78 million millennial's hate unions

Yea we know zeke you are retired and want your pension

Guess what its not fully funded.

Hey bear, why don't you describe the workers paradise that will exist when there are no more unions.
Can you do that?

When there are no more union scale wages to compare to, what will stop a company from cutting your wages to whatever level they choose in the right to work for less states?

You (and others) seem to believe that there will be a great advantage to be had by the workers when there are not more unions. What is that great advantage?

I asked and you couldn't answer. On your own thread no less. Wtf bear?

Lets try this again bear. IF there were no union auto jobs (for instance) what would a company be willing to pay an auto worker IF THERE WAS NO THREAT OF UNIONIZATION if the company cut wages?

You don't belong to a union bear, what would you do if the company told you a wage cut was coming for you?
Or are you so stupid you think you are not replaceable? Which is what protects your wages. Bullshit dude.
No one is not replaceable.

Yea we know zeke you are retired and want your pension

You keep saying this bear.

Tell you what. We can arrange what I am about to propose.

I will bet you all the money you have that I am not a retired union worker. ALL OF IT. Your property. Your possessions. Everything will be on the table. As will mine.

You prove I am retired union. If you don't, I get all your shit. YOU game? Or you just want to continue to make shit up?

Say it ain't so..
They don't want to pay union dues?
They don't want to fund bloated unfunded pensions?

Mostly what it has to do with is the ability to use brown-nosing and fraternizaation to get ahead in their careers. That doesn't work in a Union enviroenment. It can in a non-Union environment.

I dealt with this back between 2007-09 when we were Unionizing the Engineering/Design Department at the utility company I work for. The anti-Union individuals were all younger individuals who felt that they could "get ahead" in a non-Union environment by being buddies with the boss and kissing ass, even though they had no idea how to really do the work. One went so far as to tell me that he knew he could get ahead by doing 10 hours of unpaid OT each week. I told him that the 10 hours each week he spent fellating his boss didn't count as OT. To an individual, those people didn't want an environment where work would be distributed evenly and where time in grade was more important than being best friends with the boss.
Its called being the best of the best, I can do every job in a plastic plant after 30 years managers, engineers , come to me for advice and I am getting tired of posting my resume on here. You wanted a 40 hour job? Well thats fine, but I wanted to be the best of the best

Thats my rush, I love to fix machines, I love to program robots, I love to fix Quality problems, I love to figure out every thing mechanical, hydraulic, electronics, carpentry, electrical ect ect,
While you are one dimensional

To each his own, oh yea I started off as a little operator in 1983

I want your money bear. You fucking gonna bet me on what you claim or not?

The rest of your bullshit I ain't interested in.

You gonna prove I am retired union and get my money?
Or am I gonna get your money? (yes is the answer to that, IF you've got the balls to bet) Which I doubt.

Zeke I never got fired, I turned the lights off at two companies that went out of business and when I quit jobs people miss the hell out of me and try to called me back and I only went back twice and both times I quit again in a month

Zeke I don't know why I bother with you to convince you I am that good?

You Want someone to take pictures of me welding? Video tape me instructing on how to operate a Lath? Surface grinder? Bridge port? How to use a multi meter? How to program a sepro robot? How to do a proper preventive maintenance of a husky molding machine? How to process a Van Doren?

How to change cavity inserts of a 50 000 lb mold?

Again zeke I am that good

Zeke you like most union workers are one dimensional, you Call maintenance, you Call tooling, you Call quality, you Call processing, you Call Engineering, you call a janitor ....

In my plants they know who to call first... Me

Fuck you bear dude. Do you want to bet or not? That is the only post of yours I be interested in reading.

If you will put your money where your mouth is.

Hey bear, why don't you describe the workers paradise that will exist when there are no more unions.
Can you do that?

When there are no more union scale wages to compare to, what will stop a company from cutting your wages to whatever level they choose in the right to work for less states?

You (and others) seem to believe that there will be a great advantage to be had by the workers when there are not more unions. What is that great advantage?

I asked and you couldn't answer. On your own thread no less. Wtf bear?

Lets try this again bear. IF there were no union auto jobs (for instance) what would a company be willing to pay an auto worker IF THERE WAS NO THREAT OF UNIONIZATION if the company cut wages?

You don't belong to a union bear, what would you do if the company told you a wage cut was coming for you?
Or are you so stupid you think you are not replaceable? Which is what protects your wages. Bullshit dude.
No one is not replaceable.

I want your money bear. You fucking gonna bet me on what you claim or not?

The rest of your bullshit I ain't interested in.

You gonna prove I am retired union and get my money?
Or am I gonna get your money? (yes is the answer to that, IF you've got the balls to bet) Which I doubt.

Fuck you bear dude. Do you want to bet or not? That is the only post of yours I be interested in reading.

If you will put your money where your mouth is.
So if you are not retired zeke what do you do? If you are a union pipe welder I will respect the heck out of you, That's hard, but if you are just an average auto worker or electrician get the fuck out of my thread, fucking easy

So zeke, tell us your union job?

I am going to laugh my ass off because I know what its is now

Say it ain't so..
They don't want to pay union dues?
They don't want to fund bloated unfunded pensions?

Mostly what it has to do with is the ability to use brown-nosing and fraternizaation to get ahead in their careers. That doesn't work in a Union enviroenment. It can in a non-Union environment.

I dealt with this back between 2007-09 when we were Unionizing the Engineering/Design Department at the utility company I work for. The anti-Union individuals were all younger individuals who felt that they could "get ahead" in a non-Union environment by being buddies with the boss and kissing ass, even though they had no idea how to really do the work. One went so far as to tell me that he knew he could get ahead by doing 10 hours of unpaid OT each week. I told him that the 10 hours each week he spent fellating his boss didn't count as OT. To an individual, those people didn't want an environment where work would be distributed evenly and where time in grade was more important than being best friends with the boss.
Translation: Younger people knew that working harder would yield them promotions and bonuses. Older workers just wanted to gripe and do the minimum.

Translation: Younger people knew that working harder would yield them promotions and bonuses. Older workers just wanted to gripe and do the minimum.

Let's take a look at that..... Since 2009 (the year we signed the contract), there have been seven promotion/bonus/raise periods in this company.

Union employee (me): 7 raises( avg. 2.8%). 7 bonuses (avg. 3% of total pay). 1 promotion (based on time in grade - 12% raise) and a second potential promotional opportunity that was taken by an individual Senio to me, that I would have turned down anyay.

Management employees (general):: 3 raises (avg. 1.25%). 3 bonuses (approx. avg. 3.25%). 25% reduction in workforce (2011). Hiring freeze (2013 - present). Promotions only due to attrition.

Gee, seems to me that I made the right choice.

Its called being the best of the best, I can do every job in a plastic plant after 30 years managers, engineers , come to me for advice and I am getting tired of posting my resume on here. You wanted a 40 hour job? Well thats fine, but I wanted to be the best of the best

And what TANGIBLE value do you add to your life by being the "best of the best"? NOTHING. You don't get paid any more for doing things beyond the scope of your job. If you're in any sort of Corporate environment, I bet you don't see it in your bonus or raise either.

40 hours is what I'm contractually obligated to give the Company. Anything after that is MY time, and the Company is unwilling to pay what my free time is worth to ME. I could have 8 hours of OT every week. I haven't done a single hour of it in 3 years. The only time I come in is for Storm work which I'm contractually obligated to do. I uphold my end of the agreement. Nothing more and nothing less.

Thats my rush, I love to fix machines, I love to program robots, I love to fix Quality problems, I love to figure out every thing mechanical, hydraulic, electronics, carpentry, electrical ect ect, While you are one dimensional

Seems like you "love" to give your employer a whole lot more than you're being paid for. I have only ever intended to be one-dimensional. I work because I have to pay bills. No other reason. Always have an always will.

To each his own, oh yea I started off as a little operator in 1983

I started as a CAD operator at a Structural Engineering firm making $8.50 an hour in 1995. I now make (starting May 13) $37.05 an hour working for an electric utility company. That's a 336% increase in 20 years, or an average of a 16.8% wage increase every single year. It took two changes in jobs to get there, and I'm pretty much topped out in terms of promotions (which I don't mind), but it's a real nice view from here so far as I'm concerned.

so, at the end of the day it boils down to FUCK THE UNIONS

must be why RW's wanted to pass Keystone, it was 100% union built.

Millennials want everything for free. Say it ain't so lol.
As opposed to anyone else, right?
You miss the point. In the past a nice union job was an aspiration for many people. Today, young people understand unions are corrupt lousy organizations that are about helping their leadership and rewarding incompetence. Joe will be along shortly to demonstrate this fact.
No today you young people want everything for free.

No today you young people want everything for free.

Today's youth want to be the Manager or Supervisor without having done the department's work, simply because they spent 4 (or more) years at frat praties and taking out loans to bankfupt themselves and got a piece of paper at the end of it. They have no idea how to do the work, but somehow they're in charge of the people who do it.

Forum List

Back