GOPgeoff

Rookie
Dec 20, 2015
Hello everyone , I have a few questions regarding steps I would need to take to one day become a US representative and Eventually Senator. I am curious what Degree is common and things I need to do. I am currently in High School and would love if any one could help. Thanks a lot.
Geoff

Poly Sci, history, sociology. And start taking part in elections now. Volunteer to man the phones for one party or the other. Do take some 200 science courses so you do not come across as totally retarded as some of our present politicians do. Of either party.

A law degree would be best, but not required.

When it comes to politics, your best bet is to work your way up. Start with your city council, maybe try to get the job of Mayor, and then perhaps into some state legislature positions.

The thing about politics is everybody knowing your name. Many people who vote don't even know WTF they are voting on which explains how we get the people we end up with. So a familiar name is pretty helpful. People will vote for you just because they heard of you somewhere.

Poly Sci, history, sociology. And start taking part in elections now. Volunteer to man the phones for one party or the other. Do take some 200 science courses so you do not come across as totally retarded as some of our present politicians do. Of either party.
man the phones ? what do you mean by that, and how would I get involved?

man the phones ? what do you mean by that, and how would I get involved?

Find a local campaign that you support, and volunteer for them. You can just walk into the campaign headquarters, they'll be happy to have you.

Unfortunately what's "common" is a law degree. We have waaaaaay too many lawyers in government. That might make a good background for persuasive argument but it doesn't necessarily bring ethics with it.

Better for a politician to know History I think.

Do not under any circumstances, post anything stupid on social media. Or even on this forum. Someone will find it if you run.

Provided you use your last name or offer the address in which you live. Other than that, we are all pretty anonymous here and nobody can make any charges against you without positive proof unless they don't mind getting sued.

Do not under any circumstances, post anything stupid on social media. Or even on this forum. Someone will find it if you run.

Provided you use your last name or offer the address in which you live. Other than that, we are all pretty anonymous here and nobody can make any charges against you without positive proof unless they don't mind getting sued.
If he ever made it to the big leagues the safety net of lawsuits would be completely meaningless. Anonymous sources would be his biggest enemy.

Social media is a plague tc. Avoid it

I'd strongly recommend reconsidering and thinking about an honorable profession.

You want him to move up from politician to prostitution? It's a big step....
I'd get heaps of votes if I ran for something right now.:lmao:

--- the exit door?
rimshot.gif

Hello everyone , I have a few questions regarding steps I would need to take to one day become a US representative and Eventually Senator. I am curious what Degree is common and things I need to do. I am currently in High School and would love if any one could help. Thanks a lot.
Geoff
"Our current political system ensures not that the worst will get on top -- though they often do -- but that the best will never even apply." -- Paul Jacob

Forum List

Back