 with 100,000 being White-Tailed deer. I'd say that 10,000 of those 100,000 White-Tailed deer must be living between north Spokane & the Clayton/Loon Lake area(Mulies further north). If the Deer Park area gets any more White-Tailed deer in it, it's going to look like the 2nd link below...

Yeah, we saw three black tail corpses within about five miles on the interstate, one day in late summer. Hate seeing it.

Yeah, we saw three black tail corpses within about five miles on the interstate, one day in late summer. Hate seeing it.

When we had our weekend place in Junction Texas we'd see dead deer by the hundreds on the trip going and coming.
The road to town was around 15 miles from the weekend place and you'd see dozens of em in that short stretch.
Kimble county has the highest deer population than any other county in the US.

When we had our weekend place in Junction Texas we'd see dead deer by the hundreds on the trip going and coming.
The road to town was around 15 miles from the weekend place and you'd see dozens of em in that short stretch.
Kimble county has the highest deer population than any other county in the US.
I just checked out Junction Texas on Google maps. I can see WHY folks named it JUNCTION like roads coming into it from all points on the compass! This part of Texas looks like it's a desert. Are the deer in this area predominantly Mule deer???

I love those OVERSIZE aircraft carriers that double as ears that the Mulies & Black-Tailed deer possess! You hear guys say "Wow look @ the size of the rack that fox is carrying!" With us Black-Tailed/Mulie lovers it's "Wow, look@ the size of the ears that doe is carrying!" Then there is that patented stotting that belongs exclusively to the Black-Tailed/Mule deer. Back then I had never heard of the word stotting so when I seen the Black-Tailed deer run for the 1st time I told my oldest sis, "They run like they are on pogo sticks!" I'm so old now that I think I have went full circle like I am exactly where I was when I was 14-18 yrs old. My first love was the Black-Tailed herd we inherited back in the mid sixties. My second love was horse power & torque & a later love was goats starting in 2005. History really does repeat itself & I am living proof of that one!

Forum List

Back