A former trump fan explained why he stopped supporting him

BertramN

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2016

Former trump fan Danny Collins has gone viral after posting on TikTok why he stopped supporting the disgraced and disgraceful former president.

“Collins said he used to agree with Trump's words, then realized they reflected the ‘worst’ of himself.” Responding to another creator who was questioning trump's critics as to why they “‘hate him so much,’” Collins explained in his video, “‘It's simple for me, because he made me realize how horrible of a person I really was.’” Collins admitted he ‘drank the juice’ and ‘joined the cult.’”

“‘I was on the Trump train, baby,’ he said.” Collins said he agreed completely when trump would “speak about building a wall around Mexico and keeping immigrants out of the US and that Muslim people were a threat to the US.”

“‘All of those internalized beliefs, the worst of me that I used to keep suppressed, he brought to the surface,’ he said. ‘He showed me how much of a racist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, misogynistic, woman-hating, Christian white nationalist I truly was.’”

Collins said he felt trump's slogan, “Make America Great Again, with ‘every fiber’ of his being.”

Continuing, he said trump “‘made me believe as a white, straight Christian male, that I was under attack, that I was being discriminated against in America today.’”

Collins explained he had been an inmate in the Florida Department of Corrections for ten years “and was never tempted to join a gang until he was convinced that ‘the white man was under attack.’”

“In 2021, he was an inmate at the New River Correctional Institution and was ‘cheering’ on the crowd during the January 6 US Capitol attack while in the TV room. He said at that time, he believed people were taking their country back.”

Following his release in June of 2021 Collins had “‘every intention of telling the world how great Trump is.’”

Collins stated what hate most about trump “‘Is that I actually believed the lie. I believed that he actually cared about me, the poor, common folk. I hate that he brought out the worst in me and everybody else that I was closely associated with.’”

It was a friend he made in prison, a Black Muslim man that made Collins change his “perspective.” He began to understand that “‘everything he identified in Trump was reflected in something in himself.’”

“‘He didn't make me be a bad person — he just emboldened me to be the person I already was,’ he said. ‘Donald Trump appeals to the worst of America. In 2024, we need to bring out the best of America.’”

Collins' video touched thousands of people, the majority of responses were complimentary of his “‘self-awareness’ and ‘humility’” and thankful for his video.

Hopefully, Collins epiphany will inspire others to self-examination and to see trump, and themselves, in a true light. Most Americans are disgusted by trump’s hate-filled rhetoric, his thousands of lies, his corruption, and his criminal behavior.

Former trump fan Danny Collins has gone viral after posting on TikTok why he stopped supporting the disgraced and disgraceful former president.

“Collins said he used to agree with Trump's words, then realized they reflected the ‘worst’ of himself.” Responding to another creator who was questioning trump's critics as to why they “‘hate him so much,’” Collins explained in his video, “‘It's simple for me, because he made me realize how horrible of a person I really was.’” Collins admitted he ‘drank the juice’ and ‘joined the cult.’”

“‘I was on the Trump train, baby,’ he said.” Collins said he agreed completely when trump would “speak about building a wall around Mexico and keeping immigrants out of the US and that Muslim people were a threat to the US.”

“‘All of those internalized beliefs, the worst of me that I used to keep suppressed, he brought to the surface,’ he said. ‘He showed me how much of a racist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, misogynistic, woman-hating, Christian white nationalist I truly was.’”

Collins said he felt trump's slogan, “Make America Great Again, with ‘every fiber’ of his being.”

Continuing, he said trump “‘made me believe as a white, straight Christian male, that I was under attack, that I was being discriminated against in America today.’”

Collins explained he had been an inmate in the Florida Department of Corrections for ten years “and was never tempted to join a gang until he was convinced that ‘the white man was under attack.’”

“In 2021, he was an inmate at the New River Correctional Institution and was ‘cheering’ on the crowd during the January 6 US Capitol attack while in the TV room. He said at that time, he believed people were taking their country back.”

Following his release in June of 2021 Collins had “‘every intention of telling the world how great Trump is.’”

Collins stated what hate most about trump “‘Is that I actually believed the lie. I believed that he actually cared about me, the poor, common folk. I hate that he brought out the worst in me and everybody else that I was closely associated with.’”

It was a friend he made in prison, a Black Muslim man that made Collins change his “perspective.” He began to understand that “‘everything he identified in Trump was reflected in something in himself.’”

“‘He didn't make me be a bad person — he just emboldened me to be the person I already was,’ he said. ‘Donald Trump appeals to the worst of America. In 2024, we need to bring out the best of America.’”

Collins' video touched thousands of people, the majority of responses were complimentary of his “‘self-awareness’ and ‘humility’” and thankful for his video.

Hopefully, Collins epiphany will inspire others to self-examination and to see trump, and themselves, in a true light. Most Americans are disgusted by trump’s hate-filled rhetoric, his thousands of lies, his corruption, and his criminal behavior.

That man was delivered from evil. He is free now

Wow! I've been wrong all along too. But it's too late for me to change. MAGA!

Oh look, some random dude on TikTok says he doesn't like Trump anymore. Did you ever consider he might be working for the Democrats like half of the Trump haters on USMB? :auiqs.jpg:

What you don't know, is Danny Collins happens to be Phil's long lost American cuz.

So his words carry a lotta weight.

Eh, still wouldn't fucking matter actually.

NEEEEEEXT!

Just call him a traitor, like 100's of others.

The CULT is shrinking.
Time to support another (R) if you RWI's have any intention of winning ANY of the 2024 elections.

Are you clowns really ready to let trump sink the entire GOP?

I voted for Trump twice (2016 & 2020) but no more please. Surely there are more civilized people out there to oppose the Democrat machine. Nikki Haley for one and how about Rick DeSantis? Not to mention Chris Christie, he's a real fighter.

Oh look, some random dude on TikTok says he doesn't like Trump anymore. Did you ever consider he might be working for the Democrats like half of the Trump haters on USMB? :auiqs.jpg:
Did you ever consider he might be telling the truth and not every single solitary negative thing ever spoken about Trump isn’t some conspiracy against him

Did you ever consider he might be working for the Democrats like half of the Trump haters on USMB?
Which half?

---------------------------------------------------------------
It's a crisis, one alleged Trump fan out of 75,000,000.

Actually, wise heads inform that Trump has a dedicated cult of about 25,000,000.
Now, 25 is 1/3 of Legend's 75.....but it should not be dismissed. They are cult-like. Cultish. And that means they are loyal and focused and are a force to be reckoned with. The rest of voting America....maybe 125+ million ain' quite as focused and dedicated. So their leverage ain't as concentrated as the Trumpazoids is.

Forum List

Back