75% of African American boys in California fail to meet state reading levels.

Why do first worlders have a problem with education, in the first world? What can you not learn, "on YouTube"?
I don't know, honestly I use YouTube A LOT. I pretty much installed a French drain around the house thanks to YouTube, as well as refinished the basement and added a new room and bathroom. Almost anything is in our grasp. But there is something about mellenials (age wise I am one) I guess a lack of independence that makes them slow learners and afraid to try new things. We've had to fire a few nurses in the past couple years for that reason, and it's a trend I nor any of the other staff has seen until receantly.
OK. I thought you were ignorant, but now I know you are just stone-cold stupid.

What is the source of your link? Think that organization is just a little bit biased? It is well known for cherry picking data to make homeschooling look appealing so they can increase their membership and collect more money! It's a scam!

Higher GPAs? Who grades the school work? No bias there!

Please! You are losing what little self-respect you had to start with.

Your pathetic amateurish arguments are boring as hell!

What is your education level? Dropout? GED? Anyone with a higher level could put up a better argument than yours.
Which link? The study is there, if you have information otherwise by all means post it.

And it's college GPAs that are higher. Why would I refer to high school GPAs? Seriously ask yourself that. Something you should've asked before you said that outloud. Even if I was, for whatever crazy reason, talking about high school students, the study was looking at standardized test scores, such as the SAT, ACT, etc.

Education is bachelors in nursing, I'm moving on to law school, probably do night school and continue working.

Again by ALL MEANS be my guest, post your conflicting data, or just keep using ad hominem attacks. Up to you, it's a free country.

You need to learn to read your own links. Those test scores are NOT the SAT and ACT.

From YOUR link:
"the California Achievement Test, the Iowa Test of Basic Skills and the Stanford Achievement Test "

I swear you are as sharp as a beach ball!

If you cannot distinguish a conflict of interest in the HSLDA promoting home schooling and then cooking up data to support it, you are one confused individual.

Again, from YOUR link:

"The study, commissioned by the Home School Legal Defense Association"

I cannot post conflicting data because there is no conflicting data.

Home school students are not required to take standardized tests like normal public school students and they are not required to take the SAT or ACT like many public school students.

Did you look up self-selection bias yet?
Do Homeschool Kids Really Rate Better on Standardized Tests?

From your link:

"But all SAT and ACT takers are self-selecting regardless of how they were schooled."

Bald-faced lie. In many states, public schools students are required to take these tests, so if they decide they don't want to go to college, they simply "Christmas-tree" the answer sheet and make public school student averages plummet!

HSLDA Study

There is your biased source again!

Your links are trash!

Only 16 states require the ACT only. That's still a lot of states left over. And the SAT as far as I know is self selected, and the most widely used by colleges.

And even then the college GPAs?

Not sure why I'm still having this conversation.

Those 16 states outnumber all of the home schooled students by a large factor. Did you ever pass any type of statistics class above high school level? If you did, you forgot everything.

I don't know, honestly I use YouTube A LOT. I pretty much installed a French drain around the house thanks to YouTube, as well as refinished the basement and added a new room and bathroom. Almost anything is in our grasp. But there is something about mellenials (age wise I am one) I guess a lack of independence that makes them slow learners and afraid to try new things. We've had to fire a few nurses in the past couple years for that reason, and it's a trend I nor any of the other staff has seen until receantly.
Which link? The study is there, if you have information otherwise by all means post it.

And it's college GPAs that are higher. Why would I refer to high school GPAs? Seriously ask yourself that. Something you should've asked before you said that outloud. Even if I was, for whatever crazy reason, talking about high school students, the study was looking at standardized test scores, such as the SAT, ACT, etc.

Education is bachelors in nursing, I'm moving on to law school, probably do night school and continue working.

Again by ALL MEANS be my guest, post your conflicting data, or just keep using ad hominem attacks. Up to you, it's a free country.

You need to learn to read your own links. Those test scores are NOT the SAT and ACT.

From YOUR link:
"the California Achievement Test, the Iowa Test of Basic Skills and the Stanford Achievement Test "

If you cannot distinguish a conflict of interest in the HSLDA promoting home schooling and then cooking up data to support it, you are one confused individual.

Again, from YOUR link:

Home school students are not required to take standardized tests like normal public school students and they are not required to take the SAT or ACT like many public school students.

From your link:

"But all SAT and ACT takers are self-selecting regardless of how they were schooled."

Bald-faced lie. In many states, public schools students are required to take these tests, so if they decide they don't want to go to college, they simply "Christmas-tree" the answer sheet and make public school student averages plummet!

HSLDA Study

Your links are trash!

Only 16 states require the ACT only. That's still a lot of states left over. And the SAT as far as I know is self selected, and the most widely used by colleges.

Those 16 states outnumber all of the home schooled students by a large factor. Did you ever pass any type of statistics class above high school level? If you did, you forgot everything.

I remember something about ratios...

Also they scored higher in the SAT, which is elective.

Look, skinago,

It is time to face facts. You are way out of your league and dumber than a post on this topic. I hope you are a good nurse because you need to stick with it. Law school will destroy you if you cannot spot biased sources and fraudulent statistics like you have been citing. It will chew you up and spit you out in your first semester of class.

Leave education to the educators because quite frankly, you suck!
Got a 165 on LSAT without taking a class for it, and a month of on and off study. I think I'll be just fine. Most full time students take an entire class dedicated to this test, I work at least 50 hours a week.

Your inability to understand basic concepts is the problem.

I am still waiting on your standard, learning target and assessment. Are you going to blow off assignments like that in law school?

From YOUR link:

Again, from YOUR link:

From your link:

HSLDA Study

Your links are trash!

I remember something about ratios...

Also they scored higher in the SAT, which is elective.

It is also useless because it only tests two academic areas.

Look, skinago,

It is time to face facts. You are way out of your league and dumber than a post on this topic. I hope you are a good nurse because you need to stick with it. Law school will destroy you if you cannot spot biased sources and fraudulent statistics like you have been citing. It will chew you up and spit you out in your first semester of class.

Got a 165 on LSAT without taking a class for it, and a month of on and off study. I think I'll be just fine. Most full time students take an entire class dedicated to this test, I work at least 50 hours a week.

I am still waiting on your standard, learning target and assessment. Are you going to blow off assignments like that in law school?

I blew off attending class in the hardest class I ever took. Because I learned better from going through a study guide I bought , and teaching myself, and did much better on the tests. Out of about 30 students who started that class I was 1 of 8 who actually passed it, and 1 of 2 who wasn't retaking the class. That class surprisingly enough was gen Chem, that happened to be taught by the head of the chemistry department, who told us right of the bat, she is weeding out students (in a freaking gen chem class). Harder than any class I had in nursing. But damn did I learn a valuable lesson. The answers are there, you just have to go out and find them. Maybe a good prof will help guide you to the answers, but no amount of attendance, and note taking is better than knowing how to teach yourself.

Look, skinago,

I blew off attending class in the hardest class I ever took. Because I learned better from going through a study guide I bought , and teaching myself, and did much better on the tests. Out of about 30 students who started that class I was 1 of 8 who actually passed it, and 1 of 2 who wasn't retaking the class. That class surprisingly enough was gen Chem, that happened to be taught by the head of the chemistry department, who told us right of the bat, she is weeding out students (in a freaking gen chem class). Harder than any class I had in nursing. But damn did I learn a valuable lesson. The answers are there, you just have to go out and find them. Maybe a good prof will help guide you to the answers, but no amount of attendance, and note taking is better than knowing how to teach yourself.

Good for you! Now, what does that have to do with your inability to answer my questions about standards?

Look, skinago,

Good for you! Now, what does that have to do with your inability to answer my questions about standards?

Kinda of goes against what I'm arguing for. Which is one or a few set of standards, for all is not good. Why would I do that? And making me write out standards for geometry, with curriculum, what point does that prove? Here, spend 2 hours on this assignment I'm giving to you, even though it goes against what your arguing for, and to no point whatsoever.

Look, skinago,

Kinda of goes against what I'm arguing for. Which is one or a few set of standards, for all is not good. Why would I do that? And making me write out standards for geometry, with curriculum, what point does that prove? Here, spend 2 hours on this assignment I'm giving to you, even though it goes against what your arguing for, and to no point whatsoever.

Stop lying, mainly to yourself. You cannot even identify what a standard is! That is the point!

If it takes you two hours to accomplish that task, how do teachers do 2 or 3 standards in a class period? I guess we must be really good, huh?

You keep arguing in circles because you don't have a clue as to what you are trying to say.

Would you agree that an Algebra I student should be able to calculate compound interest?

That's a standard and you will find universal agreement on that in every set of standards I have every taught.

However, should a student be able to rationalize square roots? That is in some standards I have used and some do not require it.

One of the major proponents of Common Core were military families. Imagine you were in the Navy and were transferred in December from Florida to San Diego. Wouldn't it be nice if your kids were being assessed on the same information in California that they were being taught in Florida? That is often a major problem in both math and language arts. Now, the kids will just have to suffer through these inconsistencies through no fault of their own.

Last edited:

Stop lying, mainly to yourself. You cannot even identify what a standard is! That is the point!

If it takes you two hours to accomplish that task, how do teachers do 2 or 3 standards in a class period? I guess we must be really good, huh?

You keep arguing in circles because you don't have a clue as to what you are trying to say.

Would you agree that an Algebra I student should be able to calculate compound interest?

That's a standard and you will find universal agreement on that in every set of standards I have every taught.

However, should a student be able to rationalize square roots? That is in some standards I have used and some do not require it.

One of the major proponents of Common Core were military families. Imagine you were in the Navy and were transferred in December from Florida to San Diego. Wouldn't it be nice if your kids were being assessed on the same information in California that they were being taught in Florida? That is often a major problem in both math and language arts. Now, the kids will just have to suffer through these inconsistencies through no fault of their own.
Go to my OP, see what I was arguing against, and see what I was arguing for. You'll get your answer there

Go to my OP, see what I was arguing against, and see what I was arguing for. You'll get your answer there

I am so sorry for you, but I just brought a new puppy home today and I do not have time for any more of your ignorance. At least I know my dog will be smarter than you in regards to education.

Have nice life!

Forum List

Back