A Poor Deer Killed itself

I just checked out Junction Texas on Google maps. I can see WHY folks named it JUNCTION like roads coming into it from all points on the compass! This part of Texas looks like it's a desert. Are the deer in this area predominantly Mule deer???

I love those OVERSIZE aircraft carriers that double as ears that the Mulies & Black-Tailed deer possess! You hear guys say "Wow look @ the size of the rack that fox is carrying!" With us Black-Tailed/Mulie lovers it's "Wow, look@ the size of the ears that doe is carrying!" Then there is that patented stotting that belongs exclusively to the Black-Tailed/Mule deer. Back then I had never heard of the word stotting so when I seen the Black-Tailed deer run for the 1st time I told my oldest sis, "They run like they are on pogo sticks!" I'm so old now that I think I have went full circle like I am exactly where I was when I was 14-18 yrs old. My first love was the Black-Tailed herd we inherited back in the mid sixties. My second love was horse power & torque & a later love was goats starting in 2005. History really does repeat itself & I am living proof of that one!

There's more water than you'd think.
Spring fed rivers and creeks are all over the place. We had two pieces of property on the S. Llano river it's the only river in Texas or the US if I remember correctly that flows north. It's totally spring fed and it never drops below a constant flow rate no matter if there's a drought.
There are tons of white tail as well as exotics like Axis deer and a shit load of other species.
This is a pic of an Axis deer,they originate in India but they've escaped the game ranches and now they're everywhere in the Texas Hill Country
I stopped shooting White tail in favor of the Axis,they taste like beef and you can steak out the whole animal.
And they're pretty damn big!!!

360_F_255482735_dHgrIl4ZMKdV171HM54EhCifkpkOZjS3.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

cols_daytrips-1.jpg

I just checked out Junction Texas on Google maps. I can see WHY folks named it JUNCTION like roads coming into it from all points on the compass! This part of Texas looks like it's a desert. Are the deer in this area predominantly Mule deer???

I love those OVERSIZE aircraft carriers that double as ears that the Mulies & Black-Tailed deer possess! You hear guys say "Wow look @ the size of the rack that fox is carrying!" With us Black-Tailed/Mulie lovers it's "Wow, look@ the size of the ears that doe is carrying!" Then there is that patented stotting that belongs exclusively to the Black-Tailed/Mule deer. Back then I had never heard of the word stotting so when I seen the Black-Tailed deer run for the 1st time I told my oldest sis, "They run like they are on pogo sticks!" I'm so old now that I think I have went full circle like I am exactly where I was when I was 14-18 yrs old. My first love was the Black-Tailed herd we inherited back in the mid sixties. My second love was horse power & torque & a later love was goats starting in 2005. History really does repeat itself & I am living proof of that one!

Oh...the town of Junction has only 2600 people and the whole county has around 6000.
It was known as an outlaw hideout back in the day because of the short run to mexico.

I love watching them do that! Our black tails in Washington did it all the time. Graceful and comical at the same time.

This is not a British deer

Do you have a license to own a firearm or even an over 12 ft lbs air rifle?
Me personally? I've owned shot guns but not a rifle. The excitement and need for guns here is close to zero.

If you watch the video on UK gun law and guns, you will fall in the 0.1% of Americans who will know UK gun laws and guns -

If you hit a deer, or pheasant, or any road kill animal, it's not legal to stop and retrieve it, but a motorist behind you can. How would anyone know, and what the fine would be, no idea. It's likely to stop people purposely trying to run over an animal to kill and collect it.

Me personally? I've owned shot guns but not a rifle. The excitement and need for guns here is close to zero.

If you watch the video on UK gun law and guns, you will fall in the 0.1% of Americans who will know UK gun laws and guns -

If you hit a deer, or pheasant, or any road kill animal, it's not legal to stop and retrieve it, but a motorist behind you can. How would anyone know, and what the fine would be, no idea. It's likely to stop people purposely trying to run over an animal to kill and collect it.

I know you have zero rights as a brit

Your puny little 12ft lbs air rifle would have difficulty killing that deer unless you beat it with the butt end of the rifle

I wonder if brits can even take a shit without a permit

There's more water than you'd think.
Spring fed rivers and creeks are all over the place. We had two pieces of property on the S. Llano river it's the only river in Texas or the US if I remember correctly that flows north. It's totally spring fed and it never drops below a constant flow rate no matter if there's a drought.
There are tons of white tail as well as exotics like Axis deer and a shit load of other species.
This is a pic of an Axis deer,they originate in India but they've escaped the game ranches and now they're everywhere in the Texas Hill Country
I stopped shooting White tail in favor of the Axis,they taste like beef and you can steak out the whole animal.
And they're pretty damn big!!!

360_F_255482735_dHgrIl4ZMKdV171HM54EhCifkpkOZjS3.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

cols_daytrips-1.jpg

Pretty pictures.

Yeah...I kick myself in the ass everyday for selling the river properties.

I'm sure you did ,I do the samne thing over my Skoolie Bus
Yeah...I kick myself in the ass everyday for selling the river properties.

I bet you do, I did the same thing over selling my Skoolie bus.

I heard the meat isn't that good after I let the poor thing suffer for so long, but think it will be ok for our dogs?
Next trip around trail today I'll sure turn around and let the deer go its way uninterrupted.

I'm sure you did ,I do the samne thing over my Skoolie Bus

I bet you do, I did the same thing over selling my Skoolie bus.

I heard the meat isn't that good after I let the poor thing suffer for so long, but think it will be ok for our dogs?
Next trip around trail today I'll sure turn around and let the deer go its way uninterrupted.

It cant hurt to try it.
If the deer settled down for awhile the taste may be fine.

I know you have zero rights as a brit

Your puny little 12ft lbs air rifle would have difficulty killing that deer unless you beat it with the butt end of the rifle

I wonder if brits can even take a shit without a permit
Are you mentally ok? The thread is about a deer. Is one of the gun nut 10 commandments , "Thou shalt be a looney faggot", because you've nailed it.

Those who go deer hunting in the UK do so with the appropriate rifles and licence. As I've covered a thousand times in other threads, the police need to find a reason why you can't own a shotgun, that's up to you; your police record, your driving history, your medical records and the referee you supplied. Even 9 year olds hold shotgun certificates, there's no age limit in the UK.

Hand on heart, I would say that one of the THICKEST group of people on planet is the American gun nut because you are mental and thick as fuck with your rhetoric.

Are you mentally ok? The thread is about a deer. Is one of the gun nut 10 commandments , "Thou shalt be a looney faggot", because you've nailed it.

Those who go deer hunting in the UK do so with the appropriate rifles and licence. As I've covered a thousand times in other threads, the police need to find a reason why you can't own a shotgun, that's up to you; your police record, your driving history, your medical records and the referee you supplied. Even 9 year olds hold shotgun certificates, there's no age limit in the UK.

Hand on heart, I would say that one of the THICKEST group of people on planet is the American gun nut because you are mental and thick as fuck with your rhetoric.
Those who go deer hunting in the UK do so with the appropriate rifles and licence.

A license which they had to beg from the government, and may or may not have been given depending on how lucky they are

A license which they had to beg from the government, and may or may not have been given depending on how lucky they are
Again, you are having a mental breakdown. Can you remember the fools that dressed up as vaginas when Trump won? You are more mentally ill than them.

I thought 2aguy was the most mentally ill on this board over guns, but you are giving him a good run for his money.

Again, you are having a mental breakdown. Can you remember the fools that dressed up as vaginas when Trump won? You are more mentally ill than them.

I thought 2aguy was the most mentally ill on this board over guns, but you are giving him a good run for his money.
You are a brit out of water wishing you could be part of the American experience

Forum List

Back