8 year old girl shot in Berkley

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
What a tragedy. If only California has some type of gun control instead of just letting anyone to open carry.

:eusa_whistle:

An 8-year-old San Rafael girl visiting the Lawrence Hall of Science in the hills above UC Berkeley was shot in the leg by an arrow Tuesday, police said.

The girl, a third-grader at Mary E. Silveira Elementary School in San Rafael who was at the public science center on a class field trip, was sitting on a life-size model of a fin whale outside the building at 1 Centennial Drive when she was hit in her left thigh by an arrow about 10 a.m., UC Berkeley police Capt. Steve Roderick said.

The girl suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to Children's Hospital Oakland with the arrow still lodged in her leg, authorities said. Her name has not been released.

Arrow hits girl at Lawrence Hall of Science - SFGate

You can always tell which members grew up playing with Ken dolls in their households and who was making zip guns.

The k00ks still think the gun does the shooting.

Fucking jackasses these people.....they think laws will stop all dying.......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjzTwEIxlzs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjzTwEIxlzs[/ame]

Thesse flatheads just live in a perpetual state of needing to say shit to feel all warm and fuzzy.

Last edited:
I did a Google search and learned it wasn't an arrow. It was a crossbow bolt.

A technicality, but it relieves archers of blame. Anyone can shoot a crossbow and this incident probably is an example of ignorant, inexperienced horseplay.

A technicality, but it relieves archers of blame. Anyone can shoot a crossbow and this incident probably is an example of ignorant, inexperienced horseplay.

That is what I get for relying on the news. It should make it easier to find the person responsible though, crossbows don't have the range of a really good bow.

What another gun thread?:eusa_eh:

You see why I call these people gun QUEER?

These gun queers are deviating from the expected or normal; they are strange, odd, unconventional in behavior and more than just a little eccentric.

That is what I get for relying on the news. It should make it easier to find the person responsible though, crossbows don't have the range of a really good bow.
Absolutely right!

The only crossbow I've ever owned was a Barnet Commando, (a Christmas gift), a 150lb masterpiece. I recall being totally disappointed with its rapid loss of velocity and projectile drop.

Last edited:

Shooting at schoolchildren is inexperienced horseplay? :ack-1:

An archer happened to be on the scene...how convenient.

"Geoff Vassallo, 51, of Mariposa, who was accompanying students on another field trip, said he had been standing near the whale and saw the girl moments after she was shot.

"She was pretty calm. She was crying a little bit. She said, 'Oh, it hurts,' " Vassallo said. "One of the adults was comforting her, waiting for the emergency personnel to get here."

Vassallo, who is himself an archer, estimated that the arrow was 28 inches long. Archers use arrows of varying lengths depending on their height, and the one that hit the girl was made for an "average adult," he said.

Arrow hits girl at Lawrence Hall of Science - SFGate

Forum List

Back