9/11 Tomorrow. Remember Who You Were Before That Day

I was less worried about our government.

On 9-11-01, I never expected to have two joint replacements and a medication pump. But even if I had I would NEVER have expected those three things to cause me to be a prime terror suspect every time I boarded a plane.

yeah... that's what you are ... "a prime terror suspect"

only in your own fevered imagination.

:cuckoo:

Really? If you would have told me before 911 that airport security would be frisking the elderly and 6 year old girls and not leting baby formula on board,or that the goverment could spy on Americans with out reason or warrants, that we would be involved in 2 wars for almost 10 years and involved in other conflicts, I would have said you were crazy.

Do you not realize that USC is our resident crazy old man?

He's always got some crazy-ass response to just about anything. He's funny and doesn't really pull punches in reference to either side of the political spectrum.

Immie

And don't you forget it either!

And those from other boards might recall that I said Iraq and Afganistan would be long quagmire types of wars.
And yes I was called crazy for it as well.

That's what I find entertaining about your posts. You create this fiction about yourself being almost a walking talking crystal ball.... whereas, almost every military member that I know of said the exact same thing. But, the difference between you and them, is that they weren't afraid of that. They said - and still say - it was the right thing to do. And, despite what you might want to pretend, there are a lot of terrorism experts who agree. We had to go.... to Iraq and Afghanistan. Because of Iraq, because of Afghanistan, we have the 'Arab Spring'... which, according to the left, will bring democracy to the ME. Because of what we have done, other countries (like Syria, Libya (as was) etc) are a lot less welcoming of any terrorists wanting to use their countries as training camps.

Do you not realize that USC is our resident crazy old man?

He's always got some crazy-ass response to just about anything. He's funny and doesn't really pull punches in reference to either side of the political spectrum.

Immie

And don't you forget it either!

And those from other boards might recall that I said Iraq and Afganistan would be long quagmire types of wars.
And yes I was called crazy for it as well.

That's what I find entertaining about your posts. You create this fiction about yourself being almost a walking talking crystal ball.... whereas, almost every military member that I know of said the exact same thing. But, the difference between you and them, is that they weren't afraid of that. They said - and still say - it was the right thing to do. And, despite what you might want to pretend, there are a lot of terrorism experts who agree. We had to go.... to Iraq and Afghanistan. Because of Iraq, because of Afghanistan, we have the 'Arab Spring'... which, according to the left, will bring democracy to the ME. Because of what we have done, other countries (like Syria, Libya (as was) etc) are a lot less welcoming of any terrorists wanting to use their countries as training camps.

actually, hon, most of us said if they took out saddam, it would be a quagmire. we said that, not because we were seers, but because that is what the state department told daddy bush in 1991. he was correct in listening to his state department.

his son was a moron.

that's a really interesting thing to say. "remember who you were before that day".

i think that's really, really important. and i think it's something people need to explore.

In 2003 I became a volunteer firefighter. I saw an advert for volunteers and I answered it. Did 09/11/2001 influence that decision? Maybe - but I can't honestly say for certain.

I dress a bit more casually when I fly 'cause flip-flops are easier to toss on the X-ray belt than are lace-up wing-tips.

I keep my passport up to date for citizenship ID as well as travel, but that's a practical move I most likely would have done any way.

I haven't changed. My World, on the other hand.......

The failure of our government began in 2003 when PAYGO expired and Bush gave an open Chinese VISA card to congress.

War may not have been avoided had PAYGO been extended beyond 2003, but the accounting of it (and the Medicare part D give away to the pharmaceutical lobby) would have been much more transparent and the spending on war and the brand new 'Top Secret Intelligence Bureaucracy' would not have gone insane.

The Department of Homeland Security did not exist in 2001 - in 2012 they'll be borrowing and spending over $1,500,000.00 per day, with our kids guaranteeing the loans with their future sweat.

On 9-11-01, I never expected to have two joint replacements and a medication pump. But even if I had I would NEVER have expected those three things to cause me to be a prime terror suspect every time I boarded a plane.

that's crazy,it seems like there has to be a better way to keep airplanes secure.

Everyone flies naked. Security and entertainment.

9/11 alone did not change me, but the subsequent decade has. I've become disillusioned with the government, disappointed in choices made that led us into two wars which turned into a nation-building quagmire, and concerned that the economic security this country enjoyed most of my life may not be there for my children, in large part because of those government choices.

But on 9/11, we wept as a nation, united as a people who grieved together... as one. I miss that national unity, and wish it didn't take tragedy to make us realize that we are all Americans, who love our country and bleed for its losses.

Well said.

I was working that day. That day and many days afterward I found it difficult not to get tearful when my patients did over 9-11. As an objective clinician we are not supposed to become part of the patient's drama. I thought for a while and realized this was not JUST their issue, it was also mine.

I am amazed that there continues to be so much racial bickering on forums like this one. It doesn't always seem to be people of color who have the problem, but others who need someone to look down upon. And of course the Sharptons and Jackons will never cease. Still, I recall that day one of my African American patients sitting in my office and saying, 'we've been so busy fighting amongst ourselves we didn't know who the REAL enemy was.'

Now, ten years later, it seems as if, once again, we have forgotten who the REAL enemy is. Somehow, we have extrapolated that the real enemy is us - our elderly and our infants.

What the fuck happened?

The failure of our government began in 2003 when PAYGO expired and Bush gave an open Chinese VISA card to congress.

War may not have been avoided had PAYGO been extended beyond 2003, but the accounting of it (and the Medicare part D give away to the pharmaceutical lobby) would have been much more transparent and the spending on war and the brand new 'Top Secret Intelligence Bureaucracy' would not have gone insane.

The Department of Homeland Security did not exist in 2001 - in 2012 they'll be borrowing and spending over $1,500,000.00 per day, with our kids guaranteeing the loans with their future sweat.

The government failure began long before Bush When the government sold the deed of America to the banks thats when the failure began.

Please keep this truck moving and show our support!!!
─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ▄ ▌ ▐ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▌
─ ─ ─ ▄ ▄ █ █ ▌ █ ░ ♥ ░ 9/11 victims & their families ░░ ♥░ ░▐
▄ ▄ ▄ ▌ ▐ █ █ ▌ █ ░ ♥ ░ ░░ we will never forget ░░░ ░ ♥░ ░▐
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ ▌ █ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▌
▀ (@) ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ (@)(@) ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ (@) ▀ ▘
to all who lost loved ones and to the hero's!!

9/11 alone did not change me, but the subsequent decade has. I've become disillusioned with the government, disappointed in choices made that led us into two wars which turned into a nation-building quagmire, and concerned that the economic security this country enjoyed most of my life may not be there for my children, in large part because of those government choices.

But on 9/11, we wept as a nation, united as a people who grieved together... as one. I miss that national unity, and wish it didn't take tragedy to make us realize that we are all Americans, who love our country and bleed for its losses.

Well said.

I was working that day. That day and many days afterward I found it difficult not to get tearful when my patients did over 9-11. As an objective clinician we are not supposed to become part of the patient's drama. I thought for a while and realized this was not JUST their issue, it was also mine.

I am amazed that there continues to be so much racial bickering on forums like this one. It doesn't always seem to be people of color who have the problem, but others who need someone to look down upon. And of course the Sharptons and Jackons will never cease. Still, I recall that day one of my African American patients sitting in my office and saying, 'we've been so busy fighting amongst ourselves we didn't know who the REAL enemy was.'

Now, ten years later, it seems as if, once again, we have forgotten who the REAL enemy is. Somehow, we have extrapolated that the real enemy is us - our elderly and our infants.

What the fuck happened?

We now have politicians who call Americans who disagree with them 'enemies'.

Well said.

What the fuck happened?

We now have politicians who call Americans who disagree with them 'enemies'.

Sadly, you are correct.

Y'know. I don't really want any pukey emails about this today. And I'm not going to send any.

Last edited:

Y'know. I don't really want any pukey emails about this today. So I'm not going to send any.

Who said you had to send email? Do you go to other discussion boards, Facebook?

Y'know. I don't really want any pukey emails about this today. So I'm not going to send any.

Who said you had to send email? Do you go to other discussion boards, Facebook?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter. IMO this is just a little too adolescent for my taste.

Y'know. I don't really want any pukey emails about this today. And I'm not going to send any.

:eusa_eh:

While I think it is important to remember who we were before that day. I think it is equally important to remember who and what we were ON that day.

Working, and wondering why there was a long line of cars at the gas stations, and why the price almost double on the price of gas.

I was hoping for more of a response...maybe something like "We were ALL American's"

We all got hit in the heart.

Most of us got hit in the heart. Some are heartless - it's like a badge of pride, for some reason.

I was one who did not follow the fear driven pack and I am still the same person.

That was my same thought.

I did not change.

the world did.

I watched people allow themselves to buy lies out of fear.

That was much scarier than anything OBL had to throw at us.

The government failure began long before Bush When the government sold the deed of America to the banks thats when the failure began.

True, the seeds of golden showers trickling down through the economy were sown in the 1970's & 80's and I'd be a liar if I didn't say I bought into it back then too, but ther's a reason that Clinton handed a fairly smoothly running bureaucracy over to the Cheney Administration - PAYGO.

During the 80's & 90's, Congress was forced by law to pay for any new spending with a tax hike or a reduction elsewhere, and 'government' was improving in spite of Clintons cock.

That ended in 2003 with the expiration of PAYGO and that's when the wheels started squeaking. They fell off in '08, due in large part to the out of control spending on security.

Last edited:

True, the seeds of golden showers trickling down through the economy were sown in the 1970's & 80's and I'd be a liar if I didn't say I bought into it back then too, but ther's a reason that Clinton handed a fairly smoothly running bureaucracy over to the Cheney Administration - PAYGO.

During the 80's & 90's, Congress was forced by law to pay for any new spending with a tax hike or a reduction elsewhere, and 'government' was improving in spite of Clintons cock.

That ended in 2003 with the expiration of PAYGO and that's when the wheels started squeaking. They fell off in '08, due in large part to the out of control spending on security.

Go further back than the 70's

Forum List

Back