A 45 million year record of Arctic sea temperatures and ice melt

Don't give up.

Change your views, perspectives, knowledge base and learn to improve and live better. Also let others live better.

Speaking of perspectives;
ice_ages1.gif

iu

517880120.jpg

A new study suggests that pollution is also associated with increased risk of mortality for several other types of cancer, including breast, liver, and pancreatic cancer.

Nope. Distances, physics and costs prevent that from being a reality.
Right now that's true but suppose at the meteor belt we made a planet the size of a small moon. One kids could grow up on, experience gravity, but it's just floating through space with solar sales.

Alpha Centauri is 4.4 light-years away, or nearly 40 trillion kilometers. The fastest spacecraft so far launched into space, the NASA-Germany Helios probes, traveled at 250,000 kilometers per hour. At that speed, it would take the probes 18,000 years to reach the nearest star to the sun.

Why can't we travel there in 18,000 years? That's a blink of an eye.

And I know, Alpha C wont' be inhabitable by then. So we need to travel to another planet that is just getting started. Maybe we even divert the frozen meteors so they put water on the planet.

Right now that's true but suppose at the meteor belt we made a planet the size of a small moon. One kids could grow up on, experience gravity, but it's just floating through space with solar sales.

Alpha Centauri is 4.4 light-years away, or nearly 40 trillion kilometers. The fastest spacecraft so far launched into space, the NASA-Germany Helios probes, traveled at 250,000 kilometers per hour. At that speed, it would take the probes 18,000 years to reach the nearest star to the sun.

Why can't we travel there in 18,000 years? That's a blink of an eye.

And I know, Alpha C wont' be inhabitable by then. So we need to travel to another planet that is just getting started. Maybe we even divert the frozen meteors so they put water on the planet.
Are you even reading what you wrote?

If CO2 worked as the Warmers supposed, Mars would be hotter than Venus
Actually ...

Mars has an atmosphere about 1/100th as thick/dense as Earth. Being so thin it is hard to hold much heat, hence Mars remains very cold.

Venus on the other hand has an atmosphere several times thicker, more dense than Earth so a different physics and chemistry applies there. With a reverse rotation, the suggestion is that something happened to Venus to physically flip the planet about 180 degrees. That means an immense amount of energy which likely is the source of it's extreme heat.

In both cases, neither is a proper example to apply to Earth, since both have extremely different other conditions and circumstances applying. Bottomline in both cases is that CO2 isn't the primary factor in their atmospheric temperatures, rather a sideline result~effect.

Actually ...

Mars has an atmosphere about 1/100th as thick/dense as Earth. Being so thin it is hard to hold much heat, hence Mars remains very cold.

Venus on the other hand has an atmosphere several times thicker, more dense than Earth so a different physics and chemistry applies there. With a reverse rotation, the suggestion is that something happened to Venus to physically flip the planet about 180 degrees. That means an immense amount of energy which likely is the source of it's extreme heat.

In both cases, neither is a proper example to apply to Earth, since both have extremely different other conditions and circumstances applying. Bottomline in both cases is that CO2 isn't the primary factor in their atmospheric temperatures, rather a sideline result~effect.

Well, remember we're talking about CO2 here so ANY increase will melt the planet. Mars is 99% CO2 and should have a surface hot as the Sun

Are you even reading what you wrote?
Why can't we?

Someone on Quora said

It is possible to build this type of space ship. The ship would be built in compartment on Earth (I say on Mars or from the Meteor belt) and flows into space in orbit around Earth (I say Mars) and assemble in while in orbit.

The operation would probably take 15 to 25 years depending on the final size of the Ship.

A crew of 150 to 200 hundred people all trained in a pacific trade to be able to solve all and any problem items that may arise during the MM’s of years the trip would take.

The ship and crew must be completely Germ free prior to starting the trip of no return. The Ship would be Atomic Powered only.

Thanks. Yes, diet is probably why. My brother laughs that I'll blame everything except smoking. I brought up Camp Lashune and he started laughing.

Yea yea, I'm no tree hugger. I'm just for a planet of smart leaders here and in China and Europe, South America, Africa were we go and live green. Like Avitar.

I don't care about me living forever or having my own kids carry on my legacy. I care more about humans living for as long as possible. Long enough to master the universe. So we don't die when this planet expires. We should mine the meteor belt and make a planet size ship that we can continue to travel and master the universe.

But instead of science the people who control us push religion. So we are stuck on stupid.

Outdoor air pollution causes roughly 1 in 10 cases of lung cancer.
Actually, "the people who control us" push a range of ideologies and religion is only one of the many forms such takes.

When looking at where we on Earth were about a century plus ago, and even a few decades ago, in many places we have improved and fixed things rather significantly. And are likely to continue that trend. As other nations/cultures acquire improved living standards and lifestyles, their reproduction rates will likely reduce to those of the developed, First World nations.

Along the way, as tech and industrial abilities improve and grow, we will likely gain in ways to effectively move off planet and develop life supporting systems "out there". I'd expect that within the next century or two we will have practical and cost effective means to travel interstellar and then we will see humanity spread to the stars.

Meanwhile, we will need a certain level of population to support the industry and economic base needed to advance technology and manufacturing resources needed to get there.

This is an idea and concept I'll try to explain and develop later in another thread. Point being what it takes now to make, say a 747 in terms of global industrial, economic, trade, and transport grid, along with population base and it's support(housing, feeding, etc.) and education, etc. and then realize that a comparable interstllar transport system~devices will require something several times more expanded than what we have now on this planet.

Well, remember we're talking about CO2 here so ANY increase will melt the planet. Mars is 99% CO2 and should have a surface hot as the Sun
NO!

Not when it's only on the edge of a vacuum. Not enough substance to that atmosphere to retain and hold that level of "heat".

CO2 is not the "magic" molecule some fools claim it is.

A new study suggests that pollution is also associated with increased risk of mortality for several other types of cancer, including breast, liver, and pancreatic cancer.
Depends upon the type of "pollution".
Many of the enviro-nazis claim CO2 is "pollution" yet 99+% of life needs it to survive. And we need those plants for ourselves to survive.

NO!

Not when it's only on the edge of a vacuum. Not enough substance to that atmosphere to retain and hold that level of "heat".

CO2 is not the "magic" molecule some fools claim it is.

I have to disagree with you! Crick has posted SO MANY hockey stick graphs showing any tiny, deminimus change in CO2 will cause a rapid, irreversible heat cascade I don't know how you can tell us something as insignificant as atmospheric pressure has any impact on a planets temperature. CO2 is the modern day back of a giant turtle holding the Earth in stable orbit.

/sarcasm

I have to disagree with you! Crick has posted SO MANY hockey stick graphs showing any tiny, deminimus change in CO2 will cause a rapid, irreversible heat cascade I don't know how you can tell us something as insignificant as atmospheric pressure has any impact on a planets temperature. CO2 is the modern day back of a giant turtle holding the Earth in stable orbit.

/sarcasm
There's a lot more to physics and chemistry than "Crick" knows or understands.

Why can't we?

Someone on Quora said

It is possible to build this type of space ship. The ship would be built in compartment on Earth (I say on Mars or from the Meteor belt) and flows into space in orbit around Earth (I say Mars) and assemble in while in orbit.

The operation would probably take 15 to 25 years depending on the final size of the Ship.

A crew of 150 to 200 hundred people all trained in a pacific trade to be able to solve all and any problem items that may arise during the MM’s of years the trip would take.

The ship and crew must be completely Germ free prior to starting the trip of no return. The Ship would be Atomic Powered only.
I'd suggest such sources need to spend some time getting dirt under their fingernails and growing some plants in a garden.

When one realizes and understands the thousands of species of micro-organisms and the millions of individual mirco lifeforms in a handful of soil, they will realize how difficult it will be to make a working bio-sphere within an interstellar vessel, capable of supporting life~humans for extnded time of months to years existence.

It may take decades to centuries of habitats, orbiting "cities"/psuedo-worlds in close Solar System space before we can make sustainable vessels for traveling to the stars.

Why can't we?

Someone on Quora said

I already told you why; distance, physics and costs.

Actually, "the people who control us" push a range of ideologies and religion is only one of the many forms such takes.

When looking at where we on Earth were about a century plus ago, and even a few decades ago, in many places we have improved and fixed things rather significantly. And are likely to continue that trend. As other nations/cultures acquire improved living standards and lifestyles, their reproduction rates will likely reduce to those of the developed, First World nations.

Along the way, as tech and industrial abilities improve and grow, we will likely gain in ways to effectively move off planet and develop life supporting systems "out there". I'd expect that within the next century or two we will have practical and cost effective means to travel interstellar and then we will see humanity spread to the stars.

Meanwhile, we will need a certain level of population to support the industry and economic base needed to advance technology and manufacturing resources needed to get there.

This is an idea and concept I'll try to explain and develop later in another thread. Point being what it takes now to make, say a 747 in terms of global industrial, economic, trade, and transport grid, along with population base and it's support(housing, feeding, etc.) and education, etc. and then realize that a comparable interstllar transport system~devices will require something several times more expanded than what we have now on this planet.
My friend listens to podcasts. He listened to one that said humans are not the highest level of civilization in the universe. Higher ones have cleaner air because of less pollution. They may even be able to control the weather. Fend off meteors. Interstellar travel.

I don't believe aliens visit here but I do believe we aren't alone. Even in our own solar system I believe life was once on Mars and lives now in Europa.

And that's why a 45 million year old record shows that Antarctic ice sheets and CO2 above 400 ppm are very unlikely to coexist.

And that's why a 45 million year old record shows that Antarctic ice sheets and CO2 above 400 ppm are very unlikely to coexist.
Yet, per the following, CO2 was dropping yet global temps weren't. Suggesting no linkage of the two, or at least that CO2 levels don't affect global temps. Likely some other mechanism in play.
iu

Forum List

Back