A Man With A Huge Appetite Is Banned From An All You Can Eat Buffet.

Go here for the story.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. I love food just as much as the next person, but even I have never experienced such an occurrence.

This fellow I used to work with, his nickname was "Double Sumo"weighed well over 600 lbs and loved the Red Lobster all-you-can-eat crab.

They never threw him out however, and he died a few years ago.

^^^ The most that I have ever weighed is 240. As of this morning, I weighed in at 183. My goal is to be at the 150 weight that I was able to get to last year right when all of the gyms were shut down.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

When we were coming across the country, mom, dad and me came to the end of the road in Portland Oregon. There was no way West. We went south. My mom was enormous. She easily weighed 500 pounds. We stopped at an all you could eat buffet. I had my meal. Mom had loaded plate after plate. Finally with one over loaded plate she had enough. The manager said my folks would have to pay for everything that was uneaten. Mom was done. Dad was done. They made me eat everything on that sky high loaded plate. 30 minutes down the road I vomited it all up. It took me an hour. I was sick all the way to San Francisco.
What the hell kind of buffets do they have on the left coast? Every buffet I ever went to here on the east charges admission and you eat what you want. It's freaking insanity for a manager to demand that people eat everything on their plates.

What the hell kind of buffets do they have on the left coast? Every buffet I ever went to here on the east charges admission and you eat what you want. It's freaking insanity for a manager to demand that people eat everything on their plates.
After having been in some buffets, they draw a line between leftovers and what amounts to entire uneaten meals. After several sky high plates, mom left slices of roast beef, slabs of meatloaf, several pieces of untouched chicken, perhaps two cups of mashed potatoes and more of macaroni and cheese. A couple of pieces of pie and, if memory serves a quarter of a chocolate cake. No one will let someone get away with that kind of waste. Not after several equally gigantic plates.

^^^ The most that I have ever weighed is 240. As of this morning, I weighed in at 183. My goal is to be at the 150 weight that I was able to get to last year right when all of the gyms were shut down.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
My normal weight is 125. When my husband became ill my activity level dropped and I started eating. I gained 50 pounds. It isn't as easy to get rid of now but I am doing it. I have returned to weightlifting with a dose of yoga. I have no groups around to get back into fencing or belly dancing so those are pretty much out.

Go here for the story.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. I love food just as much as the next person, but even I have never experienced such an occurrence.
Looks like a buffett is going to be defending their actions in court as they have very definitely discriminated against a person with a disability, obesity and an eating disorder.

After having been in some buffets, they draw a line between leftovers and what amounts to entire uneaten meals. After several sky high plates, mom left slices of roast beef, slabs of meatloaf, several pieces of untouched chicken, perhaps two cups of mashed potatoes and more of macaroni and cheese. A couple of pieces of pie and, if memory serves a quarter of a chocolate cake. No one will let someone get away with that kind of waste. Not after several equally gigantic plates.
An all-you-can-eat buffet in my town solved the problem of waste. They would weigh your plate if you left more than about a quarter pound of waste and they charged for the waste. People quit trying to bankrupt them.

Nobody really does that except in psychotic episodes. Anybody who would eat everything on three plates because a manager demanded it needs professional help.

Nobody really does that except in psychotic episodes. Anybody who would eat everything on three plates because a manager demanded it needs professional help.
I actually saw one of these cretins in action in a buffet. He ate generously, but then he made a trip back to the steam table and filled a dinner plate with prawns every bit of 4" high, returned to his table and said, "C'mon Mom, lets go" The plate was untouched but had to be thrown away. I was astounded.

An all-you-can-eat buffet in my town solved the problem of waste. They would weigh your plate if you left more than about a quarter pound of waste and they charged for the waste. People quit trying to bankrupt them.
They usually do find ways of dealing with people that can not control themselves.
All my mother left was on one plate. The last plate. She had already eaten three plates (at least) on her own.

My normal weight is 125. When my husband became ill my activity level dropped and I started eating. I gained 50 pounds. It isn't as easy to get rid of now but I am doing it. I have returned to weightlifting with a dose of yoga. I have no groups around to get back into fencing or belly dancing so those are pretty much out.
I'd love to weigh 125, but that may be too slim for me. How tall are you? I am five feet and six inches.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I'd love to weigh 125, but that may be too slim for me. How tall are you? I am five feet and six inches.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
5'7"
When my mother died of complications of diabetes and massive weight, I went into a diet tail spin. I was so afraid of gaining weight I didn't want to eat at all.

^^^ Thank you. I am sorry about everything that you have been through.

God bless you and your remaining family members always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back