8000 of 310,000,000 people

doesn't schip cover any child? with anything?

A family in New York who makes up to $88,000 a year qualifies for SCHIP.

The notion that truly poor people don't get health insurance is fraud.

Not everyone lives in NY.
How do "truly poor people" get health insurance?
They don't. They get subsidized health CARE. Not the same as insurance. Try going to Grady Hospital in Atlanta and tell me that is the same.

doesn't schip cover any child? with anything?

They don't. They get subsidized health CARE. Not the same as insurance. Try going to Grady Hospital in Atlanta and tell me that is the same.

What sort of false utopia are you waiting for?

What sort of false utopia are you waiting for?

I argue the real world facts as evidenced above in my analysis of why Obamacare pre existing condition exemption is a bad idea as insurance companies can not underwrite the unknown. I give real world examples of how that hurts insurance companies now and give real examples of why that raises premiums.
You parrot a bunch of bull shit.

was the number of people affected by the reason given for Obamacare, pre-existing conditions.

Health - WSJ.com: Only 8,000 enroll in health plan for preexisting conditions

We saved 8,000 people and the Wall Street Journal doesn't care.

Conservatism is the political codification of selfishness.

Anything but self-interest is a false utopia, something no society has succeeded at to the extent of the free United States.

Is it worth throwing the entire health care system over a cliff for 8000 people?

Is it worth spending trillions more for 8,000 people?

King rhetorical question is off his meds today, I see.

Anything but self-interest is a false utopia, something no society has succeeded at to the extent of the free United States.

Is it worth throwing the entire health care system over a cliff for 8000 people?

You know there are more than 8000 with pre existing illnesses so why are you bull shitting us?

You care to try proving that?

I dont give a crap if there were 16,000 that were'nt able to be covered.... We as a nation could have dealt with that, and should have for that matter.... I agree with Revere that we shouldnt "shit can" the entire system for such a small number of Americans is just idiotic at best.

Yes our HC system needs to be repaired, but this HC bill is a terrible invasion of our rights.... its down right UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

You know there are more than 8000 with pre existing illnesses so why are you bull shitting us?

You care to try proving that?

I dont give a crap if there were 16,000 that were'nt able to be covered.... We as a nation could have dealt with that, and should have for that matter.... I agree with Revere that we shouldnt "shit can" the entire system for such a small number of Americans is just idiotic at best.

Yes our HC system needs to be repaired, but this HC bill is a terrible invasion of our rights.... its down right UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

If you would read my posts I am the ONLY one here that corrctly states the insurance underwriting problems that arise with allowing pre-existing conditions to enter the market.

There are hundreds of thousands of cancer cases each year alone in America.
Guess what? That is a pre-existing condition AFTER the treatment.
My brother, there are millions denied insurance or, most importantly, priced out of the system with the pre-existing clause.
Republicans admit that also as their platform calls for the removal of the clause.
If you want to believe the bull shit that 8,000 people are "shit canning" the entire system then have at it.
Intelligent and informed conservatives know better and do not parrot innuendo.
BTW, do you really believe there are only 8,000 Americans with pre-existing conditions being underwritten NOW in America? News flash Moe: MANY corporations NOW have that many underwritten as high risk on their roles with PRE EXISTING CONDITIONS.
And it kills our competiveness worldwide.
However, refer to my analogy to the house on fire:
If people do NOT buy home insurance and then their house burns down they are allowed to buy the home owners insurance, file a claim and collect there is no way an insurance company can underwrite that for premiums.
That is my position so I oppose ALL efforts to change the pre-existing clause because there is NO way insurance companies can do that.
But the fact remains the 8,000 claim that those 8,000 are the only ones out there and they alone are the reason small business conservatives like myself seek change is:
BULL SHIT.

Should the gov't REQUIRE you buy home owners insurnace? I dont think so... If you want to be irresponsilbe and not buy it, and then in turn lose your home.... well, whos fault is that?

There are'nt folks out there who dont get healthcare... Hell, we even take care of folks who we know damn well are'nt even in this country legally. That never stops us from making sure they get treatment. I know because I work in the dialysis field and there are a ton of patients we have that are'nt even residents of this country. Medicare & Medicaid take care of them.

Yes, we have issues with our healthcare systems but the HC bill that was passed recently is just not the right answer.... simply b/c it is unconstitutional.

The folks that slip thru the cracks are the ones we really need to help.... whether its 8000 or 2 million, we need to get them covered... as long as they cant do it on their own.

was the number of people affected by the reason given for Obamacare, pre-existing conditions.

What a fucking waste!!!

If only the Death Panels would have passed...that way, we could legally get rid of any American with pre-existing conditions.

Thanks for proving my point.

"Anything but self-interest is a false utopia."

That's a classic.

I can sum up the problems with our health care center in two words: Government intervention.

I can sum up the problems with our health care center in two words: Government intervention.

I can sum it up in one word: ignorance.

The French cover everyone very well for much less per capita than we do, but conservatives are too ignorant to take a look at what the French do, even though a lot of it agrees with their point of view.

The French system is a combination of public and private insurance. They limit liability which lowers cost. Their medical schools are much cheaper than ours, so they have many more doctors per capita. More supply, cheaper cost. They also negotiate prices on behalf of the patients. Again, lower cost. And the sicker you are, the less you pay. Just the way it should be.

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance, and they pay much less per capita for health insurance than we do. The public option drives down costs and increases access, if done correctly.

Last edited:

A new nationwide effort to provide health coverage to uninsured Americans with preexisting conditions is off to a slow start, largely due to high costs and a lack of awareness.

As of Nov. 1, only 8,011 people were enrolled in the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan, numbers from the Dept. of Health and Human Services show.

From your Article:

Because many patients and physicians don't know about the program

The government did not force group health care as a benefit thus taking the customer-patient out of the equation.
Government and group health insurance is the problem.
"I get my health care for free" IS THE PROBLEM.

The home owners's insurance analogy went 20 feet over the other guy's head so let me post that fact again:
Does your homeowners' pay a claim for new carpet and paint?
Does your auto insurance pay a claim for oil changes and tires?
Does any policy pay claims AFTER you buy the insurance for incidents PRIOR to being insured? Allowing pre-existing claims will double premiums in 5 years. GOP also wants that provision.
Health care by insurance is the worst delivery system there is. 25% administrative costs and 20% commissions leaves 55 cents on the dollar at best. 60% of those dollars are spent on 4% of Americans for disease care.
Doesn't matter because your grandkids will not see it. The system as it is now with health insurance will not last another 25 years as it is unsustainable.
"Why worry about what it costs. I want all the health care I can get, it is paid for by insurance" has ruined American health care.

Does anyone really believe that their premiums will go down when the Obamacare is repealed?
:lol::lol::lol:

We just need to start over so it isn't done behind closed doors with back room doors without everyone's ideas. Let's have a bill that works for all the people, not just for some.

We should copy the French system.

It is a combination of public and private insurance, and it works better than any out there.

obamacare was never about care or caring.

It was only about the expansion of government. And it is doing a bang up job.

Ins premiums went up so much this year, much more than expected, that companies now have to pass on more of the cost in an economic downturn, which forced many of the working poor to put thier children on government ins. What's the fix to that? What is government going to do to fix what they broke? Total control, the left will use this situation of thier own creation to get that public option and force everyone to pay, which will drive cost further up and/or ins co's out of business.

Forum List

Back