A Late Night in Politics ?

Dogbiscuit

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2020
Who will be staying up to watch the numbers ?
Depending on how individual states (electoral) are determined, I know that I will be staying up at least until 10, 11, possibly midnight, which is way past my bedtime.
Anxiety can be a strong emotion.

The west coast states will be closing about 10pm EST, so the eastern toss-up states will be called about the same time, except for PA which won't start counting mail-in ballots in 7-counties until Wednesday morning. But FL, OH, NC, GA, should give some indication who will win by 11pm EST.
Then the "blue wall" states like MI, WI, MN called by midnight. Then AZ, NV after that, and we should know some time before dawn, unless its super-close and PA decides the winner late Wednesday pending the thousands of lawsuits.

I'm not losing any sleep over it. No matter who wins, it will be contested and go on forever. They say here in Ohio we might not have the entire vote count for a week.

The west coast states will be closing about 10pm EST, so the eastern toss-up states will be called about the same time, except for PA which won't start counting mail-in ballots in 7-counties until Wednesday morning. But FL, OH, NC, GA, should give some indication who will win by 11pm EST.
Then the "blue wall" states like MI, WI, MN called by midnight. Then AZ, NV after that, and we should know some time before dawn, unless its super-close and PA decides the winner late Wednesday pending the thousands of lawsuits.
Thanks for that analysis.
Ive been searching the web to get an indication as to an accurate time frame, depending on early outcomes.

I'm not losing any sleep over it. No matter who wins, it will be contested and go on forever. They say here in Ohio we might not have the entire vote count for a week.
And this is where I hope the votes already counted will far exceed, and make the remaining irrelevant.
I know that officially they must all be counted, but that doesnt mean we wont know who prevailed, right ?

Who will be staying up to watch the numbers ?
Depending on how individual states (electoral) are determined, I know that I will be staying up at least until 10, 11, possibly midnight, which is way past my bedtime.
Anxiety can be a strong emotion.

Wouldn't miss It for the world!

As the candidates crisscross the states today all I want to do is let them make their final pushes.

I spent about 7 hours last night and this morning looking at the internals of polling from about 9 different polling companies that put their data on the web.

Biden has lost about 32% of the black vote across seven states and Trump has picked them up. Biden has lost 68% of the Latino and Cuban immigrant votes and trump has picked them up. The Miami-Dade area is now +4 for Trump. Even Arizona is showing a loss of 36% of the Hispanic vote that is now going to Trump.

The Biden campaign is hemorrhaging voters massively and the early vote counts that favor democrats are 1-1 with republicans. IF this continues to be the case, as the polling in Florida this AM shows it is, republicans are set to take every one of those states.

As of right now there is nothing anyone can do to change where this thing is going. Trumps barrage of rallies will only excite his base and get those voting for him to the polls.

This will be over very early tomorrow and Trump will be the winner. When Arizona turns red this thing will be over.

As the candidates crisscross the states today all I want to do is let them make their final pushes.

I spent about 7 hours last night and this morning looking at the internals of polling from about 9 different polling companies that put their data on the web.

Biden has lost about 32% of the black vote across seven states and Trump has picked them up. Biden has lost 68% of the Latino and Cuban immigrant votes and trump has picked them up. The Miami-Dade area is now +4 for Trump. Even Arizona is showing a loss of 36% of the Hispanic vote that is now going to Trump.

The Biden campaign is hemorrhaging voters massively and the early vote counts that favor democrats are 1-1 with republicans. IF this continues to be the case, as the polling in Florida this AM shows it is, republicans are set to take every one of those states.

As of right now there is nothing anyone can do to change where this thing is going. Trumps barrage of rallies will only excite his base and get those voting for him to the polls.

This will be over very early tomorrow and Trump will be the winner. When Arizona turns red this thing will be over.
Wow, it sounds like you are very much involved.
Thats awesome, and sounds like great news based on your reply.

If the 2020 election was fair and honest I agree with you, but Biden even admits that he has Obama's "extensive voter fraud organization" to cheat for him. Mitt Romney ran into the democrat's buzz-saw in 2012 when they put up (29) 300,000 vote to zero precincts in Philadelphia. The GOP had better have the cops backing them up when they monitor the vote counts.
Romney earned zero votes in some urban precincts

If the 2020 election was fair and honest I agree with you, but Biden even admits that he has Obama's "extensive voter fraud organization" to cheat for him. Mitt Romney ran into the democrat's buzz-saw in 2012 when they put up (29) 300,000 vote to zero precincts in Philadelphia. The GOP had better have the cops backing them up when they monitor the vote counts.
Romney earned zero votes in some urban precincts
I feel like I know Trump well enough, that Trump knows exactly the right people to have in the right locations, to make sure they dont cheat, or at least not in large enough amounts that will cause any significant difference imo.

I think he's going to also lose a lot of younger voters Democrats typically get. Young partiers don't want to hear of a national lockdown or mandated face masks. They don't like the restrictions we have in states now.

And this is where I hope the votes already counted will far exceed, and make the remaining irrelevant.
I know that officially they must all be counted, but that doesnt mean we wont know who prevailed, right ?

We can only hope so, but the Democrats used the virus to create a new way to cheat the elections. If we didn't have the Wuhan flu at this particular time, I wouldn't even be concerned about it.

We can only hope so, but the Democrats used the virus to create a new way to cheat the elections. If we didn't have the Wuhan flu at this particular time, I wouldn't even be concerned about it.
I knew about China virus angle they pushed for the Ballots, but it didnt cross my mind that they would use the China virus to manipulate the actual counting of them as well.
I understand that some people need ballots, but this has far exceeded that.

I knew about China virus angle they pushed for the Ballots, but it didnt cross my mind that they would use the China virus to manipulate the actual counting of them as well.

The difference between Republican voters and many Democrat voters is that they will vote only if it's convenient enough. The Democrats cater to the lazy welfare type: polls open for weeks on end, rides to the polls, no lines to wait in, mail in voting........

After all, this is what the Voter-ID debate was really about. Democrats know that their lazy voters would just sooner stay home than obtain an ID. They couldn't be honest about why they were against it, so they brought out their ace in the hole card--Racism.

We Republicans on the other hand would walk though a tunnel of beehives to get to the polls. We will do anything to vote.

So now the criminals devised a way to get as many lazy voters as possible using Covid as an excuse. Next election they will be claiming it worked so well we should do it every election thereafter.

The difference between Republican voters and many Democrat voters is that they will vote only if it's convenient enough. The Democrats cater to the lazy welfare type: polls open for weeks on end, rides to the polls, no lines to wait in, mail in voting........

After all, this is what the Voter-ID debate was really about. Democrats know that their lazy voters would just sooner stay home than obtain an ID. They couldn't be honest about why they were against it, so they brought out their ace in the hole card--Racism.

We Republicans on the other hand would walk though a tunnel of beehives to get to the polls. We will do anything to vote.

So now the criminals devised a way to get as many lazy voters as possible using Covid as an excuse. Next election they will be claiming it worked so well we should do it every election thereafter.
How the fuck would you PRESJME to know how hard it is for another person to vote.

How the fuck would you PRESJME to know how hard it is for another person to vote.

When did I say anything about how hard it is? Inconvenienced is more the word. Welfare people are generally lazy and voting for them is not all that important so they won't go out of their way to do it. Many lower income people don't even know WTF they are voting on. All they know is to vote for anything that has a D next to it. Sure, slap a ballot in front of them and they'll vote, but not inconvenience themselves over it.

When did I say anything about how hard it is? Inconvenienced is more the word. Welfare people are generally lazy and voting for them is not all that important so they won't go out of their way to do it. Many lower income people don't even know WTF they are voting on. All they know is to vote for anything that has a D next to it. Sure, slap a ballot in front of them and they'll vote, but not inconvenience themselves over it.

You presume way more than you possibly know.

I don't think there's any possibility Pa will be called until way after 10 Central, and that's my bedtime. Maybe 11, but I plan to get up early and get some work done tomorrow. Thanksgiving coming up and all. My desk can get overwhelmed.

I'm sorta doubtful we'll have a firm answer on Fla, unless it's a trump win for sure. NC? Imo Iowa and Ohio are for Trump.

I'm guessing that by bedtime on Wed we'll have firm projections on Penn and the rest of the rust belt, and Az.

Forum List

Back