A breath of fresh air from Hollywood

while everyone is entitled to express their opinions (except conservatives in liberal lala land) I give credit to Goldie Hawn.

Well, some people are interested in politics, and others aren't.

How this is a "fresh of breath hair" I do not know. Loads of actors don't give their political opinion. Some do.

People who don't like their opinion will try and get them to shut up with the "shut up actor" narrative, which seems to be what you're pushing.

Gee, got any good photoshopped pictures made to make Goldie Hawn look slutty?

Best I could find.
goldie-hawn-sexy.jpg

The problem with Hollywood is they try to use their popularity to influence others, instead of making rational arguments.
I do not mind rational arguments, but most people from Hollywood are not informed or intelligent enough for that.

The problem with Hollywood is they try to use their popularity to influence others .....
I would say the opposite .... using every means possible to gain the popularity you say they already possess. That applies to those of them who take the microphone to make political stands as well as those who claim not to do so (Goldie Hawn) ... with microphone in hand, of course.

Most people don’t follow politics nor policy closely enough to have an educated opinion on it. If Goldie doesn’t then no big deal. Most celebrities aren’t political, you guys only know of the ones who are. It’s no different than your percentage of nutbag Facebook nuts posting “the election was stolen” nuttery.

Well, some people are interested in politics, and others aren't.

How this is a "fresh of breath hair" I do not know. Loads of actors don't give their political opinion. Some do.

People who don't like their opinion will try and get them to shut up with the "shut up actor" narrative, which seems to be what you're pushing.
We live in an era where the actors' political views overwhelm their craft. I find it difficult to watch films made in the last few decades and more with them playing American military people. They should be playing Nazis, Communists, Fascists and those from nations affected as the norm. For that is what they are. I cut watching films down on this and other ways by 90% or so because of it.

Conservative actors often express their opinions. Are you suggesting everyone should be required to agree with those opinions?

Where did you get that from? He never said anything about having to agree with someone. Infact he pointed out how she minds her own business, which is the opposite of saying you should agree.

Another person in Hollywood who I don't think has ever said all that much concerning this matter is my most favorite actor Bronson Pinchot. I love him so much! :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

I find it difficult to watch films made in the last few decades and more with them playing American military people.

Yep. Let's start with John Wayne who never served a day in the armed forces. He makes me want to puke.
... They should be playing Nazis, Communists, Fascists and those from nations affected as the norm. For that is what they are.
That's the truth. I respect Jane Fonda for going to Hanoi to try to make friends. I was a soldier in Vietnam 1966-67 and our main mission was to destroy as much and kill as many people as possible just so a bunch of politicians and businessmen could make a few more gazillion dollars. HOWEVER ..... I don't recall any other celebrity who understood what we were going through. I saw Bob Hope when he came over to do his "show" and I ended up hating him for saying that our hearts weren't in the killing because a lot of the guys were flashing 'peace signs'. He said it was "bad for morale". I'd like to see that fucker tote an M-16 and join us for a full day's work.

I cut watching films down on this and other ways by 90% or so because of it.
Me too.

Yep. Let's start with John Wayne who never served a day in the armed forces. He makes me want to puke.

That's the truth. I respect Jane Fonda for going to Hanoi to try to make friends. I was a soldier in Vietnam 1966-67 and our main mission was to destroy as much and kill as many people as possible just so a bunch of politicians and businessmen could make a few more gazillion dollars. HOWEVER ..... I don't recall any other celebrity who understood what we were going through. I saw Bob Hope when he came over to do his "show" and I ended up hating him for saying that our hearts weren't in the killing because a lot of the guys were flashing 'peace signs'. He said it was "bad for morale". I'd like to see that fucker tote an M-16 and join us for a full day's work.

Me too.
Oh brother.....it's Dimmer o'clock! Cuckoo, cuckoo cuckoo!!!!

Conservative actors often express their opinions. Are you suggesting everyone should be required to agree with those opinions?
I think actors are among the most screwed up members of society

and on average their opinion is worth far less than the average man on the street

Forum List

Back