A Loyalty Oath? C'mon...

OldLady

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2015
Comey has returned the ball in the "who said what to whom" discussion that Trump started with "Comey told me three times I am not under investigation." Comey's friends say, "Yeah, well the President asked him twice to take a loyalty oath."

Three times Comey said something, but with the President's batting average on accuracy, I'll wait to see if Comey wishes to clear that up. And that three times thing--like before the rooster crows, Peter, you will deny me three times....Kind of puts a stamp of authenticity on it, doesn't it?

Asking Comey to take a loyalty pledge is about the creepiest thing I've heard yet, and I thought I'd been creeped out by this guy before. Kneel and kiss my ring, swear you are my man, and maybe I'll let you keep your job. ???? Glad Comey said no. Convenient Trump didn't mention that part in his story about the dinner.

Right there on its website, the FBI says the bureau and its officials must only swear an oath to the Constitution — not even a president. The reason? Because the latter “too easily leads to tyranny”:

It is significant that we take an oath to support and defend the Constitution and not an individual leader, ruler, office, or entity. This is true for the simple reason that the Constitution is based on lasting principles of sound government that provide balance, stability, and consistency through time. A government based on individuals — who are inconsistent, fallible, and often prone to error — too easily leads to tyranny on the one extreme or anarchy on the other. The founding fathers sought to avoid these extremes and create a balanced government based on constitutional principles.

Analysis | Trump reportedly sought a loyalty pledge from Comey. The FBI says this ‘leads to tyranny.’

Don't forget, just because NYT and WaPo don't disclose their sources doesn't mean their sources aren't credible--WaPo broke Watergate, remember. Trump has planned all along to fire Comey? I'll bet he has, ever since Comey told him he wouldn't take a loyalty oath. Who else has been asked? Jeff Sessions? Pompeo? Did they say yes? Who else? Would be interesting to know.

Also, for perspective, the GOP is known for loyalty oaths. Bush loved them. The RNC itself loves them.
The DNC also loves them. Hek, people have sued the democrat party because of it.

Trump has watched The Godfather too many times

Lol, I am sorry, anyone that believes their unnamed sources, is fooling themselves. How many fake stories in the last year have shown up, all with unnamed sources? Too many to count.

Comey is fired, old news, move on

your orange overlord is going down..... get use to it sweetcakes.

Yeah yeah yeah since the day he announced he was running you loons have been saying that. Not going to happen, dumb fuck

lol....

it's astounding how you bask in the glory of poor education....

Get back on topic, which is unnamed sources spewing BS

protecting sources has always been the practice of the news ; AKA the fourth estate. THAT is how we get information...when people are protected. you don't realize that? of course not.

do you have a problem with the idea donny tic tacs has been floating about cancelling press conferences & instead just issue WH statements?

Yeah yeah yeah since the day he announced he was running you loons have been saying that. Not going to happen, dumb fuck

lol....

it's astounding how you bask in the glory of poor education....

Get back on topic, which is unnamed sources spewing BS
Oh, the topic is america then.

who doesn't trust unnamed sources?
No one trusts anything or anyone, just as desgined. Chaos is the goal.

2971765847_6a84c9d07c.jpg

sorry.... i just had to....

Comey has returned the ball in the "who said what to whom" discussion that Trump started with "Comey told me three times I am not under investigation." Comey's friends say, "Yeah, well the President asked him twice to take a loyalty oath."

Three times Comey said something, but with the President's batting average on accuracy, I'll wait to see if Comey wishes to clear that up. And that three times thing--like before the rooster crows, Peter, you will deny me three times....Kind of puts a stamp of authenticity on it, doesn't it?

Asking Comey to take a loyalty pledge is about the creepiest thing I've heard yet, and I thought I'd been creeped out by this guy before. Kneel and kiss my ring, swear you are my man, and maybe I'll let you keep your job. ???? Glad Comey said no. Convenient Trump didn't mention that part in his story about the dinner.

Right there on its website, the FBI says the bureau and its officials must only swear an oath to the Constitution — not even a president. The reason? Because the latter “too easily leads to tyranny”:

It is significant that we take an oath to support and defend the Constitution and not an individual leader, ruler, office, or entity. This is true for the simple reason that the Constitution is based on lasting principles of sound government that provide balance, stability, and consistency through time. A government based on individuals — who are inconsistent, fallible, and often prone to error — too easily leads to tyranny on the one extreme or anarchy on the other. The founding fathers sought to avoid these extremes and create a balanced government based on constitutional principles.

Analysis | Trump reportedly sought a loyalty pledge from Comey. The FBI says this ‘leads to tyranny.’

Don't forget, just because NYT and WaPo don't disclose their sources doesn't mean their sources aren't credible--WaPo broke Watergate, remember. Trump has planned all along to fire Comey? I'll bet he has, ever since Comey told him he wouldn't take a loyalty oath. Who else has been asked? Jeff Sessions? Pompeo? Did they say yes? Who else? Would be interesting to know.

Well here's problem. Comey got himself in a jam --- NOT because the problem of loyalty to the American people lies at the FBI level.. He got into trouble trying to protect the integrity of FBI from the blatant political hacks in charge of the DOJ and his bosses. So however dedicated to the Republic the folks at the FBI are --- That's not the issue.

OBVIOUSLY -- they DO become "loyal" to the party in power. BECAUSE -- they are not independent of the AG and the DOJ and partisan protection of their own.. And that's how this problem started...

These 2 tired, corrupt and aimless parties have to go. You gotta quit REWARDING them by making elections a contest about winning.. Because we're ALL LOSING right now..

Trump is sure working on it (going down to impeachment) whether he realizes it or not.
Just keep feeding him rope, his ego will take it from there.

Forum List

Back