70% of Americans support Obama's carbon plan

Everyone wants to reduce pollution. The problem I see is they didnt ask how much they'd be willing to pay to do it.

1) The question did not use the term "pollution".

2) The question didn't ask how much they'd be willing to pay but it certainly made no effort to make them think it would cost nothing. Besides, that's a different question. Even idiots know better than to ask complex questions in a survey if they actually want meaningful results.

3) Neither did the question spell out the cost of NOT remedying the situation.

Dance,Dance,Dance....I promise you if you told people their electric bill would go up 30 to 40 percent the results would be way different.

naaa, they post this bs poll like they expect us all to bow and say, oh thank you dear leader Obama...

The point of this thread is not to argue the value of his coal emissions plan but whether or not it has as much support among republicans as the polls seem to indicate.

I want to believe those polls so I will. I suspect you don't want to believe them so you won't. But as more and more polls show the same trend, it's gonna get hard to maintain your disbelief.
You do know that a poll is nothing more than a predetermined answer to a specific issue, right?

Polls can be worded to get any outcome they wish, and then the results are used to manipulate public opinion.

Yea Steph we know what you want

birther-country-back.jpg

1000 people from 18-39 is hardly a representative sample of 350 million people

:eusa_shhh:

they don't care they'll use anything to push their agendas

Don't we all go to our 18 year old kids to ask their advice on our lives?

You and Skull Pilot are quite the statistics gurus, aren't you.

So, did any of you that tried to "throw the bullshit flag" on the OP's claim, ever come up with any EVIDENCE to support your charge? Do you have a survey on the topic showing different numbers?

So, did any of you that tried to "throw the bullshit flag" on the OP's claim, ever come up with any EVIDENCE to support your charge? Do you have a survey on the topic showing different numbers?

figure it out for yourself
like I said, nearly 70% of the people DISAPPROVES of Obama but you think this same number is going to turn around and vote for the joys of having their electricity rates HIKED by him...You all want some 18year old kid running your lives, have at it

figure it out for yourself
like I said, nearly 70% of the people DISAPPROVES of Obama but you think this same number is going to turn around and vote for the joys of having their electricity rates HIKED by him...You all want some 18year old kid running your lives, have at it

1) If you make a claim it is YOUR responsibility to back it up, not mine.

2) Obama, or any other president you might want to name, will do things of which people will approve and things of which they will disapprove. George W Bush did things I liked, just not many of them. A high disapproval rating is not a guarantee of a high disapproval rating of every single choice or action.

70% of Americans believe solar works at night.. And that wind and solar are alternatives to what we have now.. Really doesn't matter what people think NOW -- just wait for the coal plants to start shuttting down and ask them if brownouts and blackouts are saving the planet..

If Obama is serious about this. Maybe he should move all the investment cash into fusion r&d? maybe we could move that time table on a real energy source a few decades.

Last edited:

The first thing I do whenever you sheep post a survey is look at the metrics.

No one in their right mind would ever think that a sample of 1000 people from 18-39 is a viable sample for the entire nation.

No one in their right mind would ever think that a sample of 1000 people from 18-39 is a viable sample for the entire nation.

it fits their agenda they don't care
some frikken WashingtonCompost/ABC poll
what a joke

Can I ask you what logic of yours supports that conclusion? How much statistics training have you had?

PS: think about the odds off there being a significant DIFFERENCE between the opinions of those thousand and the opinions of the population as a whole. We're only talking a yes no question here dude.

Last edited:

Can I ask you what logic of yours supports that conclusion? How much statistics training have you had?

4 semesters in college and a working knowledge in my business.

And let's look at this through the common sense filter.

Do the opinions of 1000 18-39 year old Democrats reflect the opinions of the entire country?

Secondly I didn't find the metrics on the actual numbers for each age

For all we know it was 999 18 year old idiots and one 39 year old.

oh look another poll..I guess this one negates the one above eh?

SNIP:
CBS Poll: Less Than Half of All Americans Think Global Warming Is Having A “Serious Impact Now”…

The Goracle needs to ramp up his fear mongering machine.

Via CBS News:

The Obama administration will unveil the first-ever carbon pollution limits on existing power plants. Monday and according to a recent CBS News Poll, while most Americans express concern about global warming, many aren’t feeling a great sense of urgency about its impact.

The poll, conducted last month, found fewer than half of Americans (46 percent) think global warming is having a serious impact now. Another 31 percent don’t expect a serious impact until sometime in the future, and one in five doesn’t think global warming will have a serious impact at all.

Opinions on the seriousness of global warming have wavered little in recent years, but there are stark demographic differences on the issue. A majority of college graduates (60 percent) believe global warming is a problem that is having an effect right now, but that number drops to 40 percent among those without a college degree. Older Americans are less likely than those who are younger to think global warming’s impact is urgent. Politics plays a role as well: Democrats (65 percent) are more than twice as likely as Republicans (28 percent) to say global warming is causing an impact now.

Keep reading… AT
CBS Poll: Less Than Half of All Americans Think Global Warming Is Having A ?Serious Impact Now?? | Weasel Zippers

Polls are mostly worthless, they can be worded for the required results.

Here it is, here's the question that was asked by the Washington Post/ABC News pollsters - in what way do you think it was "worded for the required results." -pewsh!-

“Do you think the federal government should or should not limit the release of greenhouse gases from existing power plants in an effort to reduce global warming?”

And the result...
"Overall, 70% support federal limits."

Everyone wants to reduce pollution. The problem I see is they didnt ask how much they'd be willing to pay to do it.

Are you a liberal plant?
If not, thanks for being ignorant of the poll you're commenting on, i.e. "The problem I see is they didn't ask how much they'd be willing to pay to do it."

Finally, the same poll asked,
“What if that significantly lowered greenhouse gases but raised your monthly energy expenses by 20 dollars a month – in that case do you think the government should or should not limit the release of greenhouse gases?” The results were so surprising, here’s another chart:

6.2.14.2.jpg

Just so we’re clear, a majority of Americans – regardless of party affiliation – is prepared to raise their own energy bills a bit in order to combat climate change. That’s no small development.

70% of Americans support Obama's carbon plan and-----and a majority of Americans support the Presidents plan even if they have to pay more for electricity.

Public endorses limits on carbon pollution

By Steve Benen
06/02/14

<snip>

The Washington Post/ABC News poll specifically asked respondents, “Do you think the federal government should or should not limit the release of greenhouse gases from existing power plants in an effort to reduce global warming?” Overall, 70% support federal limits.

But in the chart I put together – darker colors show support for federal limits, lighter colors show opposition – consider the partisan breakdown. Sure, Republican support is weaker than among self-identified Democrats and Independents, but it’s nevertheless clear that a majority of GOP voters support federal limits on carbon pollution.

The same poll asked respondents about a policy that sounds a lot like the new Obama administration plan: “Do you think the federal government should or should not require states to limit the amount of greenhouse gases produced within their borders, in an effort to reduce global warming? The states could make their own plans how to comply.” The results were practically identical – 70% overall support state requirements, and that includes a majority of self-identified Republicans.

<snip>
hahahahaahahahahahahhaahahaha

That a majority of republicans support federal limits on carbon pollution bears up yesterday's post showing majority concern among republicans regarding climate change.

well sir the highest, I mean the highes that kind of poll could ever be is 45%. That is it. So any mention of 70% approval for Obama is pure fiction except from someone with a head in the sand.

Last edited:
Which tells you that 30% of the Democrats don't like it. Because every one of those 1000 were dems. I betcha.

Forum List

Back