A bunch of pagans desecrate the monument at Auschwitz...

Paganism covers any non abrahmic religion except buddhism and yeah, they engage in animal and occasionally human sacrifice.

Hindu friends have explained to me that the many "gods" are simply
the "aspects" of the single deity-----(I am willing to accept that)----also
Zoroastrians tend to consider their dualism to be monotheism. Sacrifice
refers to the slaughtering of animals (or any living thing)-----even for hamburgers.
I have no comment on human sacrifice-----technically abortion is human sacrifice---
but so is AMPUTATION of a toe as in-----DA SURGEON SACRIFICED DA GANGRENOUS TOE
Zoroastrianism is a dual theology.

You have the God of Light and the God of Darkness.

Two Gods. Not one.

no different from ----the "god" of heaven ad
Paganism covers any non abrahmic religion except buddhism and yeah, they engage in animal and occasionally human sacrifice.

refers to the slaughtering of animals (or any living thing)-----even for hamburgers.
I have no comment on human sacrifice-----technically abortion is human sacrifice---

Two Gods. Not one.

nope----in the end ONE GOD----ahura mazda (or something like that)----
like------in the end------ONE GOD IN HEAVEN-----and the end of the
other "god"------da devil-------down dere in hell
You cannot kill a god.

Both a good god and a bad god are both immortal.
Ditheism doesn't necessarily imply the absence of monotheistic or even monistic principles. Rosie is right, in that all forms of Zoroastrianism are monotheistic. The primary difference between Mazdaism and Manichaeism, for instance, is that the former is more indicative of dualistic monotheism (with one Creator God pushing a sort of thesis/antithesis relationship throughout the whole of creation, minus any Hegelian synthesis in the process), while the latter ascribes a common ground from which the 2 co-eternal opposing forces emanate (I.E. monistic monotheism).
If you guys/gals were Jews or Moslems I could see your obsession with monotheism.

However philosophically speaking we only know from San Tomas Aquinas' 5 proofs of God that there must be AT LEAST ONE God.

Philosophically there could be many more.

In Christianity there are 3 Gods at least. 4 at least if you read the Gospel Of John carefully.

In Hinduism there are hundreds if not thousands.

Two Gods. Not one.

no different from ----the "god" of heaven ad

Two Gods. Not one.

nope----in the end ONE GOD----ahura mazda (or something like that)----
like------in the end------ONE GOD IN HEAVEN-----and the end of the
other "god"------da devil-------down dere in hell
You cannot kill a god.

Both a good god and a bad god are both immortal.
Ditheism doesn't necessarily imply the absence of monotheistic or even monistic principles. Rosie is right, in that all forms of Zoroastrianism are monotheistic. The primary difference between Mazdaism and Manichaeism, for instance, is that the former is more indicative of dualistic monotheism (with one Creator God pushing a sort of thesis/antithesis relationship throughout the whole of creation, minus any Hegelian synthesis in the process), while the latter ascribes a common ground from which the 2 co-eternal opposing forces emanate (I.E. monistic monotheism).
If you guys/gals were Jews or Moslems I could see your obsession with monotheism.

However philosophically speaking we only know from San Tomas Aquinas' 5 proofs of God that there must be AT LEAST ONE God.

Philosophically there could be many more.

In Christianity there are 3 Gods at least. 4 at least if you read the Gospel Of John carefully.

In Hinduism there are hundreds if not thousands.
Just be glad that she's not bashing disabled kids again today
In fairness to K-grill, spanking is condoned in the Bible.

"He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes. " (Proverbs 13:24, KJV)
I'll be happy to spank koshergrl .

I'll do it nice and slow so she can enjoy it.

do yourself a favor and delete this post

the "aspects" of the single deity-----(I am willing to accept that)

"Gods" is a leaky term, since we tend to frame what in some other religion is termed a "god" as some kind of alternative to our own Judeo-Xian monotheist old man in a long white beard motif. We need to look at the expression beyond those limitations.

In the Yoruba tradition for example that expresses as Santeria (in Spanish America), Candomblé (in Brazil) or Voudoun (in French West Indies), the orishas are sometimes termed "gods". More accurately they are forces of Nature. Shango (Sango/Chango/Xango) for instance is the antrhopomorphic essence of thunder and iron -- while other orixas have their own Nature associations. But they don't mean "gods" in our sense of an "all-knowing creator" type of thing.

Not unrelated is the attitude of Taoism, which seeks to understand the same essences or characters of Nature, but does not anthropomorphize them into "gods". But it's much the same quest.

Classy. Was pillars there? No I guess not, these are young people whose nakedness won't sear your eyeballs out if you happened to view it:

"Fourteen men and women in their twenties on Friday slaughtered a sheep and took their clothes off at the former Nazi German death camp Auschwitz-Birkenau, according to the museum at the site in southern Poland.

The individuals aged 20 to 27, whose identities and motives are unknown, then chained themselves together in front of the camp's infamous "Arbeit macht frei" ("Work makes you free") gate, the museum said in a statement."

Naked people slaughter a sheep at Auschwitz death camp

Uhhhmmmm..... if their "identities and motives are unknown" --- from your own link --- then where do you get "pagans"?

Think much?
Sacrifice and naked hijinks are kind of the pagans' calling card. I know that cuz...reading.

Cuz reading "The DaVinci Code" :rolleyes:
More like Children of the Corn. I liked the DaVinci Code.

"Gods" is a leaky term, since we tend to frame what in some other religion is termed a "god" as some kind of alternative to our own Judeo-Xian monotheist old man in a long white beard motif. We need to look at the expression beyond those limitations.

In the Yoruba tradition for example that expresses as Santeria (in Spanish America), Candomblé (in Brazil) or Voudoun (in French West Indies), the orishas are sometimes termed "gods". More accurately they are forces of Nature. Shango (Sango/Chango/Xango) for instance is the antrhopomorphic essence of thunder and iron -- while other orixas have their own Nature associations. But they don't mean "gods" in our sense of an "all-knowing creator" type of thing.

Not unrelated is the attitude of Taoism, which seeks to understand the same essences or characters of Nature, but does not anthropomorphize them into "gods". But it's much the same quest.

I prefer parvati with lots of arms

Movies about God?

I liked Charlton Heston as Moses.

And Jim Caviezel as Jesus in Passion Of The Christ.

"washing in the blood of the lamb"??? I have never heard a Christian of any
flavor SAY THAT PHRASE.-------who does?

Oh you gotta listen to the "Joy FM" Godcaster radio station down the road. You learn a lot.

That bit of perversion doesn't offend me nearly as much as a song I heard a couple of weeks ago that kept whinnying the phrase "trust and obey". That's disgusting. :puke:

There has not been a good movie made about Constantine yet, but maybe Mel Gibson will get around to it someday.

I prefer parvati with lots of arms

I prefer Chabati with lots of butter. :D

Classy. Was pillars there? No I guess not, these are young people whose nakedness won't sear your eyeballs out if you happened to view it:

"Fourteen men and women in their twenties on Friday slaughtered a sheep and took their clothes off at the former Nazi German death camp Auschwitz-Birkenau, according to the museum at the site in southern Poland.

The individuals aged 20 to 27, whose identities and motives are unknown, then chained themselves together in front of the camp's infamous "Arbeit macht frei" ("Work makes you free") gate, the museum said in a statement."

Uhhhmmmm..... if their "identities and motives are unknown" --- from your own link --- then where do you get "pagans"?

Think much?
Sacrifice and naked hijinks are kind of the pagans' calling card. I know that cuz...reading.

much is being made of a bunch of nuts dancing naked------a harmless
activity

Aye. I understand there are watering holes dedicated to the practice.

Think much?

More like Children of the Corn. I liked the DaVinci Code.

Haven't read that one. But I remembered the naked dancing scene in DVC. I figured that's the extent of KG's 'religions of the world' edumacation.

I think you may have denigrated paganism, which I know next to nothing about but I don't think they do animal sacrifices. SMH.

It's still paganism.

surgery is paganism? I have to admit----lots of surgeons are raunchy
characters------but I never called them "PAGANS"
neither have I.

There has not been a good movie made about Constantine yet, but maybe Mel Gibson will get around to it someday.

good choice-----SAINT CONSTANTINE <<< the original Nazi pig. FOUNDER
OF THE FIRST REICH. Mel is already salivating
I can envision the movie going along with Constantine being an ordinary Roman emperor, like his father, right up to the time of his vision of the sun halo and the voice from Heaven.

After that he becomes a quiet reflective person having been changed forever by the vision of God.

I can envision the movie going along with Constantine being an ordinary Roman emperor, like his father, right up to the time of his vision of the sun halo and the voice from Heaven.

After that he becomes a quiet reflective person having been changed forever by the vision of God.

oh-----so nothing at all like a documentary-----more like a fairy tale.

How do you think it happened then ??

How do you think it happened then ??

Mel's way. on rivers of blood. ---and the foundation of the Inquisition and
the Nuremburg laws He will LOVE IT-----

Forum List

Back