A little post mortem

I think overall half of us just didn't understand the rage that it took to vote for Trump. Enough rage to ignore his myriad faults and weaknesses and behaviors and words and everything else. THAT is a LOT of rage right there..
Says a Hillary supporter..
I voted for her because I found Trump even more repulsive than her.

Maybe you could just comment on the point made.
Self awareness, mac...
You cant understand, yet, you voted for govt mandated corruption, 1% support and fascist war mongering. GIVE ME A BREAK.
You have written a thread on this very subject yet YOU cant understand from the other side? You are a goddamn joke.
I voted for a candidate who was slightly less repulsive overall than the other. I can't make it clearer or simpler than that.

And I can see, understand, and appreciate both sides of pretty much any issue. I don't think you can.

If you think you're capable of a civil, mature, decent, intelligent, honest conversation, without attacks and insults, I'm right here.
Why do it? When it comes to these particular people, its like throwing a hotdog down a hallway. There is no point. You sound like a hack. A hack that doesn't know themselves from a hole in the ground. I type it out and you STILL don't get it.
Okie dokie.

I think overall half of us just didn't understand the rage that it took to vote for Trump. Enough rage to ignore his myriad faults and weaknesses and behaviors and words and everything else. THAT is a LOT of rage right there..

you bought the false narrative about trump that was a creation of the DNC and its complicit media. People who know him, work for and with him do not agree with the false media creation of who and what he is.

We will see the real Trump over the next 4 years, and you will be pleasantly surprised.

I've been seeing some pretty interesting analysis on this (of course, the analysis is always easier AFTER the fact).

1. If you had asked the average person, say, 5 or 10 years ago, which party would be closer to being populist and which was closer to being for The Big Guy, I think it's pretty clear that most would have said the Dems were closer to being populist. But somehow the GOP beat the Dems to the punch, and the Dems made it easier by running Hillary. Stunning. And reading Dems sites, they're sure as hell stunned, too.

2. And here's another thing: Chris Matthews (yes, I know) made an interesting point yesterday: You know those concerts with the music superstars for Hillary, like Beyonce and the rest? He wondered if those things drove home the point above, by having them all onstage together in "The Winner's Club" -- all these rich, successful people hugging each other. Maybe stuff like that was a net negative.

3. Finally, now that the dust has settled a bit, I think overall half of us just didn't understand the rage that it took to vote for Trump. Enough rage to ignore his myriad faults and weaknesses and behaviors and words and everything else. THAT is a LOT of rage right there. Obama was not able to deliver on the promises he made overall, and a lot of faith was placed in him. Let's see how Trump responds.

My two cents, worth every penny.
Walt Kelley nailed in in 1972..
pogo we have met the enemy and he is us (1972) - Google Search

you bought the false narrative about trump that was a creation of the DNC and its complicit media. People who know him, work for and with him do not agree with the false media creation of who and what he is.

We will see the real Trump over the next 4 years, and you will be pleasantly surprised.
My opinions of Trump are based on direct observation of his behaviors and words. Direct. Unless the media created a CGI character I was watching and listening to, there were zero (0) outside influences to my opinion. I've said all along the press was shamelessly anti-Trump and pro-Hillary.

That said, my allegiance is to my country and not any party or ideology. So I'll be able to gleefully celebrate every last good thing that happens during his term, and I'm hoping there's one big shitload of them.

After 8 years of hollow promises the blue collar non college guys finally got smart and realized Hillary was not going to give them anything.

Now that we know the GOP still owns the Senate and House Of Reps, it is clear Hillary could not give them anything.

However Pres-Elect Trump will be lucky to get anything out of McConnell and Ryan to feed the poor blue collar guys and their wives who put him into The White House.

I think there will be chaos like there was when Jimmy Carter was POTUS and the Senate and House were both DEM. Pure chaos.
Then there were the six years that the republicans held all the control under Dubya, and that turned out to be a big progressive train wreck. I don't hold out much hope that this time will be much different, though I do hope to be wrong.

My opinions of Trump are based on direct observation of his behaviors and words. Direct. Unless the media created a CGI character I was watching and listening to, there were zero (0) outside influences to my opinion. I've said all along the press was shamelessly anti-Trump and pro-Hillary.

That said, my allegiance is to my country and not any party or ideology. So I'll be able to gleefully celebrate every last good thing that happens during his term, and I'm hoping there's one big shitload of them.

OK, cool. But its obvious that your opinions of Trump were shaped by the false impression created by the corrupt media and the DNC. He is not a PC politician, he talks like a normal man, like you and I talk. He is real, not a fake image like Hillary.

Hillary Clinton is the most corrupt human being ever to run for any public office. The country is much better off with the Clinton crime family out of power.

From what I've seen, it was Wisconsin and Penn that took it off the rails. But I'm not good at this stuff, that's just a guess.
Pennsylvania was the canary in the coal mine. NC, FL, OH, NH, and IA are all slightly rightier than PA. Wisconsin was the big shocker for me.

Once it was fairly evident that PA was going for Cheeto Jesus, it was pretty much over.

I've been seeing some pretty interesting analysis on this (of course, the analysis is always easier AFTER the fact).

1. If you had asked the average person, say, 5 or 10 years ago, which party would be closer to being populist and which was closer to being for The Big Guy, I think it's pretty clear that most would have said the Dems were closer to being populist. But somehow the GOP beat the Dems to the punch, and the Dems made it easier by running Hillary. Stunning. And reading Dems sites, they're sure as hell stunned, too.

2. And here's another thing: Chris Matthews (yes, I know) made an interesting point yesterday: You know those concerts with the music superstars for Hillary, like Beyonce and the rest? He wondered if those things drove home the point above, by having them all onstage together in "The Winner's Club" -- all these rich, successful people hugging each other. Maybe stuff like that was a net negative.

3. Finally, now that the dust has settled a bit, I think overall half of us just didn't understand the rage that it took to vote for Trump. Enough rage to ignore his myriad faults and weaknesses and behaviors and words and everything else. THAT is a LOT of rage right there. Obama was not able to deliver on the promises he made overall, and a lot of faith was placed in him. Let's see how Trump responds.

The next Democrat President-Elect, to Mattews point, should have The Voter on stage with him/her. It should be a collection comprising the voter(s) that put them there, not fellow elites.

Self awareness, mac...
You cant understand, yet, you voted for govt mandated corruption, 1% support and fascist war mongering. GIVE ME A BREAK.
You have written a thread on this very subject yet YOU cant understand from the other side? You are a goddamn joke.
I voted for a candidate who was slightly less repulsive overall than the other. I can't make it clearer or simpler than that.

And I can see, understand, and appreciate both sides of pretty much any issue. I don't think you can.

If you think you're capable of a civil, mature, decent, intelligent, honest conversation, without attacks and insults, I'm right here.
Why do it? When it comes to these particular people, its like throwing a hotdog down a hallway. There is no point. You sound like a hack. A hack that doesn't know themselves from a hole in the ground. I type it out and you STILL don't get it.
Okie dokie.
"I don't understand how people could pick trump over the otherside"
"How can you NOT understand my side?"
:spinner:

OK, cool. But its obvious that your opinions of Trump were shaped by the false impression created by the corrupt media and the DNC. He is not a PC politician, he talks like a normal man, like you and I talk. He is real, not a fake image like Hillary.

Hillary Clinton is the most corrupt human being ever to run for any public office. The country is much better off with the Clinton crime family out of power.
I'll never be able to convince you that my opinions of him are based on direct observation. Okay.

As stunned as I am, I am hoping for the best, as always.

The next Democrat President-Elect, to Mattews point, should have The Voter on stage with him/her. It should be a collection comprising the voter(s) that put them there, not fellow elites.
Yeah.

It'll be interesting to see how the Dems react to this, what they've learned.

Self awareness, mac...

Okie dokie.
Still not capable of a civil, mature conversation, I see.

Okay, well, let me know.

They have a parade of their victim class voters on stage with them at nearly every rally.

Self awareness, mac...

Okie dokie.
Still not capable of a civil, mature conversation, I see.

Okay, well, let me know.
Its like arguing with a child... Why must you insult and not elaborate on my point?

They have a parade of their victim class voters on stage with them at nearly every rally.
We'll see. They're doing some introspection right now, they're not lashing out. They got their ass handed to them with populism - ironically, Bernie Sanders' thing - and I think they know that they have to make changes going forward.

On the other hand, who knows what politicos learn.

We'll see. They're doing some introspection right now, they're not lashing out. They got their ass handed to them with populism - ironically, Bernie Sanders' thing - and I think they know that they have to make changes going forward.

On the other hand, who knows what politicos learn.
Don't kid yourself. Leftists are the least introspective people you'll find. Just go to any lefty FB page and you'll find out that I'm right. All rage, zero self-examination.

That doesn't leave republicans off the hook, I'm just saying.

On the other hand, who knows what politicos learn..
Don't kid yourself. Leftists are the least introspective people you'll find. Just go to any lefty FB page and you'll find out that I'm right. All rage, zero self-examination. That doesn't leave republicans off the hook, I'm just saying.
Well, I don't claim to understand politics, but I'm curious.

I do wonder if this result will give Sanders' supporters the upper hand going forward.

I'll never be able to convince you that my opinions of him are based on direct observation. Okay.

I am glad you are hoping for the best, so am I.

What I am trying to get across to you is that the media has controlled what you have "observed" about Trump. The media created an image that is contrary to what his employees, business associates, and others who know him say about him.

But believe whatever you want. The important thing is that the Clinton crime cartel will never again have any political power in this country.

I am glad you are hoping for the best, so am I.

What I am trying to get across to you is that the media has controlled what you have "observed" about Trump. The media created an image that is contrary to what his employees, business associates, and others who know him say about him.

But believe whatever you want. The important thing is that the Clinton crime cartel will never again have any political power in this country.
I was in that business for nearly 20 years, I know precisely how they play.

It's his words and behaviors that shaped my opinion, the press was noise to me.

We'll see, here's hoping.

It was trade.

I said a long time ago and many times that when Bill Clinton supported NAFTA, he was acting like a Republican. In fact he had more Republican votes than Democrats for the treaty.

Ross Perot got an amazing 19% of the vote running almost wholly against NAFTA and secondarily against the Washington establishment of both parties.

Most Democratic opposition to so called free trade was/is from the liberal wing of the party and from labor.
Trump took that issue away from the Democrats, mainly because Hillary Clinton was tagged with being pro free trade,
IOW, she was acting like a Republican on trade, just like her husband.

Trump took one of the GOP's weakest positions, free trade, tossed it out of the party's agenda, and replaced it with the very liberal, very pro-union protectionist position.

IOW, Trump shifted the entire GOP platform to the LEFT, which of course, ironically, is what most conservatives insist has been the GOP's worst fault, i.e., being too moderate or liberal.

But the key to what Trump did was that in the process, he didn't try to move anything else to the left in the GOP's platform, in fact, he was happy to go as rightwing as can be to keep those factions of the party on board.

Forum List

Back