A Ginsburg replacement is 'worth the White House and Senate'

Assuming that a replacement for Ginsburg has not been confirmed by November 3, and further assuming that Trump loses the election, should a defeated President be allowed to appoint a judge to the Supreme Court?

It should be pointed out, both assumptions are extremely likely. Trump is the least popular President in modern American history.

There is a corollary to the question. Should the defeated party in the Senate be allowed to confirm a Supreme Court judge?

Based on limited researched, I have been unable to find those questions addressed. However, allow me to answer my own questions.

There is absolutely nothing in the past four years to suggest that Trump and Trump Republicans in the Senate will put the will of the American people first.

If Trump is defeated, if the GOP loses control of the Senate -- both likely, why else are Republicans in such a hurry -- and Trump Republicans confirm Ginsburg's replacement, the GOP is likely to lose power for at least a generation.
If the Republicans lose, it won't be because Trump nominates a replacement for Ginsburg. No one is buying that eyewash.

We are at war. Sure...it's currently a cold war...but a war none the less. The Dems have launched their offensive with the universal mail-in voting fiasco. This totally blunts that attack. A Conservative Constitutional Supreme Court will not hand the election to the Dems.

That leaves them high and dry. Trump will be the President. Conservatives will defend their Senators that fought to achieve a conservative court...and that will help down-ballot races.

On the other side...dems are already pissed off and have been since 2016. The only effect on them will demoralization. It takes the Supreme Court off the table. They lose again, and Trump wins again.

KAG.

Exactly. The GOP have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain.

The time for niceties ended when Obama and the Democrats spied on the Trump campaign, acused him of being a Russian agent, called him a Nazi, and then staged a phony impeachment.

They tried to destroy Brett Kavanaugh., Crazy Nanshee tearing up the State of the Union address on TV, Biden shamelessly enriching his son and brother....the list is endless.

It is time we send Crazy Nanshee, AOC and her squad of scumbag commies, Cryin' Chuck Schumer, Comrade deBlasio, Governor Nuisance, Governer Half Whitmer, Little Mikey Bloomberg, Governer Cuomo, the entire MSM, Antifa, BLM, and the rest of these America hating shitbirds a clear message - YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED.

This ain't your Daddy's Democrat party, this is a party that hates America and Americans.
The GOP have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Wrong, you can't trust a GOP, amoral killers that go for the jugular. Fight fire with fire, put 2 more members on the Supreme Court.

Go for it. It nearly destroyed FDR when he tried it at the height of his power and popularity. Basement Biden and his cohorts will be chewed up and spit out.

We are at war. Sure...it's currently a cold war...but a war none the less. The Dems have launched their offensive with the universal mail-in voting fiasco. This totally blunts that attack. A Conservative Constitutional Supreme Court will not hand the election to the Dems.

That leaves them high and dry. Trump will be the President. Conservatives will defend their Senators that fought to achieve a conservative court...and that will help down-ballot races.

On the other side...dems are already pissed off and have been since 2016. The only effect on them will demoralization. It takes the Supreme Court off the table. They lose again, and Trump wins again.

KAG.

The time for niceties ended when Obama and the Democrats spied on the Trump campaign, acused him of being a Russian agent, called him a Nazi, and then staged a phony impeachment.

They tried to destroy Brett Kavanaugh., Crazy Nanshee tearing up the State of the Union address on TV, Biden shamelessly enriching his son and brother....the list is endless.

It is time we send Crazy Nanshee, AOC and her squad of scumbag commies, Cryin' Chuck Schumer, Comrade deBlasio, Governor Nuisance, Governer Half Whitmer, Little Mikey Bloomberg, Governer Cuomo, the entire MSM, Antifa, BLM, and the rest of these America hating shitbirds a clear message - YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED.

This ain't your Daddy's Democrat party, this is a party that hates America and Americans.

Wrong, you can't trust a GOP, amoral killers that go for the jugular. Fight fire with fire, put 2 more members on the Supreme Court.

Go for it. It nearly destroyed FDR when he tried it at the height of his power and popularity. Basement Biden and his cohorts will be chewed up and spit out.

Women will come in droves to vote for Biden, healthcare and women's rights are on the line.

KAG.

Women will come in droves to vote for Biden, healthcare and women's rights are on the line.

What women's rights are on the line?

KAG.

Yes of course they will.
Just like they did for HilLIARy in 2016......

hot-head-hilary-beat-bill-unconscious-ne-short.jpg

I think that Mitt Romney can't wait until he can, yet again, drive a knife deep between the shoulder blades of the GOP Senate majority.

We have 53.
Murkowski will cower out.
Susan Collins will certainly be tempted.
If one more, cowers out, then Romney can be the cave that puts it even beyond Pence's tie breaker vote.

“A couple of dozen progressive constitutional law professors, including several very prominent ones, have written a letter that, taken seriously, means that President Trump has a constitutional duty to nominate a new Supreme Court Justice and the Senate has the duty to hold a floor vote this year. . . .

Plus: “A very similar letter was sent by 350 or so law professors to the Senate Judiciary Committee, concluding: ‘The Senate Judiciary Committee should hold a prompt and fair hearing and the full Senate should hold a timely vote on the president’s nominee.'”

AND YOU KNOW HE’S RIGHT ABOUT THIS:

Screen-Shot-2020-09-21-at-1.15.52-PM.png

Assuming that a replacement for Ginsburg has not been confirmed by November 3, and further assuming that Trump loses the election, should a defeated President be allowed to appoint a judge to the Supreme Court?

It should be pointed out, both assumptions are extremely likely. Trump is the least popular President in modern American history.

There is a corollary to the question. Should the defeated party in the Senate be allowed to confirm a Supreme Court judge?

Based on limited researched, I have been unable to find those questions addressed. However, allow me to answer my own questions.

There is absolutely nothing in the past four years to suggest that Trump and Trump Republicans in the Senate will put the will of the American people first.

If Trump is defeated, if the GOP loses control of the Senate -- both likely, why else are Republicans in such a hurry -- and Trump Republicans confirm Ginsburg's replacement, the GOP is likely to lose power for at least a generation.
Precisely why the republicans should fill the opening while they have the chance. A final FU to America on their way out.

Precisely why the republicans should fill the opening while they have the chance. A final FU to America on their way out.
You and your ilk are not America, shit for brains.

Sure as fuck isn't you and your fellow cultists.

Regardless of the election consequences , the GOP need to get a new judge seated before the election. PERIOD.

That being said, I believe that Trump will win easily. By showing backbone and getting a new judge appointed, it will only help down ballot races as well. There is a very good chance that the GOP will hold majorities in the Supreme Court, the House, the Senate, and the White House. I am still not tired of winning!!

Trump has proven that playing "nice" with Democrats is a bad strategy. They understand only one thing- a kick in the face! STRENGTH WINS. Get this judge seated and continue to destroy and expose Demorats at every turn. Take no prisoners. Be ruthless. Then blame them for making you do it to them.

I agree. They need to move on this ASAP. I hope its Barrett as she's a Constitutionalist Judge and we need more of those folks on the SC.

Sure as fuck isn't you and your fellow cultists.
Yes it is, you fucking douchebag. We aren't cultists. We're realists. No one who plans on voting for the senile pedophile has the cred to go around calling others "cultists."

Um, I hope people are not fooled into believing if TRUMP replaces RBG and then goes on to lose the election that liberals won't find a way to undo the appointment.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
And that's the suburban vote. I suppose it's possible that getting the vote that will allow states to again outlaw abortion will motivate any in the religious right that voted for Trump in 16 but are wavering. I'm not sure there are any anti-abortion voters who didn't vote in 16, though.

IMO, a very rare gutsy move could actually improve the usually feckless and weak GOP's chances of making gains.

Yes, that's the thing. The problem with the Republicans is they have always been willing to compromise principles in the never ending failed attempt to win through cowardice and lack of committment.

I can't really process the choice of what if they could win through cowardice and lack of commitment ...

The question is what if they had stones?

Forum List

Back