96% of workers seeking new employment in 2023

the first month felt like i was just on vacation.....then when that month was over it was like....fuck i dont have to go back to work.....it was great....still is....
I hear ya, I have worked at least 40 hours a week (minus vacation time) for the past 29 years, always being careful to not take too much time off for a vacation because I will run out of vacation time before the year is over, now, I can go where I want, when I want, and for how long I want.

How cool is that? 56 years old and free to do what I want with my time, and it is my time now, not my employer.

I hear ya, I have worked at least 40 hours a week (minus vacation time) for the past 29 years, always being careful to not take too much time off for a vacation because I will run out of vacation time before the year is over, now, I can go where I want, when I want, and for how long I want.

How cool is that? 56 years old and free to do what I want with my time, and it is my time now, not my employer.
yep.....when its raining outside and i see my letter carrier out there in it....i dont miss it at all....

It sure is good to know that everyone is so happy with all these jobs they have that 96 out of 100 people are seeking a new job, most to seek better pay.

But but but the unemployment rate is 3.5%!!! Everything is wonderful under Joe!!! Liberals love to tout 3.5% but HATE when Republicans mention 7-9% inflation with 5% increases in pay. People are making LESS now than they were under Trump, because each dollar is simply worth less.

Its ugly out there, fellahs.
I've had 5 jobs in the last 7 seven years, renegotiated the same job several times, and turned down numerous offers. Not because the job market is bad but because it is so good. I doubt any President deserves credit but that is the job view from me.

You couldn't get 95% of people to agree on what pizza to order.

I'm calling shenanigans on ANY poll that claims such a figure.

It sure is good to know that everyone is so happy with all these jobs they have that 96 out of 100 people are seeking a new job, most to seek better pay.

But but but the unemployment rate is 3.5%!!! Everything is wonderful under Joe!!! Liberals love to tout 3.5% but HATE when Republicans mention 7-9% inflation with 5% increases in pay. People are making LESS now than they were under Trump, because each dollar is simply worth less.

Uh yeah... 96%???
No way

unemployment numbers are heavily faked news. Everyone should know that by now.
Jobless claims is the standard as well as first time jobless claims. (Meaning they just filed vx getting another unemployment check)

And yes each administration plays with the accounting of these numbers....it's gotten worse as the decades go by but it's factored in.

Where the real shortfall exists is not in the low skill job market (although there are ALWAYS jobs in that area) is that in the medium skill job market there is a shortage of jobs.
The High Skill level of course is desperate for job seekers like the low skill is....but there has been a "resignation" of these workers as most have "early retired" or done something else that they wished to do. (Hot dog stand or coffee shop or whatever)

Some jobs require a lot of complex problem solving skills. (The rest of us just say "there was a question"? ) Those who actually can solve those problems with finesse in shark infested waters are few and far in-between. And most of them just quit their jobs in the past two years.
And it takes time to find their replacements....sometimes lots of time. Gotta weed out the petty tyrants and the wannabe incompetent. Because power doesn't corrupt but it does attract the corruptible.

You couldn't get 95% of people to agree on what pizza to order.

I'm calling shenanigans on ANY poll that claims such a figure.

But you could get 95% to agree that they want a different pizza than what they currently are eating.

96%? LOL

I know our company has almost 100% turnover within 12 months. Nobody wants to work anymore. Drivers are quitting as fast as we can recruit them. I'm the only driver still working from the class that came in when I started.

I know our company has almost 100% turnover within 12 months. Nobody wants to work anymore. Drivers are quitting as fast as we can recruit them.
We may have 20% turnover. Then again I work for an excellent major healthcare company that pays well. Most of that turnover is in the lower pay ranges.

There is zero reason that workers should feel loyal to employers when the inverse has not been true for generations. Labor is hurting because you can often make more money down the street than you're making at your current job. And as we've seen from many companies (if not most) they have zero loyalty to the workers. My employer included in that by the way.

I know you'll scream "no" (you have an idiot reflex) but here is one reason for distrust. Before Covid, what we heard from almost every type of management was that the federal minimum wage could not possibly be raised because it would drive them out of business!!! Now, with inflation up and material scarcity, wages are up near the desired FMW of $15 an hour. If anything, the wages should be contracted with inflation drive the costs of everything else upward.

If it costs more to hire a teen to do the job than a robot, the teen will be out of work. Simple as that.

I guess you guys better hire more robots? Simple as that.

I'd work at half my salary if I could put bikinis on hot naked women.

Forum List

Back