70% of workers are likely to quit at current $7.25 federal minimum wage in 'brutal' turnover cycle

Besides $7.25 an hour.
They can get the same crappy wage anywhere.

Where?

Doesn't take a skill yo package good in Montana and they are Forcing people to work for $12.60 an hour.

FT & PT Package Handler - Warehouse - Missoula, MT 59808 - Indeed.com

FT & PT Package Handler - Warehouse
FedEx Ground PH US

8,774 reviews

Missoula, MT 59808

• Job
  • Company
  • Insights

Job details
Salary
Similar jobs pay $12.60 - $17.00 an hour
Job Type

In Tennessee they are Forcing people to be janitors and assembly workers for $12 bucks an hour...

Page 1 of 36,644 jobs
Machine Operator - Tile
Dal-Tile3.8
$15.85 - $17.35 an hour

Apply with your Indeed Resume

Be an early applicant
· Today

Supports a life-long learning environment, enhancing own skills as well as assisting in the development of other employees. 5:45 am to 6:15 pm*.

Fabrication, Assembly and Powder Coat Technicians Starting pay $15.00 /hour
Titan Implement LLC
$15 an hour

Easily apply to this job without a resume

Urgently hiring

Please apply in person at Titan Implement, LLC at 232 Industrial Avenue, Decatur, Tennessee. Manufacturing experience is a plus.

Cabin Maintenance
Venture Resorts
$13 - $15 an hour

Responsive employer
Be an early applicant
· Today

Cabins of the Smoky Mountains is now hiring! No experience required for any of these positions. Maintenance- $13.00 to $15.00 /hour.

Maintenance Technician
Dal-Tile3.8
$21 - $27 an hour

Be an early applicant
· Today

Dickson's Maintenance Technician performs various mechanical and electrical duties on machines and equipment needed for production. 5:45 am to 6:15 pm*.

Maintenance Technician - Reserve at Creekside
Steadfast Companies3.4
Chattanooga, TN 37421
Similar jobs pay $15 - $20 an hour

· 2 days ago

If you’re ready to push yourself and have fun where you work, then Steadfast wants to talk to you. Encourage you to push yourself to the limit and grow…

Assembler I - Line 1
Welbilt3.2
Covington, TN
Just posted

Operate hand tools (including but not limited to electrical and pneumatic power tools). We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage…

Janitor
Jack Cawthon`s Bar-B-Que
Nashville, TN 37203
$12 - $20 an hour

Be an early applicant
Just posted

By applying to this job, you agree to receive a text message with a link to your profile as well as a text message when an employer has responded to your…

Assembly Team Member
AO Smith3.8
Ashland City, TN 37015
$15 - $17 an hour
Just posted
Not minimum wage

Exactly, I noticed all the minimum wage jobs on the job boards were in high minimum wage states. Who the heck would want to start off at the states minimum wage? How do you get ahead?

What do you tell your friends...oh I make $13 dollars an hour" and they say " ha ha loser you make minimum wage "

Hey check this out I thought Oregon minimum wage was $11.25 an hour

Herbal supplement production order filler - Albany, OR 97321 - Indeed.com

Herbal supplement production order filler
Health & Herbs

2 reviews

Urgently hiring
Be an early applicant

• Job
  • Insights

Job details
Salary
$10 - $12 an hour

Here is a great low skill job in oregon you make $1.25 over the states minimum wage.

Dishwasher/Utilities - Tualatin, OR 97062 - Indeed.com

Dishwasher/Utilities
Nothing Bundt Cakes

449 reviews

19283 Southwest Martinazzi Avenue, Tualatin, OR, USA
Urgently hiring
Be an early applicant

• Job
  • Insights

Job details
Salary
$12.50 an hour
Job Type
Full-time

Now compare it to a dishwasher over in idaho a few miles a way you can start at $15 bucks an hour....that's $7.75 over Idaho's minimum wage of $7.25

Page 1 of 86 jobs

Dishwasher - $15/hr
The Funky Taco
Boise, ID 83702
$15 an hour

So tell us who gets ahead the dishwasher making $1.25 over Oregon minimum wage or the dishwasher in Idaho making $7.75 over the states minimum wage?

At 7.25 employers don't expect much productivity if any at all. So people don't take those jobs seriously at all. They walk away whenever they want...as it should be.
Why should they stay?
They have nothing to lose

Large%20minimum%20wage-S.jpg

They have the expense of trying to start out in life

Get a car, pay for gas and insurance
Pay for a college education
Eventually move out of their parents house

$7.25 doesn’t cut it

As you know, it isn't supposed to "cut it".

Rules-S.jpg

Last edited:
Which of course is way below what minimum wage would be if adjusted to reflect real inflation, which you class warfare advocates keep hoping to ignore.

As you know, the minimum should be ZERO.

I'm sure I've asked you this before but I'll try again, I love watching to run like a scared little girl.

What is the average household income where one worker earns the minimum wage?

He reminds me of that one Jim Carry movie where everyone prayed to god that they would win the 40 million dollars in the lottery, well like 900,000 people got all 6 numbers and after they split it they all got like a buck and 59 cents.

Exactly

Minimum wage for previous generations allowed workers to pay for school, buy a car, gas and insurance, move out

We have sold out this generation

That's just a flat out lie, one you have told many, many times in your role as MASTER TROLL.

Why lie?

wow-who-d816aae976-S.jpg

Rightwinger simply pulls up his past comments he saves on his computer. He doesn't care, he has no dog in this fight. He just loves to stir the pot!

Stirthepot-1-S.jpg

In 1961 (10th grade) I got my first “real” job as a bag boy at our local grocery store. Minimum wage was $1.00 per hour, we (bag boys) earned $0.85 per hour because we made tips too.

The price for a gallon of gas was $0.31 per gallon. I could buy about 3 gallons of gas for the minimum wage.

Today, the national minimum wage is $7.25 per hour. Gas is about $2.50 per…about three gallons. Same as 1961.

I have thought back and in 1961 I probably had more spendable income as at any time in my life. We (the bag boys) made three to four times our minimum wage in tips and much more during the holiday season.

Yes, I earned my way through college but I wasn’t making minimum wage by that time. Two years at a “Junior College” and two at an upper tier private college.

If one of our favorite trolls was working for minimum wage, through college, he really had to be a sorry employee! Then again, unquestionably he was earning exactly what he was being paid, just like everyone else!

In 1961 (10th grade) I got my first “real” job as a bag boy at our local grocery store. Minimum wage was $1.00 per hour, we (bag boys) earned $0.85 per hour because we made tips too.

The price for a gallon of gas was $0.31 per gallon. I could buy about 3 gallons of gas for the minimum wage.

Today, the national minimum wage is $7.25 per hour. Gas is about $2.50 per…about three gallons. Same as 1961.

I have thought back and in 1961 I probably had more spendable income as at any time in my life. We (the bag boys) made three to four times our minimum wage in tips and much more during the holiday season.

Yes, I earned my way through college but I wasn’t making minimum wage by that time. Two years at a “Junior College” and two at an upper tier private college.

If one of our favorite trolls was working for minimum wage, through college, he really had to be a sorry employee! Then again, unquestionably he was earning exactly what he was being paid, just like everyone else!

It was $3.35 for me, but after a month at brown's chicken and later arby's was making over $4 and my first full time job stated at $6 a year later making $8 thought I was bringing in the big bucks that's when I bought a brand new car and got an apartment at 19 years old.

Another dumb fuck opinion piece, News flash needle dicks.....

1. Who makes minimum wage and stays at minimum wage for months or years at end?

2. (THE MOST IMPORTANT) 70% OF WORKERS WILL QUIT WHAT EVER MINIMUM WAGE PAYS

YOU DUMB MOTHER FUCKERS.

70% of workers quit at current $7.25 federal minimum wage in 'brutal' turnover cycle

70% of workers are likely to quit at current $7.25 federal minimum wage in 'brutal' turnover cycle
  • A survey of tens of thousands of small businesses reveals that the employee turnover rate is more than double the national average when employees are paid the federal minimum wage of $7.25/hour.
  • With a nationwide movement to raise the minimum wage to $15/hour, the research shows that turnover rates would decline as a result, though with a diminishing impact once wages pass $15.
Matthew Castillon, data scientist at Gusto
Published 3 Hours Ago Updated
Fast-food workers and supporters fight to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour.
For the more than 6 million small businesses nationwide, employee turnover can be a brutal expense.

In fact, nearly 1 in 3 (32%) employees will no longer be at their current employer one year from now. For a team of 20, where each person earns $50,000, that turnover rate can cost a business more than $100,000 a year. That's why reducing turnover is essential for keeping costs down as it relates to hiring, onboarding and training employees.

In a recent analysis of why employees leave small businesses, the research team at payroll, HR and benefits company Gusto found a strong correlation between hourly wage thresholds and the rate of turnover.

According to the data from tens of thousands of small business employers who work with Gusto across the U.S., employees earning $7.25/hour (the current federal minimum wage) have a 70% chance of leaving within a year, more than double the average turnover rate of 32%.

This finding comes alongside the recent passage of the Raise the Wage Act in the U.S. House of Representatives. The bill proposes a gradual increase to the federal minimum wage from $7.25/hour to $15/hour by 2025. The Senate hasn't considered the bill at this point, yetnearly all 2020 Democratic presidential candidates support the legislation.

The results here are pretty intuitive ,and have been assumed to be correct for more than a hundred years.

The late Henry Ford didn't double assembly line wages so that his workers could buy his cars, even though that's the liberal myth. He did it it reduce turnover as he felt that would improve quality of the product.

In some lines of work, high turnover isn't a big deal, but it is something employers need to consider in their own business, when setting wages.

It was $3.35 for me, but after a month at brown's chicken and later arby's was making over $4 and my first full time job stated at $6 a year later making $8 thought I was bringing in the big bucks that's when I bought a brand new car and got an apartment at 19 years old.

Btw that's what happens when you make twice the minimum wage, you get ahead....

If everyone made $8 an hour I would of still lived with my parents and drove the same old car, that's what these "fight for $15" fools cant figure out.

YOU DUMB MOTHER FUCKERS.

70% of workers quit at current $7.25 federal minimum wage in 'brutal' turnover cycle

• A survey of tens of thousands of small businesses reveals that the employee turnover rate is more than double the national average when employees are paid the federal minimum wage of $7.25/hour.
  • With a nationwide movement to raise the minimum wage to $15/hour, the research shows that turnover rates would decline as a result, though with a diminishing impact once wages pass $15.
Fast-food workers and supporters fight to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour.
For the more than 6 million small businesses nationwide, employee turnover can be a brutal expense.

In fact, nearly 1 in 3 (32%) employees will no longer be at their current employer one year from now. For a team of 20, where each person earns $50,000, that turnover rate can cost a business more than $100,000 a year. That's why reducing turnover is essential for keeping costs down as it relates to hiring, onboarding and training employees.

In a recent analysis of why employees leave small businesses, the research team at payroll, HR and benefits company Gusto found a strong correlation between hourly wage thresholds and the rate of turnover.

According to the data from tens of thousands of small business employers who work with Gusto across the U.S., employees earning $7.25/hour (the current federal minimum wage) have a 70% chance of leaving within a year, more than double the average turnover rate of 32%.

This finding comes alongside the recent passage of the Raise the Wage Act in the U.S. House of Representatives. The bill proposes a gradual increase to the federal minimum wage from $7.25/hour to $15/hour by 2025. The Senate hasn't considered the bill at this point, yetnearly all 2020 Democratic presidential candidates support the legislation.

The results here are pretty intuitive ,and have been assumed to be correct for more than a hundred years.

The late Henry Ford didn't double assembly line wages so that his workers could buy his cars, even though that's the liberal myth. He did it it reduce turnover as he felt that would improve quality of the product.

In some lines of work, high turnover isn't a big deal, but it is something employers need to consider in their own business, when setting wages.

Exactly when one company does it with 5,000 employees but not 50 million mandated by the federal government.

$7.25 doesn’t cut it

Rules-S.jpg
Conservatives keep saying minimum wage is supposed to be a “starter wage”

Paying for college, getting a car, moving out is......starting

$7.25 doesn’t cut it

Rules-S.jpg

I thought you libs were against automobile culture, as it is harmful to the environment or something? Why should a young person get a car at all, why not just take the bus?

$7.25 doesn’t cut it

Rules-S.jpg

I thought you libs were against automobile culture, as it is harmful to the environment or something? Why should a young person get a car at all, why not just take the bus?
Never said that.....just that they should be more efficient and encourage the development of alternative fuels

YOU DUMB MOTHER FUCKERS.

The problem with that is that only about 3% of all workers only get the FMW. Included in that number are tipped workers like bartenders and watiers who actually make well over MW when tips are included

$7.25 doesn’t cut it

Rules-S.jpg

Never said that.....just that they should be more efficient and encourage the development of alternative fuels

Shoe leather has already been developed, if the young people care about mother earth so much, they should walking. A decent pair of shoes can be had for $125 to $150 and can be brought to the local cobbler to increase their lifespan.

$7.25 doesn’t cut it

Rules-S.jpg

It's not 1960, with only 180 million people, no foreign competition, no EPA, no computers...

(Wow I had to look it up thought we had 200 million, 120 million plus in only 59 years)

Has anyone considered that the target audience for the article is employers that maybe want to retain good people?

Good point, but like someone already mentioned Henry Ford, it's not rocket science for CEOs to know this ...

Was just watching the local news remember that guy in Seattle that started all his employees at 70 grand ?

He bought a company in Idaho and did the same thing gave all of them a 30 grand raise.

This CEO raised the minimum salary of his employees to $70k and now he’s doing it again

This CEO raised the minimum salary of his employees to $70k and now he’s doing it again
  • CNN Wire
  • 1 day ago
s114821976.jpg

SEATTLE – A maverick CEO who slashed his own salary four years ago to raise his employees’ pay is doing it again.

Dan Price, the head of Seattle-based Gravity Payments, said Tuesday that all of the employees in the company’s new Boise, Idaho, office will earn a minimum annual salary of $70,000 by 2024.

Today's young workers are the hardest working, most dedicated ever. Imagine all the wealth they create for their companies. Unreal. They surely work incredibly hard for low wages.

Do you have a link or is this just your opinion?

Forum List

Back