A Little "What If"

GMCGeneral

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2020
For me to know and you not to find out.
Back in 1901, during the Pan-American Expo right here in my hometown of Buffalo, NY, Anarchist (More like Marxist) Leon Czolgocz shot President William McKinley at the Temple of Music. McKinley succumbed to his wound and died. Subsequently, Czolgocz was tried in Buffalo and executed by Electrocution at Auburn State Prison. Now, with that in mind, here comes the "what if?" What if, McKinley either survived the attempt or avoided the attempt altogether and Theodore Roosevelt had never become POTUS, How would the country look today had we kept another Progressive out of the WH?

McKinley had one more term to serve

I don’t see any other Republican or Democrat beating Teddy in the next election
Good thing, because he was one of our best Presidents

Teddy Roosevelt is vastly overrated. Mainly because he had a real knack of manipulating the press of that era.

Nope. We would have not sided with the Communists as Franklin Fucking Delano did.
So conservatism would have been with Hitler against the commies? That's pretty much what I said. Big business types loved what Hitler was doing in Germany. Had Teddy Roosevelt not gone after the monopolies I am certain the plutocrats would have been feeding emaciated bodies to the ovens before Hitler.

So conservatism would have been with Hitler against the commies? That's pretty much what I said. Big business types loved what Hitler was doing in Germany. Had Teddy Roosevelt not gone after the monopolies I am certain the plutocrats would have been feeding emaciated bodies to the ovens before Hitler.
No, TRUE Conservatives are against Hitler and Naziism.

No, TRUE Conservatives are against Hitler and Naziism.
A true conservative of the day was anti-labor union, anti-minority, anti-immigrant, very plutocratic and openly, brutally hostile to any kind of working class populism. They were Nazis in all but name. Had the vast political power of the robber barons not been broken they would have sided with Germany and so would have America.

Roosevelt? HAHAHA. No, he wasn't. he helped to usher in modern Communism in the US.

Probably our first modern President

Elevated the Presidency from caretaker to power broker
Gave us our National Parks, Panama Canal, busted the trusts

TR might have been running as a "progressive" but the connotation was a lot different than it is today. Maybe you have your Roosevelts mixed up. It turns out that another assassin tried to kill T.R. while he was making a speech. He survived the attack with a bullet lodged in his chest and finished the speech. What a guy.

TR might have been running as a "progressive" but the connotation was a lot different than it is today. Maybe you have your Roosevelts mixed up. It turns out that another assassin tried to kill T.R. while he was making a speech. He survived the attack with a bullet lodged in his chest and finished the speech. What a guy.

The speech was so thick it stopped a bullet

Back in 1901, during the Pan-American Expo right here in my hometown of Buffalo, NY, Anarchist (More like Marxist) Leon Czolgocz shot President William McKinley at the Temple of Music. McKinley succumbed to his wound and died. Subsequently, Czolgocz was tried in Buffalo and executed by Electrocution at Auburn State Prison. Now, with that in mind, here comes the "what if?" What if, McKinley either survived the attempt or avoided the attempt altogether and Theodore Roosevelt had never become POTUS, How would the country look today had we kept another Progressive out of the WH?

Probably a Marxist. Brilliantly researched.
You'll grasp at anything to denigrate dems. Why do you bother?

simple, Democrats are the ENEMY.

What is it that you can prove which makes them an enemy if the country?
Keep in mind there's over 170 million of them. Do you think it's time to get out the guns and eliminate them?

How about the guy next door etc, that's a Democrat. Do you hate him and tell him so? Is he a threat to your silly freedom?
You know nothing. Just another hate filled brain dead republican.

Forum List

Back