a large % of US families have been forced to start skipping meals .

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh no

I skip meals already because I'm the only one doing the cooking.
But I have a problem with portions.....and food spoilage.
I always make too much food for 2.
My wife and myself.
youd be surprised at what you can freeze and store after cooking to keep from wasting .

youd be surprised at what you can freeze and store after cooking to keep from wasting .
I usually put my chilly and my spaghetti sauce in Mason Jars so they'll keep.
Tupperware is useless.
I usually make enough spaghetti sauce to make 6 meals.
All I do is pour half a jar into a pot and make some pasta and I have a quick delicious meal in about 20 mins.

I usually put my chilly and my spaghetti sauce in Mason Jars so they'll keep.
Tupperware is useless.
I usually make enough spaghetti sauce to make 6 meals.
All I do is pour half a jar into a pot and make some pasta and I have a quick delicious meal in about 20 mins.
zip lock freezer bags will keep soups stews and cooked vegies good for weeks in the freezer .

:(
WOW!!!

That's a LOT of money, that many families just don't have!!!!

WE are having a hard time just with adjusting our diet to cheaper and less healthy foods on what we eat, but the gas increase is not affecting us much because neither of us work outside of the home....which puts us in a better spot than most buying gasoline too, thank goodness!!!!

Inflation hit almost 11% under Reagan's first term, and it seems we're heading in that direction of over 10%. Dear Lord, I hope not!!!

It's gonna be a rough road ahead, just like it was in the early 1980s....but some how, we will make it through this.... What goes up, will come down.... So the saying goes.

Skipping meals might be a good idea in light of the mostly obese population in the U.S. but it ain't true and it's a poor political tool. Americans are suffering from high energy prices and might suffer more in next year's winter from the cold and lack of heating oil more than "skipping a meal" these days.

Forum List

Back