Hello everyone , I have a few questions regarding steps I would need to take to one day become a US representative and Eventually Senator. I am curious what Degree is common and things I need to do. I am currently in High School and would love if any one could help. Thanks a lot.
Geoff
"Our current political system ensures not that the worst will get on top -- though they often do -- but that the best will never even apply." -- Paul Jacob

The function of the Democrat Party is to separate the wheat from the chaff, and see that the chaff gets elected.

Hello everyone , I have a few questions regarding steps I would need to take to one day become a US representative and Eventually Senator. I am curious what Degree is common and things I need to do. I am currently in High School and would love if any one could help. Thanks a lot.
Geoff

First of all, get yourself a job in a decent career field other than law or politics. Use what spare time you have to become connected to the local party establishment. Just walk into one of their offices and say you want to help out.

Make lots and lots of contacts. Then, start out by being a member of a local delegation to a state convention. Later on, make it to the national.

And then, run for a local community position such as city council or county commission. Work you way up to state legislature and then you will be ready for the national scene.

Good luck.

Geoff

First of all, get yourself a job in a decent career field other than law or politics. Use what spare time you have to become connected to the local party establishment. Just walk into one of their offices and say you want to help out.

Make lots and lots of contacts. Then, start out by being a member of a local delegation to a state convention. Later on, make it to the national.

And then, run for a local community position such as city council or county commission. Work you way up to state legislature and then you will be ready for the national scene.

Good luck.
And don't get caught in bed with a live boy or a dead girl.

Oh, wait. Those rules don't apply any more.

You are a fool then.

I believe in this country . And I respect the military enough to not send them to fight superflous wars . You seriously want to place your sons life in the hands of these reckless pols who think nothing of him dieing ?

and you want to give them absolute power over your healthcare, your retirement, your paycheck, and where you can live, what you can buy, how you can engage in sex..........

You must be talking about the GOP .

really? You are slow arn't you...?

Let's see . Healthcare they won't allow abortion without a bunch of hurdles , they let your employer fuck with your health plan because of their beliefs .

How u can engage in sex ? Conservatives have all kinds of rules .

You won't have a retirement under GOP watch .

What you can buy depends on what Jesus would say . No vices for you !

You seriously think the GOP is better with that stuff ? What are you smoking ? It can't be weed cause conservatives are against it.

They don't want women to murder their babies…wow…bad on them huh…..

Your employer is providing your healthcare they get to decide what you get…you don't like it get your own healthcare….how is that wrong?

You checked out college campuses lately and their sex codes……?

You won't have retirement under the Dems……..they have destroyed social security and are now looking to take over our 401ks……

And I think conservatives are better with that stuff…since they believe in the Bill of Rights and the Constitution……….

Believe in the bill of rights !?? Lol!!! I'll give you the 2nd , but as for the rest ? The GOP whipes its ass with the bill o rights!

I believe the OP got a clear message on mud slinging politics.............

Did we scare the youngster away?

Please . No way would all these righties be banging the war drum if thier kids had a chance of being shipped out .

Like I said, just because your "morals" are based on "what's in it for me?" doesn't make you exemplary of anyone but shitstains like yourself.

For the record, my oldest son is 20, and every male member of my family except my husband (who was turned down for medical reasons) has served in one branch or another of the US military. My son intends to do the same . . . voluntarily, because unlike dipshits like you, he believes in his country.

You are a fool then.

I believe in this country . And I respect the military enough to not send them to fight superflous wars . You seriously want to place your sons life in the hands of these reckless pols who think nothing of him dieing ?

No, hon, that's why he's waiting to enlist until AFTER Obama is out of office.

and you want to give them absolute power over your healthcare, your retirement, your paycheck, and where you can live, what you can buy, how you can engage in sex..........

You must be talking about the GOP .

really? You are slow arn't you...?

Let's see . Healthcare they won't allow abortion without a bunch of hurdles , they let your employer fuck with your health plan because of their beliefs .

How u can engage in sex ? Conservatives have all kinds of rules .

You won't have a retirement under GOP watch .

What you can buy depends on what Jesus would say . No vices for you !

You seriously think the GOP is better with that stuff ? What are you smoking ? It can't be weed cause conservatives are against it.

They don't want women to murder their babies…wow…bad on them huh…..

Your employer is providing your healthcare they get to decide what you get…you don't like it get your own healthcare….how is that wrong?

You checked out college campuses lately and their sex codes……?

You won't have retirement under the Dems……..they have destroyed social security and are now looking to take over our 401ks……

And I think conservatives are better with that stuff…since they believe in the Bill of Rights and the Constitution……….

Believe in the bill of rights !?? Lol!!! I'll give you the 2nd , but as for the rest ? The GOP whipes its ass with the bill o rights!

Oh? Is it Republicans who advocate "free speech zones", rather than believing THE ENTIRE COUNTRY is a free speech zone? No, that would be Democrats.

Is it Republicans closing people's businesses because they disapprove of their religious beliefs and want to force them to stop exercising those beliefs? No, that would ALSO be the Democrats.

Is it the Republicans who turn "petition the government for redress of grievances" on its head by persecuting political opponents via the power of the Internet and legislating via executive orders? I think you see a pattern growing here.

You've already admitted that Republicans are the ones who support the right to keep and bear arms, rather than Democrats doing so.

I don't believe I see ANYONE advocating the quartering of soldiers in private homes.

Let's see, who was it that sponsored a bill in Washington that would allow police officers to search a person's home once a year without a warrant if that person owned certain types of guns? Damn, that was Democrats again. (Dems Sponsor Bill To Violate Fourth Amendment Rights Of Gun Owners - Freedom Outpost)

Due process of law? Hmmm, I believe it was also the Democrats who suggested that merely being on a no-fly list should be enough to revoke a citizen's Second Amendment rights, wasn't it?

As for a speedy, just trial by a jury of one's peers, I'm pretty sure those weren't Republicans forming violent mobs demanding racially-based lynchings of people like George Zimmerman and Darren Wilson.

Can't recall any Republican ever advocating doing away with jury trials in civil cases, although I've noticed that Democrats seem to think any time a big, non-PC corporation is sued, they're automatically guilty and should be destroyed (tobacco companies, anyone?).

Excessive bail, fines, and cruel and unusual punishment? See George Zimmerman and Darren Wilson, above. Both acquitted, and Democrats STILL think their entire lives should be spent in hiding from leftist death threats.

As for the 9th and 10th Amendments, I think we all know who believes no one but the all-knowing, benevolent government should have any rights or powers, and that any retained by the states or the people are mere gifts from the fed, and it ain't Republicans.

So tell me again who's wiping whose ass with the Bill of Rights?

Forum List

Back