December Inflation Report shows continued Improvement.

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
Favorable report on inflation. Economy is significantly improving.

C27301CB-0D88-4D4E-84A7-41E1A5121D57.jpeg

Inflation Slowed to 6.5% in December

U.S. inflation slowed to 6.5% in December, marking the sixth straight monthly deceleration since a mid-2022 peak.

Core CPI, which excludes volatile energy and food prices, climbed 6% in No-vember from a year before, easing from a 6.3% gain in October. Many economists see increases in core CPI as a better signal of future inflation than theoverall CPI. Core prices increased at a 4.3% annualized ratein the three months ended in November, the slowest pace in more than a year.

I'm glad it's improved. Of course, when I was a kid, if my grade in math fell from an A to a F and then rose to a D, I could say my grade improved.

That's better I guess than increased deterioration, I guess. Although the Labor Department is controlled by Biden's Hand Picked Stooges, making it certain that the books have been cooked.

Further, how does this compare to the numbers that Donald J. Trump posted in this regard?

Favorable report on inflation. Economy is significantly improving.

View attachment 746949

Inflation Slowed to 6.5% in December

U.S. inflation slowed to 6.5% in December, marking the sixth straight monthly deceleration since a mid-2022 peak.

Core CPI, which excludes volatile energy and food prices, climbed 6% in No-vember from a year before, easing from a 6.3% gain in October. Many economists see increases in core CPI as a better signal of future inflation than theoverall CPI. Core prices increased at a 4.3% annualized ratein the three months ended in November, the slowest pace in more than a year.

so prices havent dropped but are still increasing at a slightly lower rate eh ?? so in other words necessities like food are going to stay high indefinitely ....:(

so prices havent dropped but are still increasing at a slightly lower rate eh ?? so in other words necessities like food are going to stay high indefinitely ....:(

Did you really think prices would ever drop? Has that ever happened?

The Fed raising interest rates is what is slowing inflation.
Nope. Inflation is trailing. Improved supply chain is driving inflation recovery. Look at lumber as the lifecycle example. Supply caught up and it doesn’t matter what the interest rate is. Price is low cuz there is tons of lumber available.

No. You misread. Inflation rate fell. The last 6 months we are seeing barely over a 2% inflation. 6 more months exactly like the last 6 will put inflation around a 2.3%

Nope. Inflation is trailing. Improved supply chain is driving inflation recovery. Look at lumber as the lifecycle example. Supply caught up and it doesn’t matter what the interest rate is. Price is low cuz there is tons of lumber available.
Nonsense.

Im surprised the board isn’t cheering this news. :rolleyes: I just filled up and could have saved 10 cents more if I had waited further up the road.

BC9548CB-B448-48A6-8D22-C7EE5166F3C5.jpeg

You continue to post half truths and outright lies.
You have me confused with someone else. I almost always link support. This is a good news threads. You should be pleased if you’re an American

The Fed raising the interest rate is also leading to it coming down, it is the whole point of them doing so. The Fed would prefer a recession to inflation.

The Fed raising the interest rate is also leading to it coming down, it is the whole point of them doing so. The Fed would prefer a recession to inflation.
Possible for sure there is some impact. I think their impact comes next year but we are at historical rates now.

E57A9727-84AC-495D-837F-226C0E465D27.jpeg

Forum List

Back