A Left-Wing City’s Refusal to Honor Veterans Day Reminds Us That Patriotism Must Be Taught

Persuader

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2020
Lot of history in the link.

but I didn't see the reason for the city ban.

Got one?

Lot of history in the link.

but I didn't see the reason for the city ban.

Got one?
It was there.....................'
For instance, there’s the city of Austin—a hyper-liberal blue dot inside red Texas—which recently forced the cancellation of a planned Veterans Day parade. Why? The stated reason was that parade organizers were not in compliance with the city’s Covid-19 restrictions, which bespeak Austin’s continuing blue nanny-state orientation.

According to the Austin Veteran Parade Foundation, the city was demanding that parade organizers “verify all participants and spectators to have either a current negative Covid test or be vaccinated.” As the organizers explained, “This is something that we could not do, as we anticipated some 30,000 attendees to the parade.”

Regular Breitbart News readers won’t be surprised to learn that a left-wing place such as Austin has been imposing a double standard on outdoor activity. Last year, as Black Lives Matter protests erupted in Austin, city leaders took a relaxed view of the mass gatherings. Authorities never worried about permits for the demonstrations, let alone whether or not the protestors—some of them, of course, violent rioters—were wearing masks or practicing social distancing. '

Just another example of how the leftwingers really hate America and most particuarly those who have sacrificed so much to preserve it.

Austin cancelled the parade because of COVID. It will be back next year.

*sigh*

Claiming this thread is not political and moving it to the conspiracy theory section is more stupid than it is outrageous....I have had it with these incompetent mods.

I am out of here.....perhaps that is what they wanted.....irregardless I am gone.

I cannot tolerate such idiocy and blatant discrimination.

To be honest I have been thinking of leaving for awhile....this just gives me the motivation to do it.

Buh byeeeee boyos

Forum List

Back