71 percent of voters support raising taxes on the wealthiest 2 percent of Americans

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
A Vox and Data for Progress poll, conducted October 8-12, found that 71 percent of voters support raising taxes on the wealthiest 2 percent of Americans to pay for the bill. Eighty-six percent of Democrats and 50 percent of Republicans backed the idea. Other tax provisions focused on the wealthy that could be included in the bill — such as tax increases on corporations and capital gains — found 65 percent or more support overall.

Sixty-three percent of voters in the poll said they supported the $3.5 trillion overall plan that includes spending on health care, long-term care, child care, and clean-energy jobs.

I didn't know the $3.5 trillion over 10 years plan was so popular.

Do you think we should tax the rich, people who make over a half million dollars per year?

The former Rush Limbaugh is turning over in his grave.

A Vox and Data for Progress poll, conducted October 8-12, found that 71 percent of voters support raising taxes on the wealthiest 2 percent of Americans to pay for the bill. Eighty-six percent of Democrats and 50 percent of Republicans backed the idea. Other tax provisions focused on the wealthy that could be included in the bill — such as tax increases on corporations and capital gains — found 65 percent or more support overall.

Sixty-three percent of voters in the poll said they supported the $3.5 trillion overall plan that includes spending on health care, long-term care, child care, and clean-energy jobs.

Do you think we should tax the rich, people who make over a half million dollars per year?

Except that top 2% expands to the top 70% or so....come on Dimmer, everyone knows the elite Dims will get around paying anything more and those of us who work...real Americans and not the dregs...will foot the bill.

With a name like "Data for Progress", we're pretty sure there's no "hidden agenda." :laughing0301:

Just how many progressives did they poll? All of them?

Data For Progress

"Data for Progress works with movement organizations to provide data and polling that empower progressive activists."

As long as it's not their money, it's okay. :smoke:

I wonder when are they going to figure out that taxing the rich still isn't going to pay for the 3.5 trillion, AND
the government WILL be coming after that 71% for more taxes.

People are born stupid, some lift themselves up, and others just remain stupid.

Coveting is the human condition, and as such, democrats have simply exploited one of these dark human flaws. In fact, Hitler heavily taxed the top 4% in Germany and was very popular for doing so.

But at the end of the day, Hitler could not pay his bills as well as the DNC cannot pay their bills. The dirty little secret is, it does not matter how much revenue they take in on taxes, they will pay the same amount in welfare programs either way and simply let the debt rise that they have no intention of every paying.

Taxation is more to gain popularity or go after your political opponents as Obama did with the IRS to go after conservatives, or reward their allies by giving them tax breaks.

Taxation is not there for revenue to make your lives better, it is simply there to control people.

So what's stopping you from paying more of your money to the government?
Conservatives are mostly people of faith and as such give much more of their time and money to those in need

Conversely, Left wingers sit around trying to convince everyone to vote for those that would force them to give more of their money to government with the premise that it will help the poor when we know that most of that money goes no where near those in need.

$500,000 a year is RICH?!

cfcbfb303a7d6b537c478f72f8e80b2d.jpg

since 50% of voters dont pay taxs this makes sense,,

Raise the minimum wage until even the Poor pay their share. Don't just whine about it, right-wingers.

How about is those poor people just get off their lazy drug-addicted asses, go to school, and get a better job?

Or better yet, just work a little harder. I'm not going to subsidize them with my taxes or having to pay more for goods and services. Fuck that noise.

How about is those poor people just get off their lazy drug-addicted asses, go to school, and get a better job?

Or better yet, just work a little harder. I'm not going to subsidize them with my taxes or having to pay more for goods and services. Fuck that noise.
That won't even work in Right-to-Work States. Who are you trying kid, right-wingers? Capitalism has a Natural rate of unemployment.

Just Quit and go on unemployment; don't whine about it, right-wingers.

Forum List

Back