A Blow to the Muslim Brotherhood

Islam hasn't succeded at all. They can't grasp women liberation, freedom of speech or basically anything else beyond a 16th century society.
At 1.5 billion adherents and growing; Islam has succeeded very well.

And yes, we grasp what women's liberation is all about.....and what it has lead to.....and reject it.

In the western nations, teenage pregnancy is rampant, 50% + single unmarried mothers, blatant lesbianism, epidemic spread of STD's, etc.

Israel and the CIA were sabotaging everything they could behind the scenes to destroy the MB

Obama recently gave the Egyptian military 1.5 billion in weapons and support.

Which was in reality a pay off to oust Morsi and kick out the MB from power.

I don't think Obama knows what the hell he's doing.

He's friends with the MB, and he supports them. Maybe he thought they had better control of the military.

I seriously think Obama cannot do anything right unless it is preordained.

I don't know about the preordained part, but I get the impression that the US Govt was caught flatfooted i.e. unprepared by the recent events in Egypt. And supposedly the NSA is listening in on everyone's conversations. I guess the NSA didn't pick up useful intelligence, or else the Govt didn't know how to interpret it correctly.

Islam hasn't succeded at all. They can't grasp women liberation, freedom of speech or basically anything else beyond a 16th century society.

And yes, we grasp what women's liberation is all about.....and what it has lead to.....and reject it.

In the western nations, teenage pregnancy is rampant, 50% + single unmarried mothers, blatant lesbianism, epidemic spread of STD's, etc.

Nice - we can discuss!
Now, Egypt have a lot of well educated and liberated women, are they not going to get married, divoreced, having sex, dress, get educated and paid equal to men? Like in your country?
What then? Time to move?

"...yes, we grasp what women's liberation is all about.....and what it has lead to.....and reject it..."
This explains, in large part, Islam's image amongst many Westerners as medieval and backwards and oppressive and mysoginistic.
We really don't care what the West thinks about the way we deal with our women.

True story........ :cool:

Morsi did stir war rumblings up and the Egyptian military and people do not want war.
Why are so many Muslims hell bent on going to war for Allah?

The Last Day. The Last Battle. Armageddon. The Angel with the key to the bottomless pit.

"...yes, we grasp what women's liberation is all about.....and what it has lead to.....and reject it..."
This explains, in large part, Islam's image amongst many Westerners as medieval and backwards and oppressive and mysoginistic.

That's fine...

We'll just keep putting it on your womens' scopes that there is a different and better way...

Until that glorious day comes when women seize political power for themselves in Muslim-dominated Country A and B and C, and begin to shove real gender-treatment change down their menfolks' throats...

And dinosaur mentalities of old are pushed to the sidelines...

We can call the initiative Radio Free Gender-Equality...
wink_smile.gif

Hey, maybe that's the key to a Reformation within Islam, after all... appeal to that half of the Ummah that can think ahead, rather than behind...
tongue_smile.gif

Last edited:

"We"? As in muslims?
But "you" do care. True story, from the streets of Kairo. The people won't accept Islam as law, not until it gets in tune with the people. The west (your country) isn't revolting i Egypt. Egyptians are.

Christianity couldn't do it either.

For the first time in history the MB managed to gain control in Egypt....and it quickly found out that governing was a different proposition to being a radical movement in the background responsible of causing terrorism and divisions.The Egyptian people simply did not tolerate the Brotherhood's attempt to completely change their culture and to have to see their economy become bankrupt.

The popular overthrow of the MB was indeed a severe blow for their status as they have been proved unfit to rule!

On the other hand ,the military had shown they are a worthy guardian of looking after Egypt's interests and should be praised!

However, the usual naive incompetence of the Obama Administration is already criticizing the Army and threatening to with hold aid to Egypt... it makes you wonder what side Obama is really on.... I mean... he was so quick to praise Morsi.... and now he is criticizing the opposition and other groups which includes about 10% of the Egyptian population, among them Christians and shiites who have been severly attacked under Morsi's reign!

Obama's general attitude is unbelievable and in my opinion he certainly does not represent Western and American religious values!

Although, I am no friend of Pres. Obama and the democrats.

He is making the right call on this issue.

The legitimate and democratically elected president of Egypt was ousted and jailed.

In a blatant military coup by a cabal of traitorous generals.

And all patriotic Americans should support Pres. Morsi who is a good friend to the U.S. :cool:

The legitimate and democratically elected president of Egypt was ousted and jailed.

And all patriotic Americans should support Pres. Morsi who is a good friend to the U.S. :cool:

So was Mubarak. 'Course we paid him to be just like we paid Morsi. We can pay the next guy too.

For the first time in history the MB managed to gain control in Egypt....and it quickly found out that governing was a different proposition to being a radical movement in the background responsible of causing terrorism and divisions.The Egyptian people simply did not tolerate the Brotherhood's attempt to completely change their culture and to have to see their economy become bankrupt.

The popular overthrow of the MB was indeed a severe blow for their status as they have been proved unfit to rule!

On the other hand ,the military had shown they are a worthy guardian of looking after Egypt's interests and should be praised!

However, the usual naive incompetence of the Obama Administration is already criticizing the Army and threatening to with hold aid to Egypt... it makes you wonder what side Obama is really on.... I mean... he was so quick to praise Morsi.... and now he is criticizing the opposition and other groups which includes about 10% of the Egyptian population, among them Christians and shiites who have been severly attacked under Morsi's reign!

Obama's general attitude is unbelievable and in my opinion he certainly does not represent Western and American religious values!

Right. What about the rights of the minorities?

Nice post!!!

I do not think the military would have acted in this manner if the former president was holding true to the democratic ideals which put him in office.

what was his call again? exactly?

:eusa_eh:

a question we should be asking ourselves is why- Libya is a hotbed of insurgency with no real gov. ( though we know now the gangs run the joint in all practical circumstances) , why Egypt is now too a mess and ......................Tunisia isn't....;)

a question we should be asking ourselves is why- Libya is a hotbed of insurgency with no real gov. ( though we know now the gangs run the joint in all practical circumstances) , why Egypt is now too a mess and ......................Tunisia isn't....;)

"Unlike Egypt," Marzouki said, "Tunisia is not split into warring parties. Tunisia's government aims to be inclusive, and there is dialogue among parties."

For political science professor and Tunisia observer Steven Ekovich, Tunis's Ennahda is markedly different from Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood.

http://www.voanews.com/content/fren...s-dismay-over-egypt-morsi-crisis/1695452.html

[x] No muslim brotherhood running the place.

Great, then you support my theory now?

A theory v2.0
Altered to be correct from a muslim (Sunni Mans) viewpoint:

While Christianity had a couple of hundered years to adapt to an ever changing society, Islam has still to go through that process. Only now, there is no time! Globalization has occured and you will have to adapt fast - or be extremely powerful.
Even communist China are slowly, maybe too slow, understood this.

Islam hasn't succeded as a tool for governing a modern society at all. Although they fully understand the concept of women liberation they find it wrong, hence seing 50% of the poulation as unequal. Other concepts, such as freedom of speech or basically anything else beyond a 16:th century society, they can't grasp.

So in order to establish themselves in Egypt, with a modern poulation and a strong and pragmatic (one of any modern armys core values) military, they had this time to show what they could do. And they failed.

I have to ask for some reasonable back up for that.

There is a certain amount of logic to Sunniman's allegation.

Israel would not be happy knowing that Egypt was now under the control of an organization with the sworn goal of wiping Israel off the map. Just recall how unhappy the US has been when it comes to communist influence in nations to the south. There has been undeniable attempts by the US to overthrow communist regimes in Latin American nations. Why would Israel be any different when it came to what it perceived as it's mortal enemy?

None of that matters. If the Muslim Brotherhood had been able to govern in a fair and secular fashion, there would have been no protests in the street and no change of regime needed or fomented.

Agreed, the MB's failure to understand the need for making a pretense at compromise definitely gave the Israeli's leverage to exploit. Had the MB been willing to pay even lip service to what was then a minority wanted they would have had more time to take a stronger hold on the reins of power. Instead they opted for a "Win-Lose" approach thereby leaving the door wide open for the fomenting of dissidence and unrest.

well as far as Aid and how thw admin. is reacting to the Egyptian crisis goes; I would like to remind folks of the obama admins reaction to the Honduran crisis in 2009 ala- Zelaya, the Honduran Parliament and Supreme Court ordered the military to take custody of Zelaya ( they did not have an impeachment mechanism in the country’s constitution). Was it 'legal'? Obama thought no, was it a coup? Apparently yes, as he cut Aid and canceled visas of several Honduran embassy officials etc. as well as applying pressure thru OAS ( Org. of American states).

So, now what?

Forum List

Back